I have a last minute business trip to Geneva in a couple of weeks and need some advice. It's a relatively short trip, but neither my husband nor I have been to Switzerland, so he's coming along with me and we're tacking on a couple of extra days.
We'll have a couple of days in Geneva, but would also like to have an overnight trip outside of the city. My current sights are set on renting a car and staying in Gruyere, and I was hoping for some advice.
First, would you support Gruyere as an excursion - we'll have 1-2 nights there - or are there other locales I should be strongly considering.
Second, any recommendations for hotels in or around Gruyere? Restaurant recommendations there or in Geneva would also be welcomed. Thanks so much, and I look forward to your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day River trips from Porto
- 2 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 3 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 4 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 5 It would appear that there are a considerable amount
- 6 London with kids
- 7 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 8 First Time Europe Trip
- 9 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 10 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 11 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 12 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 13 Lon term Car Hire Guide for Italy
- 14 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 15 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 16 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 17 Public Transport information App/Website
- 18 Spain, Madrid, 2 nights w/car
- 19 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 20 Luxury Apartment Rentals in Rome
- 21 Tenerife - Best attractions
- 22 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 23 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 24 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 25 Reading Recommendations Spain