I have a last minute business trip to Geneva in a couple of weeks and need some advice. It's a relatively short trip, but neither my husband nor I have been to Switzerland, so he's coming along with me and we're tacking on a couple of extra days.
We'll have a couple of days in Geneva, but would also like to have an overnight trip outside of the city. My current sights are set on renting a car and staying in Gruyere, and I was hoping for some advice.
First, would you support Gruyere as an excursion - we'll have 1-2 nights there - or are there other locales I should be strongly considering.
Second, any recommendations for hotels in or around Gruyere? Restaurant recommendations there or in Geneva would also be welcomed. Thanks so much, and I look forward to your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 2 Perugia
- 3 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 4 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 5 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 6 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 7 Areas in Milan
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 10 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 11 Ireland itinerary help please
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 14 CDG much improved
- 15 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 16 St Denis Cathedral
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?
- 19 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 22 Rouen Tour Companies
- 23 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 24 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 25 Ronda Wine/biking