Good Day All,
We are trying to plan a one month trip for next summer (July/August) and can't decide between a number of destinations/options.
The options are (trying to choose one):
1. The Baltic region: visiting three capitals starting from either Tallinn or Vilnius. The issue here is that there are no direct flights from Dubai to either cities, and so, we must take Finnair to Helsinki and go to Tallinn from there.
2. Poland: Spend the whole vacation between Warsaw - Olsztyn - Gdansk - Wroclaw - Krakow - Zakopane. The issue in this option if traveling between the cities which, due to the large number of cities, seems to be impractical.
3. Slovenia: Again, spend the whole vacation there between Ljubljana - Bled and the Julian Alps. No direct flights from Dubai, and so, will have to take a flight to the nearest point which in this case is Venice (and take a bus from Marco Polo Airport to Ljubljana).
4. Czech and Hungary (been to both before): revisit both countries and divide the time between Prague-Karlovy Vary - Budapest. I always prefer to discover new destinations yet I find the beauty of these three cities worth considering this trip as a valid option.
Our main concerns are weather (not too much heat), beauty of the cities, ease of traveling between cities and safety.
Would someone help me figure out which of the above options to choose and why. I don't have any preference, yet it is important to note that I have been to the cities in option no.4 and loved Prague, Karlovy Vary and Budapest. Also, we would very much like to stick to the above options only as we are solely interested in Central and Eastern Europe.
Truly appreciate your help
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation
- 2 Villas to rent in Ibiza
- 3 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 4 First time in London
- 5 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 6 Audio Walking Tour in London
- 7 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 8 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 9 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 10 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 11 No Periods in British Written English!
- 12 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 13 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 14 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 15 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 16 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 17 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 18 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 19 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 20 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 21 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 22 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 23 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 24 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 25 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
Good Day All,