We will be arriving in Sorrento (our 2nd visit) on the Saturday evening before Easter, and have 4 days to explore the Amalfi coast. My question: what will be open on Easter Sunday and Easter Monday? We would like to visit Herculaneum, Positano, Amalfi, Capri, Vietri sul Mare and Paestum...would shops, etc. be open for business on those days? The historical sights are listed as being open, but would they be horribly crowded? Also- should we make dinner reservations in Sorrento for those two nights before leaving home? Thanks, forum posters- you always have great insights!
Need help planning Easter 2013 week on Amalfi coast
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 2 Schengen Visa Rules
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 5 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 6 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 7 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 8 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 9 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 10 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 11 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 12 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 13 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 14 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 15 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 16 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 17 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 18 Is my plan ok
- 19 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 20 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 21 5 Observations About Paris
- 22 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 23 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 24 Southern Spain
- 25 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany