I could really use some help here. We are a group of 7-9 who will spend a few days in Tuscany after our cruise, which ends in Civitavecchia, port for Rome, in November 2014.
We would like to take the train from the port to the town in which we will base for our visit.
We are open to going anywhere in Tuscany, as long as I can spend a day picking olives somewhere (on my bucket list!). Prefer relaxed sightseeing, and wine tasting
Prefer to fly home from Rome, as flights have fewer stops, and would like to be able to take the train back to the airport
Have resigned ourselves to needing car rental, but perhaps not for the entire visit ?
Possible to take the train to our destination city and pick up cars for a day or two for day trips?
Are we better off renting a house or staying in a B&B?
Any suggestions on which town we should base ourselves in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 2 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 3 Where to go in March??
- 4 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 5 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 6 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 7 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 8 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 9 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 10 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 11 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 12 please revew provence agenda
- 13 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 14 Self-Drive: Dublin to Shannon, or Belfast to Dublin
- 15 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 16 Age limitation for car rental
- 17 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 18 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 19 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 20 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 21 Another strike in France : 3-5 june, airports
- 22 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 23 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 24 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
- 25 When and how to book for a trip?