I have a last minute business trip to Geneva in a couple of weeks and need some advice. It's a relatively short trip, but neither my husband nor I have been to Switzerland, so he's coming along with me and we're tacking on a couple of extra days.
We'll have a couple of days in Geneva, but would also like to have an overnight trip outside of the city. My current sights are set on renting a car and staying in Gruyere, and I was hoping for some advice.
First, would you support Gruyere as an excursion - we'll have 1-2 nights there - or are there other locales I should be strongly considering.
Second, any recommendations for hotels in or around Gruyere? Restaurant recommendations there or in Geneva would also be welcomed. Thanks so much, and I look forward to your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 6 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 7 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 8 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 9 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 magnified mirror
- 12 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 13 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 14 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 15 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 16 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 17 Driving through Paris
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 San Sebastián
- 20 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 21 italy Cinque Terre
- 22 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 23 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 24 Can parking
- 25 Venice to Zermatt by Train