We will be arriving in Sorrento (our 2nd visit) on the Saturday evening before Easter, and have 4 days to explore the Amalfi coast. My question: what will be open on Easter Sunday and Easter Monday? We would like to visit Herculaneum, Positano, Amalfi, Capri, Vietri sul Mare and Paestum...would shops, etc. be open for business on those days? The historical sights are listed as being open, but would they be horribly crowded? Also- should we make dinner reservations in Sorrento for those two nights before leaving home? Thanks, forum posters- you always have great insights!
Need help planning Easter 2013 week on Amalfi coast
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 2 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 3 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 4 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 5 More help with housing in Puglia
- 6 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 7 Chambermaid tipping
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 10 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 11 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 TGV and Provence questions
- 14 Rome Accommodation
- 15 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 16 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 17 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 18 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 19 Italian Lakes gardens
- 20 London for Christmas
- 21 Garmisch, Nuremberg and Munich Nov trip
- 22 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 23 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 24 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 25 Taxi Availability from Bus Station