We will be in Rome next month and want to go to the Umbria or Tuscany region for a long week-end in the countryside. We are looking for a good location (preferable accessible by train and 2hrs away or less) where there is lots to do nearby (wineries, shopping for pottery, restaurants, scenic views) and are considering renting a car just to get around that area. A villa or a castle stay would be nice. Any suggestions on the location or where to stay would be appreciated. We already have Orvieto and Tivoli on our itinerary as day trips from Rome. We are celebrating my husband's 70th birthday so we want something special but not too expensive!!!!
Need help on week-end away from Rome
- 1 culinary classes in Biarritz/San Sebastian
- 2 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 3 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 4 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 5 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 6 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 7 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 8 How Long For Santorini?
- 9 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 10 Car rental Italy
- 11 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 12 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 13 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 14 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 15 Prague Itinerary
- 16 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 17 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 18 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 19 London at Xmas
- 20 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 21 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 22 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 23 Zagreb, rental car and Slovenia
- 24 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 25 Northern Italy