I have a last minute business trip to Geneva in a couple of weeks and need some advice. It's a relatively short trip, but neither my husband nor I have been to Switzerland, so he's coming along with me and we're tacking on a couple of extra days.
We'll have a couple of days in Geneva, but would also like to have an overnight trip outside of the city. My current sights are set on renting a car and staying in Gruyere, and I was hoping for some advice.
First, would you support Gruyere as an excursion - we'll have 1-2 nights there - or are there other locales I should be strongly considering.
Second, any recommendations for hotels in or around Gruyere? Restaurant recommendations there or in Geneva would also be welcomed. Thanks so much, and I look forward to your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 2 Murren to Prague
- 3 What tips can you give about packing?
- 4 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 5 One night in Rome
- 6 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 7 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 8 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 9 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 10 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 11 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 12 How the kids age calculated
- 13 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 14 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 15 Scotland Trip Report
- 16 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 17 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 18 Cordoba Overnight?
- 19 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 20 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 21 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 22 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 23 Firt time VISA applicant
- 24 Uffizi Phone Number
- 25 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)