Just booked a cruise that starts in Venice for this coming June.
I would like to fly one week before the cruise in to Milan and take a train to the following areas and return on the last day to Venice via over night train to catch our cruise.
I would appreciate it very much if i get help planning the week, IN WHICH ORDER and HOW MANY DAYS IN EACH AREA please.
Lake Como, Cinque Terre and Portofino, possible Tuscany if time allows.
We are avid travellers and have travelled in other areas of Italy via train and rental car and have seen Tuscany too but only one day on a side trip from the cruiseline.
THank you in advance.
Need help planning a week visiting Lake Como, Cinque Terre& Portofino
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 2 20 days in Germany
- 3 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 4 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 5 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 6 England and Scotland
- 7 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 8 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 9 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 10 Athens/Istanbul March
- 11 French open
- 12 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 13 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 14 Azores
- 15 Trains in Italy
- 16 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 17 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 18 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 19 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 20 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German
- 21 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 22 Air pollution in Paris
- 23 tulips in the Netherland
- 24 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 25 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?