I have a last minute business trip to Geneva in a couple of weeks and need some advice. It's a relatively short trip, but neither my husband nor I have been to Switzerland, so he's coming along with me and we're tacking on a couple of extra days.
We'll have a couple of days in Geneva, but would also like to have an overnight trip outside of the city. My current sights are set on renting a car and staying in Gruyere, and I was hoping for some advice.
First, would you support Gruyere as an excursion - we'll have 1-2 nights there - or are there other locales I should be strongly considering.
Second, any recommendations for hotels in or around Gruyere? Restaurant recommendations there or in Geneva would also be welcomed. Thanks so much, and I look forward to your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP@ Printer Set-up CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 Technical SUPP0RT CAre 24x7
- 2 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 3 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 4 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 7 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 8 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 9 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 10 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 11 Maximizing Norway time
- 12 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 13 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 14 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 15 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 16 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 17 Hiking in Switzerland
- 18 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 19 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 20 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 21 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 22 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 23 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy