I have a last minute business trip to Geneva in a couple of weeks and need some advice. It's a relatively short trip, but neither my husband nor I have been to Switzerland, so he's coming along with me and we're tacking on a couple of extra days.
We'll have a couple of days in Geneva, but would also like to have an overnight trip outside of the city. My current sights are set on renting a car and staying in Gruyere, and I was hoping for some advice.
First, would you support Gruyere as an excursion - we'll have 1-2 nights there - or are there other locales I should be strongly considering.
Second, any recommendations for hotels in or around Gruyere? Restaurant recommendations there or in Geneva would also be welcomed. Thanks so much, and I look forward to your responses!
Need help for short trip to Geneva, Gruyere
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 2 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 3 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 4 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 5 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 6 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 7 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 8 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 9 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 10 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 11 Schengen Visa Rules
- 12 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 13 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 14 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 15 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 16 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 17 Is my plan ok
- 18 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 19 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 20 5 Observations About Paris
- 21 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 22 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 23 Southern Spain
- 24 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 25 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?