Fodorites, I need your help fine-tuning our trip to Provence! After much consideration, we have decided to save the Dordogne for another trip and will visit Paris and Provence for a 2 week vacation (2 couples) in France in mid-June. We will stay in Paris for 6 nights in an apartment (Marais Village 2 bedroom www.cecile-apartments.com). We will then take the train to Avignon where we will rent a car and stay for one week. After reading Stu Dudley's Provence itinerary, we have decided to stay the first 4 nights in the Luberon area. Le Mas Perreal, which many of you had recommended, had no availability and they suggested Le Mas Jorel in their area (www.lemasjorel.com) which we have booked. We like the idea of 2 locations in Provence; we have done this with previous trips to Umbria and Tuscany and it has worked well. For the next 3 nights we have considered St. Remy. After staying in the countryside for the first part of Provence, we thought it would be nice to stay where we could walk to dinner and enjoy wine without having to worry about driving. So far the accomodations have been unavailable (Mas des Carassins), too expensive, or not in the town proper. We would like to limit the cost to no more than 300 Euros for 2 rooms or a 2 bedroom suite. Le Mas des Tourterelles (masdestourterelles.com) is a 5 or 10 minute walk to the town center, is available and in our price range, and is an option. Do any of you have any other suggestions in St. Remy or in any of the other towns and villages in the general area of Arles and Avignon? Also, do you have any restaurant suggestions in any of these two areas? Any off-the-beat or "can't miss" suggestions for travelers that like beautiful vistas, good food and wine, and slow paced travel? Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Need help fine-tuning trip to Provence!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 2 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 3 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 4 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 5 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 6 Planning a week in London
- 7 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 8 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...
- 9 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 10 Barcelona and Road Trip to Southern France
- 11 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 12 When to buy train tickets to Budapest and Prague from Vienna
- 13 Day on the Rhine
- 14 Please help me give good travel advice
- 15 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 16 Portugal with children
- 17 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 18 Stopover in Tudela?
- 19 Travel throught Europe
- 20 Car Rentals in Athens
- 21 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 22 5 minutes to switch in Basel train station
- 23 Croatia hotel and itinerary help (8 days, 7 nights in Sep)
- 24 driving day trip to la rioja from San Sebastian- winery / lunchcstops
- 25 From Sarajevo to Belgrade ?