My husband and I will be traveling to Italy (flying into Rome) in late June. We are then flying out of Venice 12 days later. We need some help trying to finalize our itinerary. We want to visit as many places as possible but still enjoy each town we visit.
Here's what we had in mind:
Day 1 - Arrive; Rome
Day 2 - Rome
Day 3 - Rome
Day 4 - leave Rome early morning; Florence
Day 5 - Florence
Day 6 -
Day 7 -
Day 8 -
Day 9 -
Day 10 - Siena (il Palio) - Is this worth it?
Day 11 -
Day 12 - Venice
Day 13 - leave Venice in the evening
So in between, we're confused - here's a few places that were recommended by friends who recently visited Italy:
Pisa, Cinque Terre, Verona, Lake Garda, Montepulciano, San Gimignano....are any of these worth the day trip or does anyone have any other must-have spots? We plan on taking trains/buses everywhere. My husband is open to driving if it makes sense.
Also, we plan on using airbnb for most of our stay but also not sure if we should stay in one place for about a week or so and just make day trips or actually stay in these places and drag our luggage everywhere. Help please?!?!?!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 2 Top Tapas Tascas
- 3 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 4 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 7 If your site isn't working because of the update, just take it offline
- 8 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 9 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 10 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 11 Greece
- 12 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 13 Hiking lake Como
- 14 Incredibly Beautiful, Fira, Greece
- 15 Renting a car in Greece
- 16 Prem fares (again)
- 17 tickets for Wimbledon
- 18 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 19 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 20 Iceland, france spain
- 21 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 22 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 23 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 24 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 25 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??