Fodorites, I need your help fine-tuning our trip to Provence! After much consideration, we have decided to save the Dordogne for another trip and will visit Paris and Provence for a 2 week vacation (2 couples) in France in mid-June. We will stay in Paris for 6 nights in an apartment (Marais Village 2 bedroom www.cecile-apartments.com). We will then take the train to Avignon where we will rent a car and stay for one week. After reading Stu Dudley's Provence itinerary, we have decided to stay the first 4 nights in the Luberon area. Le Mas Perreal, which many of you had recommended, had no availability and they suggested Le Mas Jorel in their area (www.lemasjorel.com) which we have booked. We like the idea of 2 locations in Provence; we have done this with previous trips to Umbria and Tuscany and it has worked well. For the next 3 nights we have considered St. Remy. After staying in the countryside for the first part of Provence, we thought it would be nice to stay where we could walk to dinner and enjoy wine without having to worry about driving. So far the accomodations have been unavailable (Mas des Carassins), too expensive, or not in the town proper. We would like to limit the cost to no more than 300 Euros for 2 rooms or a 2 bedroom suite. Le Mas des Tourterelles (masdestourterelles.com) is a 5 or 10 minute walk to the town center, is available and in our price range, and is an option. Do any of you have any other suggestions in St. Remy or in any of the other towns and villages in the general area of Arles and Avignon? Also, do you have any restaurant suggestions in any of these two areas? Any off-the-beat or "can't miss" suggestions for travelers that like beautiful vistas, good food and wine, and slow paced travel? Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Need help fine-tuning trip to Provence!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Monterosso to Padua
- 2 Help re: Driving from Venice Airport to Kobarid, Slovenia
- 3 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 4 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 5 Is there immigration/customs check between Edinburgh and London?
- 6 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 7 Paris Perfect Soap
- 8 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 9 Train tickets within Italy
- 10 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 11 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 12 What Happened to My Hairdryer? - An Electrical Question
- 13 My poppy arrived today!
- 14 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 15 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 16 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 17 Spain Student Visa - Schengen re-entry + later arrival
- 18 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 19 Euro Quiz # 82 - Wednesday 4-1-15
- 20 itinerary help needed - Mediterranean Turkey / Turquoise Coast
- 21 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 22 Southwestern England
- 23 Requesting help with Spain Itin - Couple with 12 YO
- 24 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 25 Central European train travel