I have a last minute business trip to Geneva in a couple of weeks and need some advice. It's a relatively short trip, but neither my husband nor I have been to Switzerland, so he's coming along with me and we're tacking on a couple of extra days.
We'll have a couple of days in Geneva, but would also like to have an overnight trip outside of the city. My current sights are set on renting a car and staying in Gruyere, and I was hoping for some advice.
First, would you support Gruyere as an excursion - we'll have 1-2 nights there - or are there other locales I should be strongly considering.
Second, any recommendations for hotels in or around Gruyere? Restaurant recommendations there or in Geneva would also be welcomed. Thanks so much, and I look forward to your responses!
Need help for short trip to Geneva, Gruyere
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 2 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 3 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 4 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 5 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 6 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 7 Porto -City Break
- 8 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 9 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 10 Prague - Tram #22
- 11 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 12 7 days in Greece
- 13 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 14 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 15 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 16 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 17 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 18 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 19 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 20 nearby cities to london
- 21 London hotel
- 22 A drive in Europe
- 23 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 24 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 25 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan