Fodorites, I need your help fine-tuning our trip to Provence! After much consideration, we have decided to save the Dordogne for another trip and will visit Paris and Provence for a 2 week vacation (2 couples) in France in mid-June. We will stay in Paris for 6 nights in an apartment (Marais Village 2 bedroom www.cecile-apartments.com). We will then take the train to Avignon where we will rent a car and stay for one week. After reading Stu Dudley's Provence itinerary, we have decided to stay the first 4 nights in the Luberon area. Le Mas Perreal, which many of you had recommended, had no availability and they suggested Le Mas Jorel in their area (www.lemasjorel.com) which we have booked. We like the idea of 2 locations in Provence; we have done this with previous trips to Umbria and Tuscany and it has worked well. For the next 3 nights we have considered St. Remy. After staying in the countryside for the first part of Provence, we thought it would be nice to stay where we could walk to dinner and enjoy wine without having to worry about driving. So far the accomodations have been unavailable (Mas des Carassins), too expensive, or not in the town proper. We would like to limit the cost to no more than 300 Euros for 2 rooms or a 2 bedroom suite. Le Mas des Tourterelles (masdestourterelles.com) is a 5 or 10 minute walk to the town center, is available and in our price range, and is an option. Do any of you have any other suggestions in St. Remy or in any of the other towns and villages in the general area of Arles and Avignon? Also, do you have any restaurant suggestions in any of these two areas? Any off-the-beat or "can't miss" suggestions for travelers that like beautiful vistas, good food and wine, and slow paced travel? Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Need help fine-tuning trip to Provence!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 2 Cotswolds village base
- 3 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 4 Passport Delays
- 5 Wine tour from Verona?
- 6 May Trip to Germany and Switzerland - Munich and Lauterbrunnen - Hiking Included
- 7 Hotel in Rome?
- 8 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 9 Netherlands Delta Works
- 10 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 11 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 12 Please help with itinerary for 18 days in Italy.
- 13 A full week in The Netherlands
- 14 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 15 Southern Italy without a Car
- 16 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 17 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 18 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 19 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 20 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 21 Prices in Dubrovnik
- 22 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 23 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 24 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 25 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places