I have a last minute business trip to Geneva in a couple of weeks and need some advice. It's a relatively short trip, but neither my husband nor I have been to Switzerland, so he's coming along with me and we're tacking on a couple of extra days.
We'll have a couple of days in Geneva, but would also like to have an overnight trip outside of the city. My current sights are set on renting a car and staying in Gruyere, and I was hoping for some advice.
First, would you support Gruyere as an excursion - we'll have 1-2 nights there - or are there other locales I should be strongly considering.
Second, any recommendations for hotels in or around Gruyere? Restaurant recommendations there or in Geneva would also be welcomed. Thanks so much, and I look forward to your responses!
Need help for short trip to Geneva, Gruyere
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 2 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 3 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 4 Italy Spending Budget
- 5 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 6 London hotel tax is 20%
- 7 Seeking recommendations for Greece itinerary
- 8 How to Use a Transilien Train from Paris in Ile de France?
- 9 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 10 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 11 Various Cities to Travel in May 2015
- 12 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 13 Ireland and Scotland : 2014 Trip Report
- 14 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 15 Travel during Ferragosto?
- 16 Brussels in 2 days
- 17 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 18 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 19 Biel/Bienne Experts
- 20 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 21 Ireland or Scotland
- 22 Nice to the luberons
- 23 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 24 Cotswolds first time
- 25 Brescia, Italy - Agriturismo needed or?