Good Day All,
We are trying to plan a one month trip for next summer (July/August) and can't decide between a number of destinations/options.
The options are (trying to choose one):
1. The Baltic region: visiting three capitals starting from either Tallinn or Vilnius. The issue here is that there are no direct flights from Dubai to either cities, and so, we must take Finnair to Helsinki and go to Tallinn from there.
2. Poland: Spend the whole vacation between Warsaw - Olsztyn - Gdansk - Wroclaw - Krakow - Zakopane. The issue in this option if traveling between the cities which, due to the large number of cities, seems to be impractical.
3. Slovenia: Again, spend the whole vacation there between Ljubljana - Bled and the Julian Alps. No direct flights from Dubai, and so, will have to take a flight to the nearest point which in this case is Venice (and take a bus from Marco Polo Airport to Ljubljana).
4. Czech and Hungary (been to both before): revisit both countries and divide the time between Prague-Karlovy Vary - Budapest. I always prefer to discover new destinations yet I find the beauty of these three cities worth considering this trip as a valid option.
Our main concerns are weather (not too much heat), beauty of the cities, ease of traveling between cities and safety.
Would someone help me figure out which of the above options to choose and why. I don't have any preference, yet it is important to note that I have been to the cities in option no.4 and loved Prague, Karlovy Vary and Budapest. Also, we would very much like to stick to the above options only as we are solely interested in Central and Eastern Europe.
Truly appreciate your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 2 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 3 Shorts in South of France?
- 4 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 5 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 6 Greece mainland and islands
- 7 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 8 Lyon france-- rental car
- 9 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 10 Switzerland in September
- 11 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 12 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 13 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 14 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 15 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 16 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 17 milano trip
- 18 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 21 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 22 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 23 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 24 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 25 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
Good Day All,