I could really use some help here. We are a group of 7-9 who will spend a few days in Tuscany after our cruise, which ends in Civitavecchia, port for Rome, in November 2014.
We would like to take the train from the port to the town in which we will base for our visit.
We are open to going anywhere in Tuscany, as long as I can spend a day picking olives somewhere (on my bucket list!). Prefer relaxed sightseeing, and wine tasting
Prefer to fly home from Rome, as flights have fewer stops, and would like to be able to take the train back to the airport
Have resigned ourselves to needing car rental, but perhaps not for the entire visit ?
Possible to take the train to our destination city and pick up cars for a day or two for day trips?
Are we better off renting a house or staying in a B&B?
Any suggestions on which town we should base ourselves in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 2 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 3 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 4 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 5 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 6 Venice
- 7 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 8 London 2For1 question
- 9 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 10 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 11 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 13 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 14 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 15 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 16 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 17 Porto and vicinity
- 18 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 19 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 20 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 21 Norway fjord
- 22 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 23 7 days in Greece
- 24 Italy
- 25 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy