I had previously posted a question regarding a day trip to CT from Florence, but based on all of your great feedback, I think I have to spend at least 1 night in the CT to have time to enjoy it, so am starting a new thread since plans have changed
The plan was to travel with 20 yr old DD from Venice to Florence, then Rome (12 days total) but now I am considering taking a day or two from Florence or Rome (or both) so we can enjoy the CT. We are going early August (next month) and all my other accommodations are booked. I know it will be really hot and crowded in the cities, so I think CT will be a welcome rest from the cities and it's so beautiful! I am looking to add some more relaxation to our trip
I am considering taking a Frecciabianca train from Venice to Monterosso with one stop in Milano Centrale (6hrs). Stay 1 night, then train to Florence and continue on rest of trip. I would love your feedback on this idea. Another poster mentioned with this train you get reserved seats and only have 1 stop as opposed to the trains that go to CT from Florence, etc. Is this a good way to get to CT? Do any planes fly from Venice to anywhere near CT?
I know it's really late to try to find a hotel in Monterosso. Would love to have a ocean view and/balcony. Since I will have my 20 year old DD with me, do you think the new town or old town would be better? Would love to be close to ocean, restaurants, good views, etc. Would love some suggestions for hotels in Monterosso.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International drivers permit
- 2 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 3 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 4 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 5 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 8 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 9 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 10 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 11 Naples + Walking Tour
- 12 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 13 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 14 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 15 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 16 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 17 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 18 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 19 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 20 TIM in FCO - update
- 21 London GTG May 19-25
- 22 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 23 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 24 Classical Tour of Albania
- 25 London and Normandy