I could really use some help here. We are a group of 7-9 who will spend a few days in Tuscany after our cruise, which ends in Civitavecchia, port for Rome, in November 2014.
We would like to take the train from the port to the town in which we will base for our visit.
We are open to going anywhere in Tuscany, as long as I can spend a day picking olives somewhere (on my bucket list!). Prefer relaxed sightseeing, and wine tasting
Prefer to fly home from Rome, as flights have fewer stops, and would like to be able to take the train back to the airport
Have resigned ourselves to needing car rental, but perhaps not for the entire visit ?
Possible to take the train to our destination city and pick up cars for a day or two for day trips?
Are we better off renting a house or staying in a B&B?
Any suggestions on which town we should base ourselves in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 2 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 3 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 4 Bruges
- 5 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 6 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 7 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 8 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 9 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 10 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 11 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 12 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 13 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 14 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 15 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 16 Planning A trip
- 17 A week in the Occitanie
- 18 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 19 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 20 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 21 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 22 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 23 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 24 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 25 Train Through Spain