Just booked a cruise that starts in Venice for this coming June.
I would like to fly one week before the cruise in to Milan and take a train to the following areas and return on the last day to Venice via over night train to catch our cruise.
I would appreciate it very much if i get help planning the week, IN WHICH ORDER and HOW MANY DAYS IN EACH AREA please.
Lake Como, Cinque Terre and Portofino, possible Tuscany if time allows.
We are avid travellers and have travelled in other areas of Italy via train and rental car and have seen Tuscany too but only one day on a side trip from the cruiseline.
THank you in advance.
Need help planning a week visiting Lake Como, Cinque Terre& Portofino
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 2 What still confounds you about travel?
- 3 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 4 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 5 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 6 Foie gras, redux
- 7 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 8 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 9 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 10 Train to Airport in Venice
- 11 Golfing in Ireland
- 12 Day trips from Seville
- 13 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 14 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 15 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 16 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 17 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 18 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 19 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 20 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 21 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 22 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 23 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 24 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 25 Airport to Piraeus