We've been to Ireland 12 long years ago. We loved what we were able to do then, but this time we want to drive ourselves for the most part.
We have tickets to fly in and out of Dublin. We are going 30 March through 17 April. We will spend the first four (or so) days of arrival in Dublin, seeing some things we saw before (Trinity) some things we didn't, and taking the DART to the seaside towns (haven't decided on which one). Maybe another day trip to Wicklow?
We'll then take the train to Cork and pick up a car there. We are hoping to book through homeaway or another type of service like that, to have a self catering set up. Stay in the Cork area for four days??? Is a day trip from there to Dingle realistic? We'll not be doing Blarney, nor the Ring of Kerry as those were done before (well, I didn't do Blarney, and I have no intention of doing it now!) and we don't really want to repeat too much from before.
We'd like to drive along the Wild Atlantic Way, heading north. Stopping and staying in Galway? Maybe Doolin as we can do a Cliffs of Moher walk? We'd thought of visiting the Aran Islands (well, one) and wondered about seeing the Cliffs of Moher from a place other than the toursity bit? Is there a ferry to an island that would provide that experience, or some other recommendation?
We'd like to get as far north as Sligo, and return the car there (yes, I know that's more costly than returning it to Cork). Then, take a train to Dublin, where we'd then take a train to Belfast and do a little tour (shudder, but we really don't want to miss the Giants Causeway) to the GC. There is an overnight tour that provides for a hotel in Belfast. Then, back to Dublin and fly home.
What we are having problems with is understanding how long we should stay in one place. I know that some of those self catering places require minimum nights for stays, so that is part of it.
So, please? Your thoughts, your expert recommendations, your help!!!
Thank you! KD
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 대만카지노／✬』》( AUG888.ze.am )《『✬＼슈퍼카지노
- 2 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 3 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 7 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 8 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 9 Ireland travel passport question
- 10 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 11 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 12 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 13 Italy
- 14 Revised itinerary for italy
- 15 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 16 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 17 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 18 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 19 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 20 Juangfrau / mt
- 21 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Switzerland