Just booked a cruise that starts in Venice for this coming June.
I would like to fly one week before the cruise in to Milan and take a train to the following areas and return on the last day to Venice via over night train to catch our cruise.
I would appreciate it very much if i get help planning the week, IN WHICH ORDER and HOW MANY DAYS IN EACH AREA please.
Lake Como, Cinque Terre and Portofino, possible Tuscany if time allows.
We are avid travellers and have travelled in other areas of Italy via train and rental car and have seen Tuscany too but only one day on a side trip from the cruiseline.
THank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Spain
- 2 9 Days in Spain
- 3 Iceland early december visit
- 4 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 5 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 8 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 9 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 10 Milan or Turin
- 11 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Barcelona alternative
- 14 Paris to Italy
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 19 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 20 Frankfurt to UK
- 21 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 22 God Save the Queen?
- 23 Road trip with our dog
- 24 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
Need help planning a week visiting Lake Como, Cinque Terre& Portofino