Fodorites, I need your help fine-tuning our trip to Provence! After much consideration, we have decided to save the Dordogne for another trip and will visit Paris and Provence for a 2 week vacation (2 couples) in France in mid-June. We will stay in Paris for 6 nights in an apartment (Marais Village 2 bedroom www.cecile-apartments.com). We will then take the train to Avignon where we will rent a car and stay for one week. After reading Stu Dudley's Provence itinerary, we have decided to stay the first 4 nights in the Luberon area. Le Mas Perreal, which many of you had recommended, had no availability and they suggested Le Mas Jorel in their area (www.lemasjorel.com) which we have booked. We like the idea of 2 locations in Provence; we have done this with previous trips to Umbria and Tuscany and it has worked well. For the next 3 nights we have considered St. Remy. After staying in the countryside for the first part of Provence, we thought it would be nice to stay where we could walk to dinner and enjoy wine without having to worry about driving. So far the accomodations have been unavailable (Mas des Carassins), too expensive, or not in the town proper. We would like to limit the cost to no more than 300 Euros for 2 rooms or a 2 bedroom suite. Le Mas des Tourterelles (masdestourterelles.com) is a 5 or 10 minute walk to the town center, is available and in our price range, and is an option. Do any of you have any other suggestions in St. Remy or in any of the other towns and villages in the general area of Arles and Avignon? Also, do you have any restaurant suggestions in any of these two areas? Any off-the-beat or "can't miss" suggestions for travelers that like beautiful vistas, good food and wine, and slow paced travel? Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Need help fine-tuning trip to Provence!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 2 Itinerary advise needed
- 3 Lakes District UK
- 4 Tentative 2 week itinerary for Paris
- 5 Rome to Vienna in 5 Nights. Suggestions welcome!
- 6 Is this the right way<>?
- 7 Solo in Paris for a month: Help me decide on Side Trips
- 8 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 9 4 weeks in the UK
- 10 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 11 Italy 14 days
- 12 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 13 Kimhe--flamenco
- 14 Working Holiday in Germany
- 15 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 16 Does Roma Pass covers free admission to Colosseum ?
- 17 Provence in November
- 18 Rome Areas to stay
- 19 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 20 When to go to Sicily
- 21 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 22 Wengen to Torino?
- 23 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 24 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 25 Life Jackets on Gondolas in Venice?