I could really use some help here. We are a group of 7-9 who will spend a few days in Tuscany after our cruise, which ends in Civitavecchia, port for Rome, in November 2014.
We would like to take the train from the port to the town in which we will base for our visit.
We are open to going anywhere in Tuscany, as long as I can spend a day picking olives somewhere (on my bucket list!). Prefer relaxed sightseeing, and wine tasting
Prefer to fly home from Rome, as flights have fewer stops, and would like to be able to take the train back to the airport
Have resigned ourselves to needing car rental, but perhaps not for the entire visit ?
Possible to take the train to our destination city and pick up cars for a day or two for day trips?
Are we better off renting a house or staying in a B&B?
Any suggestions on which town we should base ourselves in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 2 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 3 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 4 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 5 Food in Positano
- 6 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 7 Ireland hotel questions
- 8 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 9 Italy
- 10 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 11 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 12 3 weeks in Spain
- 13 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 14 Emergencies in Ireland
- 15 If you had to choose one......
- 16 How to Pick Up Vatican Tickets
- 17 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 18 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 19 Suggest Itinerary for 2 Nights in Lake District - Grasmere
- 20 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 21 Boat hire in Arcachon
- 22 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 23 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 24 Edinburgh to Skye
- 25 Railpass or point-to-point tickets