I could really use some help here. We are a group of 7-9 who will spend a few days in Tuscany after our cruise, which ends in Civitavecchia, port for Rome, in November 2014.
We would like to take the train from the port to the town in which we will base for our visit.
We are open to going anywhere in Tuscany, as long as I can spend a day picking olives somewhere (on my bucket list!). Prefer relaxed sightseeing, and wine tasting
Prefer to fly home from Rome, as flights have fewer stops, and would like to be able to take the train back to the airport
Have resigned ourselves to needing car rental, but perhaps not for the entire visit ?
Possible to take the train to our destination city and pick up cars for a day or two for day trips?
Are we better off renting a house or staying in a B&B?
Any suggestions on which town we should base ourselves in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 2 Visiting Spain in January
- 3 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 4 Portugal itinerary help
- 5 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 6 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 7 Europe in late January
- 8 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 9 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 10 English Countryside
- 11 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 12 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 13 Paris---baguette question???
- 14 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 15 French immersion courses in France
- 16 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 17 Scenic Driving Routes
- 18 Berlin
- 19 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 20 1-Day Drive: Ballyvaughan to Dublin, which of these 3 routes?
- 21 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 22 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 23 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 24 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 25 Flights from Croatia