I could really use some help here. We are a group of 7-9 who will spend a few days in Tuscany after our cruise, which ends in Civitavecchia, port for Rome, in November 2014.
We would like to take the train from the port to the town in which we will base for our visit.
We are open to going anywhere in Tuscany, as long as I can spend a day picking olives somewhere (on my bucket list!). Prefer relaxed sightseeing, and wine tasting
Prefer to fly home from Rome, as flights have fewer stops, and would like to be able to take the train back to the airport
Have resigned ourselves to needing car rental, but perhaps not for the entire visit ?
Possible to take the train to our destination city and pick up cars for a day or two for day trips?
Are we better off renting a house or staying in a B&B?
Any suggestions on which town we should base ourselves in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 2 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 3 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 4 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 5 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 6 Malta: baby food?
- 7 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 8 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 9 Shopping in Paris
- 10 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 11 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 12 2 London theatre recommendations
- 13 spanish winery region(s)
- 14 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 15 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 16 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 17 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 18 Need help for itineray for Paris, Monaco, Rome, Florence 12 -14 days
- 19 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 20 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 21 December in Deutschland
- 22 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 23 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 24 cash or plastic in Greece
- 25 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal