Fodorites, I need your help fine-tuning our trip to Provence! After much consideration, we have decided to save the Dordogne for another trip and will visit Paris and Provence for a 2 week vacation (2 couples) in France in mid-June. We will stay in Paris for 6 nights in an apartment (Marais Village 2 bedroom www.cecile-apartments.com). We will then take the train to Avignon where we will rent a car and stay for one week. After reading Stu Dudley's Provence itinerary, we have decided to stay the first 4 nights in the Luberon area. Le Mas Perreal, which many of you had recommended, had no availability and they suggested Le Mas Jorel in their area (www.lemasjorel.com) which we have booked. We like the idea of 2 locations in Provence; we have done this with previous trips to Umbria and Tuscany and it has worked well. For the next 3 nights we have considered St. Remy. After staying in the countryside for the first part of Provence, we thought it would be nice to stay where we could walk to dinner and enjoy wine without having to worry about driving. So far the accomodations have been unavailable (Mas des Carassins), too expensive, or not in the town proper. We would like to limit the cost to no more than 300 Euros for 2 rooms or a 2 bedroom suite. Le Mas des Tourterelles (masdestourterelles.com) is a 5 or 10 minute walk to the town center, is available and in our price range, and is an option. Do any of you have any other suggestions in St. Remy or in any of the other towns and villages in the general area of Arles and Avignon? Also, do you have any restaurant suggestions in any of these two areas? Any off-the-beat or "can't miss" suggestions for travelers that like beautiful vistas, good food and wine, and slow paced travel? Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Need help fine-tuning trip to Provence!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 About cars in Austria
- 2 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 Spain in November
- 5 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 6 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?
- 7 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 8 Italy - unusually so
- 9 December trip to Germany & Switzerland - Ingo are you out there?
- 10 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 11 Europe in December for 10 days
- 12 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 13 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 14 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 15 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 16 England/EPL family vacation
- 17 4 Months in Europe
- 18 Never To Return
- 19 Tipping in the UK
- 20 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 21 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 22 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 23 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 24 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 25 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?