We are planning a trip to Provence/Cote d'Azur this coming March 23-April 19 (27 days). We are a family of six with teenage kids and youngest kid being 10 yrs old. They are pretty good travelers, having done Greece, Italy, France, Eastern Europe, China and other Asian countries in the past.
We were thinking of spending one week visiting the French Riviera and its hilltowns. So far we plan to drive from Cannes-Nice, Cap Ferrat, Monaco, Menton, St. Agnes, Roquebrune Cap Martin, Eze, Haut Cagnes, Biot, Antibes, Juan les Pins, Vallauris, Mougins, Grasse, Gourdon, Cipieres, Tourettes Sur Loup, Vence, St. Paul de Vence.
Then drive for another week into inland Provence: Aix-en Provence, Hilltowns of Haut Provence (Cadenet, Lourmarin, Bonnieux, Apt, Rousillion) Vaucluse (Gordes, Joucas, Senanque, Venasque, Crillon le Brave), L'isle la Sorgue, Orange, Avignon, Villenueve les Avignon, Saint Remy, Les Baux provence, Fontville, Arles, Nimes, Marseilles, Casis (Les Calanque).
Need inputs if one week for each segment is enough time to allot without having to feel rushed. For the perched villages and Hilltowns, which ones are a must see and which ones can be skipped? Is there a way to see several villages in one day? Which of the places mentioned above are a must see? Will we be spending too much time in the South of France? Any other countries worth including in the trip?
We are still deciding where to go for the remaining days we have (10 days, since we're thinking of taking it easy for the first 3 days before we start the drive. Our choices so far have been:
1) Carcassone and Lourdes
2) Italian Riviera such as Cinque Terre, Sestri Levanti and Portofino. Can these be accessed easily by train from Cannes or Nice? Will 2 days be enough for all of these?
Would appreciate any ideas or inputs. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 보독카지노⋞場「/ SSK68.COM /」場⋟보독카지노
- 2 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 3 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 4 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 5 Praiano
- 6 Rome-Itinerary
- 7 AVE Train Advice from Madrid to Barcelona
- 8 Our Itinerary for 25 Days in Portugal
- 9 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 10 Venice
- 11 Rome to venice
- 12 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 13 Gucci/Prada outlet near Florence
- 14 Spain or Portugal for a Beach Vacation?
- 15 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 16 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 17 14 days end to end London Heathrow
- 18 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 19 help with Italy itinerary
- 20 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 21 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 22 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 23 Chamonix to Paris
- 24 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 25 Good location for Paris apartment?