Fodorites, I need your help fine-tuning our trip to Provence! After much consideration, we have decided to save the Dordogne for another trip and will visit Paris and Provence for a 2 week vacation (2 couples) in France in mid-June. We will stay in Paris for 6 nights in an apartment (Marais Village 2 bedroom www.cecile-apartments.com). We will then take the train to Avignon where we will rent a car and stay for one week. After reading Stu Dudley's Provence itinerary, we have decided to stay the first 4 nights in the Luberon area. Le Mas Perreal, which many of you had recommended, had no availability and they suggested Le Mas Jorel in their area (www.lemasjorel.com) which we have booked. We like the idea of 2 locations in Provence; we have done this with previous trips to Umbria and Tuscany and it has worked well. For the next 3 nights we have considered St. Remy. After staying in the countryside for the first part of Provence, we thought it would be nice to stay where we could walk to dinner and enjoy wine without having to worry about driving. So far the accomodations have been unavailable (Mas des Carassins), too expensive, or not in the town proper. We would like to limit the cost to no more than 300 Euros for 2 rooms or a 2 bedroom suite. Le Mas des Tourterelles (masdestourterelles.com) is a 5 or 10 minute walk to the town center, is available and in our price range, and is an option. Do any of you have any other suggestions in St. Remy or in any of the other towns and villages in the general area of Arles and Avignon? Also, do you have any restaurant suggestions in any of these two areas? Any off-the-beat or "can't miss" suggestions for travelers that like beautiful vistas, good food and wine, and slow paced travel? Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Need help fine-tuning trip to Provence!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid apartment input, please
- 2 December honeymoon in Europe
- 3 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 4 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 5 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 6 How long in Venice?
- 7 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 8 tuscany wine tours and transfers
- 9 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 10 Firenze Card OR Amici Degli Uffizi Card??
- 11 staying a month or so in each place
- 12 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 13 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 14 URGENT: Fontana Del Papa, Tolfa Cooking School Info Pls
- 15 Visiting Amsterdam, Brussels and Bruges
- 16 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 17 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 18 Robbed in Rome... by a "Police Officer"?
- 19 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 20 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 21 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 22 Spending money in Italy?
- 23 Late night train from Prague
- 24 Down in the River To Say "Bore Da": Wales May/June 2014
- 25 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag