Fodorites, I need your help fine-tuning our trip to Provence! After much consideration, we have decided to save the Dordogne for another trip and will visit Paris and Provence for a 2 week vacation (2 couples) in France in mid-June. We will stay in Paris for 6 nights in an apartment (Marais Village 2 bedroom www.cecile-apartments.com). We will then take the train to Avignon where we will rent a car and stay for one week. After reading Stu Dudley's Provence itinerary, we have decided to stay the first 4 nights in the Luberon area. Le Mas Perreal, which many of you had recommended, had no availability and they suggested Le Mas Jorel in their area (www.lemasjorel.com) which we have booked. We like the idea of 2 locations in Provence; we have done this with previous trips to Umbria and Tuscany and it has worked well. For the next 3 nights we have considered St. Remy. After staying in the countryside for the first part of Provence, we thought it would be nice to stay where we could walk to dinner and enjoy wine without having to worry about driving. So far the accomodations have been unavailable (Mas des Carassins), too expensive, or not in the town proper. We would like to limit the cost to no more than 300 Euros for 2 rooms or a 2 bedroom suite. Le Mas des Tourterelles (masdestourterelles.com) is a 5 or 10 minute walk to the town center, is available and in our price range, and is an option. Do any of you have any other suggestions in St. Remy or in any of the other towns and villages in the general area of Arles and Avignon? Also, do you have any restaurant suggestions in any of these two areas? Any off-the-beat or "can't miss" suggestions for travelers that like beautiful vistas, good food and wine, and slow paced travel? Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Need help fine-tuning trip to Provence!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NZ Passport validity
- 2 Border controls at Frankfurt for NZers
- 3 Uk visa processing time
- 4 Uk visa
- 5 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 6 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 7 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 8 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 9 22" or 24" for Europe trains?
- 10 Paris Street Market Selling Soaps from Provence
- 11 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 12 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 13 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 14 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 15 Porto to Salamanca
- 16 Trip to Italy
- 17 Classical Music Concert in Vienna
- 18 Copenhagen hotel
- 19 scotland trave;
- 20 Mediterranean Vacation - Transportation
- 21 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 22 Rental car and Portugal toll charges
- 23 If you had a do-over @ Hampton Court Palace..
- 24 Please help me plan my trip!
- 25 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)