Just booked a cruise that starts in Venice for this coming June.
I would like to fly one week before the cruise in to Milan and take a train to the following areas and return on the last day to Venice via over night train to catch our cruise.
I would appreciate it very much if i get help planning the week, IN WHICH ORDER and HOW MANY DAYS IN EACH AREA please.
Lake Como, Cinque Terre and Portofino, possible Tuscany if time allows.
We are avid travellers and have travelled in other areas of Italy via train and rental car and have seen Tuscany too but only one day on a side trip from the cruiseline.
THank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 2 London with Teens Trip Report
- 3 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 4 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 5 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 6 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 7 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 8 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 9 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 10 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 11 Coordinating Transportation and Lodging near Leicester
- 12 Lake Como AREA questions
- 13 Berlin to ?
- 14 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 15 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 16 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 17 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 18 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
- 19 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 20 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 21 9 days UK itinerary help!
- 22 Greece
- 23 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 24 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 25 Spain - day driver advice
Need help planning a week visiting Lake Como, Cinque Terre& Portofino