I have a last minute business trip to Geneva in a couple of weeks and need some advice. It's a relatively short trip, but neither my husband nor I have been to Switzerland, so he's coming along with me and we're tacking on a couple of extra days.
We'll have a couple of days in Geneva, but would also like to have an overnight trip outside of the city. My current sights are set on renting a car and staying in Gruyere, and I was hoping for some advice.
First, would you support Gruyere as an excursion - we'll have 1-2 nights there - or are there other locales I should be strongly considering.
Second, any recommendations for hotels in or around Gruyere? Restaurant recommendations there or in Geneva would also be welcomed. Thanks so much, and I look forward to your responses!
Need help for short trip to Geneva, Gruyere
- 1 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 2 Greek islands from Turkey
- 3 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 4 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 5 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 6 Rome Accommodation
- 7 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 8 rent car / Munich
- 9 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 10 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 11 Italian Lakes gardens
- 12 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 13 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 14 Chambermaid tipping
- 15 TGV and Provence questions
- 16 Novels set in Greece
- 17 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 21 More help with housing in Puglia
- 22 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 23 Euro Train
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 Weekend in Lake Bled?