I had previously posted a question regarding a day trip to CT from Florence, but based on all of your great feedback, I think I have to spend at least 1 night in the CT to have time to enjoy it, so am starting a new thread since plans have changed
The plan was to travel with 20 yr old DD from Venice to Florence, then Rome (12 days total) but now I am considering taking a day or two from Florence or Rome (or both) so we can enjoy the CT. We are going early August (next month) and all my other accommodations are booked. I know it will be really hot and crowded in the cities, so I think CT will be a welcome rest from the cities and it's so beautiful! I am looking to add some more relaxation to our trip
I am considering taking a Frecciabianca train from Venice to Monterosso with one stop in Milano Centrale (6hrs). Stay 1 night, then train to Florence and continue on rest of trip. I would love your feedback on this idea. Another poster mentioned with this train you get reserved seats and only have 1 stop as opposed to the trains that go to CT from Florence, etc. Is this a good way to get to CT? Do any planes fly from Venice to anywhere near CT?
I know it's really late to try to find a hotel in Monterosso. Would love to have a ocean view and/balcony. Since I will have my 20 year old DD with me, do you think the new town or old town would be better? Would love to be close to ocean, restaurants, good views, etc. Would love some suggestions for hotels in Monterosso.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 2 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 3 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 4 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 5 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 6 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 7 Trains in Alps and UK
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 11 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 12 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 13 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 14 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 15 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 16 Need itinerary help! Dolomites to Austria through Hallstat to Venice
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 CDG airport and connection time
- 19 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 20 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 21 Travelogue: Sweden with kids
- 22 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 23 Dash to Sicily January Advice hel....
- 24 If you had to choose one......
- 25 Where to buy Saffron?