I could really use some help here. We are a group of 7-9 who will spend a few days in Tuscany after our cruise, which ends in Civitavecchia, port for Rome, in November 2014.
We would like to take the train from the port to the town in which we will base for our visit.
We are open to going anywhere in Tuscany, as long as I can spend a day picking olives somewhere (on my bucket list!). Prefer relaxed sightseeing, and wine tasting
Prefer to fly home from Rome, as flights have fewer stops, and would like to be able to take the train back to the airport
Have resigned ourselves to needing car rental, but perhaps not for the entire visit ?
Possible to take the train to our destination city and pick up cars for a day or two for day trips?
Are we better off renting a house or staying in a B&B?
Any suggestions on which town we should base ourselves in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 2 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 3 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 4 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 5 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 6 Paris in November
- 7 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 Alhambra
- 10 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 11 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 12 Windsor Castle
- 13 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 14 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 15 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 16 Globus Iberian Tour
- 17 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Spain: train/rental car help
- 20 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 21 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 22 Private Guide in Lyon
- 23 Salzburg itinerary review
- 24 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 25 What's a must to buy in Paris?