I could really use some help here. We are a group of 7-9 who will spend a few days in Tuscany after our cruise, which ends in Civitavecchia, port for Rome, in November 2014.
We would like to take the train from the port to the town in which we will base for our visit.
We are open to going anywhere in Tuscany, as long as I can spend a day picking olives somewhere (on my bucket list!). Prefer relaxed sightseeing, and wine tasting
Prefer to fly home from Rome, as flights have fewer stops, and would like to be able to take the train back to the airport
Have resigned ourselves to needing car rental, but perhaps not for the entire visit ?
Possible to take the train to our destination city and pick up cars for a day or two for day trips?
Are we better off renting a house or staying in a B&B?
Any suggestions on which town we should base ourselves in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 5 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 6 10 days in Paris and......
- 7 Budapest & Prague
- 8 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 9 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 10 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 11 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 12 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 13 driving from ancona to rome
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 16 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 17 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 18 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 19 Car Hire in Croatia, any recommendations?
- 20 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 21 Itinerary Help - ?Prague, Austria, Italy
- 22 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 Athens
- 25 Please critique my itinerary in Italy