I will be taking a group of 15-20 students to Amsterdam in 2013 and would appreciate a couple of suggestions from those who know the city a bit better than I.
We will arrive by air and will probably opt for a car service to the hotel because of luggage issues and concern about losing a few jet-lagged kids. Does anyone know of a reliable service that will meet us at baggage claim? The second request is for a clean and safe hotel within easy walking distance of the Central Station as we will depart for Berlin by train. Our budget is about 150 Euros per night for triple rooms, so really 50 Euros per student in shared rooms. (We will not be traveling in high season.)
Though I'm not yet ready to reserve, I must price all elements of the trip before it goes up for approval. Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car rental insurance woes
- 2 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 3 Edinburgh and Scotland experts—comments on itinerary (beta version!)
- 4 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 5 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 6 Road tripping: Isle of Skye to London
- 7 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 8 5 day home base between Venice and Florence with Teenage boys?
- 9 12 Days in Italy
- 10 Paris recommendations?
- 11 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 12 Help with Basque Country in Spain and France
- 13 Help with itinerary in Southern Italy in Maye
- 14 Pera palace hotel Istanbul
- 15 Amalfi and Tuscany for 20th anniversary trip
- 16 Umbria and Piedmont
- 17 Norway Fjords
- 18 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 19 Iceland or the Nordic countries in May with children ?
- 20 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 21 Car and Driver in Italy
- 22 Le Marche Research Help
- 23 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 24 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 25 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report