I have a last minute business trip to Geneva in a couple of weeks and need some advice. It's a relatively short trip, but neither my husband nor I have been to Switzerland, so he's coming along with me and we're tacking on a couple of extra days.
We'll have a couple of days in Geneva, but would also like to have an overnight trip outside of the city. My current sights are set on renting a car and staying in Gruyere, and I was hoping for some advice.
First, would you support Gruyere as an excursion - we'll have 1-2 nights there - or are there other locales I should be strongly considering.
Second, any recommendations for hotels in or around Gruyere? Restaurant recommendations there or in Geneva would also be welcomed. Thanks so much, and I look forward to your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 2 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 3 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 4 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 5 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 6 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 7 solo guy traveling to europe help please
- 8 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 9 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 10 When to Visit Scotland
- 11 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 12 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 English Countryside
- 15 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 16 Paris Shuttle Service - AVOID!!!!
- 17 Trains in Alps and UK
- 18 CDG airport and connection time
- 19 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 San Sebastian
- 22 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 23 car for four adults and four bikes
- 24 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 25 Barcelona cooking classes