I could really use some help here. We are a group of 7-9 who will spend a few days in Tuscany after our cruise, which ends in Civitavecchia, port for Rome, in November 2014.
We would like to take the train from the port to the town in which we will base for our visit.
We are open to going anywhere in Tuscany, as long as I can spend a day picking olives somewhere (on my bucket list!). Prefer relaxed sightseeing, and wine tasting
Prefer to fly home from Rome, as flights have fewer stops, and would like to be able to take the train back to the airport
Have resigned ourselves to needing car rental, but perhaps not for the entire visit ?
Possible to take the train to our destination city and pick up cars for a day or two for day trips?
Are we better off renting a house or staying in a B&B?
Any suggestions on which town we should base ourselves in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 2 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 3 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 4 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 5 Flying from Porto to Barcelona
- 6 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 7 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 8 Hotel advice
- 9 Tour or independent
- 10 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 11 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 12 Budir, Iceland
- 13 River Boat Cruise
- 14 where to stay in Malta
- 15 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 16 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 17 London with kids
- 18 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 19 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 20 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 21 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 22 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 23 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 24 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 25 Public Transport information App/Website