Fodorites, I need your help fine-tuning our trip to Provence! After much consideration, we have decided to save the Dordogne for another trip and will visit Paris and Provence for a 2 week vacation (2 couples) in France in mid-June. We will stay in Paris for 6 nights in an apartment (Marais Village 2 bedroom www.cecile-apartments.com). We will then take the train to Avignon where we will rent a car and stay for one week. After reading Stu Dudley's Provence itinerary, we have decided to stay the first 4 nights in the Luberon area. Le Mas Perreal, which many of you had recommended, had no availability and they suggested Le Mas Jorel in their area (www.lemasjorel.com) which we have booked. We like the idea of 2 locations in Provence; we have done this with previous trips to Umbria and Tuscany and it has worked well. For the next 3 nights we have considered St. Remy. After staying in the countryside for the first part of Provence, we thought it would be nice to stay where we could walk to dinner and enjoy wine without having to worry about driving. So far the accomodations have been unavailable (Mas des Carassins), too expensive, or not in the town proper. We would like to limit the cost to no more than 300 Euros for 2 rooms or a 2 bedroom suite. Le Mas des Tourterelles (masdestourterelles.com) is a 5 or 10 minute walk to the town center, is available and in our price range, and is an option. Do any of you have any other suggestions in St. Remy or in any of the other towns and villages in the general area of Arles and Avignon? Also, do you have any restaurant suggestions in any of these two areas? Any off-the-beat or "can't miss" suggestions for travelers that like beautiful vistas, good food and wine, and slow paced travel? Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Need help fine-tuning trip to Provence!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 3 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 4 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 5 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 6 River cruises
- 7 More help with housing in Puglia
- 8 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 9 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 10 London for Christmas
- 11 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 12 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 13 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 14 7 days in Andalucia
- 15 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 16 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 17 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 21 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 22 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Ira Has Been Kidnapped