My husband and I will be traveling to Italy (flying into Rome) in late June. We are then flying out of Venice 12 days later. We need some help trying to finalize our itinerary. We want to visit as many places as possible but still enjoy each town we visit.
Here's what we had in mind:
Day 1 - Arrive; Rome
Day 2 - Rome
Day 3 - Rome
Day 4 - leave Rome early morning; Florence
Day 5 - Florence
Day 6 -
Day 7 -
Day 8 -
Day 9 -
Day 10 - Siena (il Palio) - Is this worth it?
Day 11 -
Day 12 - Venice
Day 13 - leave Venice in the evening
So in between, we're confused - here's a few places that were recommended by friends who recently visited Italy:
Pisa, Cinque Terre, Verona, Lake Garda, Montepulciano, San Gimignano....are any of these worth the day trip or does anyone have any other must-have spots? We plan on taking trains/buses everywhere. My husband is open to driving if it makes sense.
Also, we plan on using airbnb for most of our stay but also not sure if we should stay in one place for about a week or so and just make day trips or actually stay in these places and drag our luggage everywhere. Help please?!?!?!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 2 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 3 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 5 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 6 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 7 Planning A trip
- 8 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 9 Driving through Paris
- 10 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 11 Watch Full Empire Season 4 Episode 4 s04e04 Online
- 12 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 13 Watch-Full Empire Season 4 Episode 4 s04e04 Online. watch
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 16 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 17 Bruges
- 18 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 21 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 24 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 25 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets