I could really use some help here. We are a group of 7-9 who will spend a few days in Tuscany after our cruise, which ends in Civitavecchia, port for Rome, in November 2014.
We would like to take the train from the port to the town in which we will base for our visit.
We are open to going anywhere in Tuscany, as long as I can spend a day picking olives somewhere (on my bucket list!). Prefer relaxed sightseeing, and wine tasting
Prefer to fly home from Rome, as flights have fewer stops, and would like to be able to take the train back to the airport
Have resigned ourselves to needing car rental, but perhaps not for the entire visit ?
Possible to take the train to our destination city and pick up cars for a day or two for day trips?
Are we better off renting a house or staying in a B&B?
Any suggestions on which town we should base ourselves in?
Need help in planning 4 days in Tuscany post -cruise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scottish Passport
- 2 Voltage in UK and France
- 3 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 4 Eleanor's Pages
- 5 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 6 Europe in winter
- 7 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 8 Barcelona free tours??
- 9 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 10 Can you help me make calls in Italy?
- 11 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 12 Budapest Parliament Tickets Online
- 13 Viator.com in Turkey
- 14 Non-drinking night activities in Barcelona?
- 15 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 16 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 17 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 18 Italy tours
- 19 Air France strike
- 20 Madrid has much less to offer than Barcelona...
- 21 Advance Train Tickets for England - Buying By Phone from U.S.?
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 24 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 25 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s