I could really use some help here. We are a group of 7-9 who will spend a few days in Tuscany after our cruise, which ends in Civitavecchia, port for Rome, in November 2014.
We would like to take the train from the port to the town in which we will base for our visit.
We are open to going anywhere in Tuscany, as long as I can spend a day picking olives somewhere (on my bucket list!). Prefer relaxed sightseeing, and wine tasting
Prefer to fly home from Rome, as flights have fewer stops, and would like to be able to take the train back to the airport
Have resigned ourselves to needing car rental, but perhaps not for the entire visit ?
Possible to take the train to our destination city and pick up cars for a day or two for day trips?
Are we better off renting a house or staying in a B&B?
Any suggestions on which town we should base ourselves in?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish food - not that special?
- 2 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 5 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 6 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 7 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 8 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 11 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 12 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 13 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 14 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 15 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 16 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 17 Chania
- 18 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 19 Car rental in Santorini port
- 20 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 21 Renting a car in Greece
- 22 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 23 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 24 renting a car in greece
- 25 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights