Just booked a cruise that starts in Venice for this coming June.
I would like to fly one week before the cruise in to Milan and take a train to the following areas and return on the last day to Venice via over night train to catch our cruise.
I would appreciate it very much if i get help planning the week, IN WHICH ORDER and HOW MANY DAYS IN EACH AREA please.
Lake Como, Cinque Terre and Portofino, possible Tuscany if time allows.
We are avid travellers and have travelled in other areas of Italy via train and rental car and have seen Tuscany too but only one day on a side trip from the cruiseline.
THank you in advance.
Need help planning a week visiting Lake Como, Cinque Terre& Portofino
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 2 4-6 weeks
- 3 Venice Banning Fodors
- 4 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 5 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 6 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 7 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 8 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 9 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 10 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 11 France, Italy and Greec
- 12 How to pay tolls in Portugal when there is no toll booth
- 13 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 14 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 17 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 18 Eiffel tower tickets
- 19 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 20 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 21 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 22 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 23 Rome---August and September
- 24 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 25 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague