I had previously posted a question regarding a day trip to CT from Florence, but based on all of your great feedback, I think I have to spend at least 1 night in the CT to have time to enjoy it, so am starting a new thread since plans have changed
The plan was to travel with 20 yr old DD from Venice to Florence, then Rome (12 days total) but now I am considering taking a day or two from Florence or Rome (or both) so we can enjoy the CT. We are going early August (next month) and all my other accommodations are booked. I know it will be really hot and crowded in the cities, so I think CT will be a welcome rest from the cities and it's so beautiful! I am looking to add some more relaxation to our trip
I am considering taking a Frecciabianca train from Venice to Monterosso with one stop in Milano Centrale (6hrs). Stay 1 night, then train to Florence and continue on rest of trip. I would love your feedback on this idea. Another poster mentioned with this train you get reserved seats and only have 1 stop as opposed to the trains that go to CT from Florence, etc. Is this a good way to get to CT? Do any planes fly from Venice to anywhere near CT?
I know it's really late to try to find a hotel in Monterosso. Would love to have a ocean view and/balcony. Since I will have my 20 year old DD with me, do you think the new town or old town would be better? Would love to be close to ocean, restaurants, good views, etc. Would love some suggestions for hotels in Monterosso.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ludwig Castles
- 2 London with Teens Trip Report
- 3 Best Viking Sites
- 4 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 5 Ex-pats with young kids
- 6 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 9 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 10 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 11 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 12 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 13 Hotels in Turin
- 14 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Rome? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 15 Romania: Putting together a 7-day itinerary
- 16 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 17 Help on ancient history route
- 18 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 19 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 20 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 23 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 24 Greece
- 25 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers