My husband and I are going to be in Rome in June. I have never been to Italy before and I'm reading a lot of confusing, contrasting things on which area is best to stay in. We are looking at Airb&b for a place to stay. There is a ton at reasonable prices but I need to make sure I am choosing the right area. We are looking for a place to stay that is close to all the touristy things, walking distance or a short bus or something. We want to stay in a neighborhood that is not all touristy. Where we can wake up and see cafes and markets opening and locals living their life. Although these names are foreign to me, I have been reading a lot and hearing people in forums and travel sites mention Trastevere, Campo de Fiori and Piazza Navonna. Btw, it will be my husband and I traveling, no kids and we are 35. Please help a novice! Thank you!!
Need help on where to stay in Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in Sicily
- 2 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 3 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 4 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 5 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 6 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 7 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 10 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 11 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 12 London neighborhood suggestions
- 13 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 14 Matisse at Tate
- 15 Best mobile operator/plan for Czech Republic + adjacent countries?
- 16 Paris 14th - Hotel Chaplain Rive Gauche, Hotel du Lion, Hotel Sophie Germain, Hotel le Nouvel Orleans
- 17 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 18 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 19 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 20 Ireland Southwest
- 21 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 22 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 23 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 24 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 25 Madrid and London