I had previously posted a question regarding a day trip to CT from Florence, but based on all of your great feedback, I think I have to spend at least 1 night in the CT to have time to enjoy it, so am starting a new thread since plans have changed
The plan was to travel with 20 yr old DD from Venice to Florence, then Rome (12 days total) but now I am considering taking a day or two from Florence or Rome (or both) so we can enjoy the CT. We are going early August (next month) and all my other accommodations are booked. I know it will be really hot and crowded in the cities, so I think CT will be a welcome rest from the cities and it's so beautiful! I am looking to add some more relaxation to our trip
I am considering taking a Frecciabianca train from Venice to Monterosso with one stop in Milano Centrale (6hrs). Stay 1 night, then train to Florence and continue on rest of trip. I would love your feedback on this idea. Another poster mentioned with this train you get reserved seats and only have 1 stop as opposed to the trains that go to CT from Florence, etc. Is this a good way to get to CT? Do any planes fly from Venice to anywhere near CT?
I know it's really late to try to find a hotel in Monterosso. Would love to have a ocean view and/balcony. Since I will have my 20 year old DD with me, do you think the new town or old town would be better? Would love to be close to ocean, restaurants, good views, etc. Would love some suggestions for hotels in Monterosso.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lucerne to Rome on Swiss pass
- 2 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 3 Dijon RAVE - My Home in Dijon
- 4 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 5 Tuscany Trip
- 6 Calling all Iceland mavens.
- 7 12-14 nights enough ?
- 8 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 9 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 10 Hurry to France before it loses it's frenchness
- 11 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 12 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 13 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 14 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 15 Updated Southern Croatia Trip (recommendations please)
- 16 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 17 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 18 Need help with my itinerary
- 19 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 20 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 21 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 22 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 23 Killarney
- 24 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 25 5 days northern spain, help us !