We will be traveling to Italy next summer starting around June 15th. We are hoping to have about 15 full days there + 3 days of travel time from west coast.
My early plan has about 6-7 days allocated for Tuscany area and 3-4 days for Rome. That means I have just 4-5 days for other places (but hopefully we will make another trip to Italy sometime in future).
We have two kids ages 6 and 10 - and they are happy travelers. They like wandering around in cities, little bit of museums, parks, small hikes, ocean....and just learning about different cultures. While we do want the trip to be kids friendly, we don't have hard limitations in terms of walking or activities.
What would you recommend for us? I am open to make changes to Tuscany and Rome part as well.
Also, I saw that Milan and Rome seem to be the best options for flying in/out. Should we add Milan to our itinerary just because of convenience and ticket prices?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 2 Flamenco in October
- 3 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 4 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 5 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 6 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 7 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 8 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 9 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 10 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 13 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 14 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 15 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 16 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 17 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 18 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 19 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 20 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 21 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 22 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 23 Questions about Polish sights
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 More earthquakes in central Italy