I have a last minute business trip to Geneva in a couple of weeks and need some advice. It's a relatively short trip, but neither my husband nor I have been to Switzerland, so he's coming along with me and we're tacking on a couple of extra days.
We'll have a couple of days in Geneva, but would also like to have an overnight trip outside of the city. My current sights are set on renting a car and staying in Gruyere, and I was hoping for some advice.
First, would you support Gruyere as an excursion - we'll have 1-2 nights there - or are there other locales I should be strongly considering.
Second, any recommendations for hotels in or around Gruyere? Restaurant recommendations there or in Geneva would also be welcomed. Thanks so much, and I look forward to your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway accessories and must have
- 2 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 3 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 4 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 5 England and Wales by public transport
- 6 Norway holiday locations
- 7 When to go to Norway for a ski trip?
- 8 Our European adventures
- 9 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 10 Munich restaurant recs
- 11 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 12 Bordeaux TRIP
- 13 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 14 Wearing The Hijab in Slovenia???
- 15 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 16 20 free days of Europe
- 17 Greece in 15 Days
- 18 Adaptors for Belgium
- 19 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 20 Walking Scotland
- 21 Home base for a month in France?
- 22 Train Ticket Help
- 23 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 24 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 25 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall