I have a last minute business trip to Geneva in a couple of weeks and need some advice. It's a relatively short trip, but neither my husband nor I have been to Switzerland, so he's coming along with me and we're tacking on a couple of extra days.
We'll have a couple of days in Geneva, but would also like to have an overnight trip outside of the city. My current sights are set on renting a car and staying in Gruyere, and I was hoping for some advice.
First, would you support Gruyere as an excursion - we'll have 1-2 nights there - or are there other locales I should be strongly considering.
Second, any recommendations for hotels in or around Gruyere? Restaurant recommendations there or in Geneva would also be welcomed. Thanks so much, and I look forward to your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 2 fear of driving in rome!
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Trains France/Switzerland
- 5 European Championship
- 6 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 7 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 8 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 9 Italy trains question
- 10 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 11 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 12 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 13 One in Paris ... help
- 14 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 15 Three days in Istanbul in August
- 16 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 17 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 18 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 19 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 20 Drive from Vejer to Granada
- 21 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 22 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 23 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 24 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 25 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure