My husband and I are going to be in Rome in June. I have never been to Italy before and I'm reading a lot of confusing, contrasting things on which area is best to stay in. We are looking at Airb&b for a place to stay. There is a ton at reasonable prices but I need to make sure I am choosing the right area. We are looking for a place to stay that is close to all the touristy things, walking distance or a short bus or something. We want to stay in a neighborhood that is not all touristy. Where we can wake up and see cafes and markets opening and locals living their life. Although these names are foreign to me, I have been reading a lot and hearing people in forums and travel sites mention Trastevere, Campo de Fiori and Piazza Navonna. Btw, it will be my husband and I traveling, no kids and we are 35. Please help a novice! Thank you!!
Need help on where to stay in Rome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 2 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 3 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 4 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 5 Travel with Teens
- 6 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 7 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 10 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 11 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 12 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 13 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 14 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 15 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 16 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 17 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 18 Reims for a day
- 19 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 20 I think this is a scam!
- 21 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 22 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 23 Weather in Andalusia and Barcelona?
- 24 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 25 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt