My husband and I are going to be in Rome in June. I have never been to Italy before and I'm reading a lot of confusing, contrasting things on which area is best to stay in. We are looking at Airb&b for a place to stay. There is a ton at reasonable prices but I need to make sure I am choosing the right area. We are looking for a place to stay that is close to all the touristy things, walking distance or a short bus or something. We want to stay in a neighborhood that is not all touristy. Where we can wake up and see cafes and markets opening and locals living their life. Although these names are foreign to me, I have been reading a lot and hearing people in forums and travel sites mention Trastevere, Campo de Fiori and Piazza Navonna. Btw, it will be my husband and I traveling, no kids and we are 35. Please help a novice! Thank you!!
Need help on where to stay in Rome
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 3 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 4 London for Christmas
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 To Paris and Provence in June
- 7 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 8 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 Euro Train
- 11 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 12 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 13 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 14 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 15 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 16 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 17 first european holiday itinery
- 18 7 days in Andalucia
- 19 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 20 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 21 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 22 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 23 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 24 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 25 A full week in The Netherlands