Just booked a cruise that starts in Venice for this coming June.
I would like to fly one week before the cruise in to Milan and take a train to the following areas and return on the last day to Venice via over night train to catch our cruise.
I would appreciate it very much if i get help planning the week, IN WHICH ORDER and HOW MANY DAYS IN EACH AREA please.
Lake Como, Cinque Terre and Portofino, possible Tuscany if time allows.
We are avid travellers and have travelled in other areas of Italy via train and rental car and have seen Tuscany too but only one day on a side trip from the cruiseline.
THank you in advance.
Need help planning a week visiting Lake Como, Cinque Terre& Portofino
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sorrento Advice Please
- 2 Driving through Chianti on Halloween - where to stop for lunch?
- 3 Student Visa versus Residence Card
- 4 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 5 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 6 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 7 Mama Mia Italy!
- 8 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 9 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 10 Ireland or Scotland
- 11 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 12 Need help with itinerary
- 13 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights
- 14 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 15 Tickets for Buckingham palace, tower of London, London eye - online or not?
- 16 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 17 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 18 R&R in Paris and a little more in the south
- 19 La Sagrada Familia
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 21 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 22 Do I need train tix in advance
- 23 Help: Short visit to Crete
- 24 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 25 Schengen rule made easy