I have a last minute business trip to Geneva in a couple of weeks and need some advice. It's a relatively short trip, but neither my husband nor I have been to Switzerland, so he's coming along with me and we're tacking on a couple of extra days.
We'll have a couple of days in Geneva, but would also like to have an overnight trip outside of the city. My current sights are set on renting a car and staying in Gruyere, and I was hoping for some advice.
First, would you support Gruyere as an excursion - we'll have 1-2 nights there - or are there other locales I should be strongly considering.
Second, any recommendations for hotels in or around Gruyere? Restaurant recommendations there or in Geneva would also be welcomed. Thanks so much, and I look forward to your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 2 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 3 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 4 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 5 Hilton CPH no loner
- 6 Cornwall UK
- 7 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 8 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 9 French Wedding
- 10 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 11 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 12 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 13 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 14 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 15 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 16 I may be wrong....
- 17 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 18 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 19 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 20 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 21 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 22 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 23 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 24 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 25 Photo tours in Amsterdam