My husband and I will be traveling to Italy (flying into Rome) in late June. We are then flying out of Venice 12 days later. We need some help trying to finalize our itinerary. We want to visit as many places as possible but still enjoy each town we visit.
Here's what we had in mind:
Day 1 - Arrive; Rome
Day 2 - Rome
Day 3 - Rome
Day 4 - leave Rome early morning; Florence
Day 5 - Florence
Day 6 -
Day 7 -
Day 8 -
Day 9 -
Day 10 - Siena (il Palio) - Is this worth it?
Day 11 -
Day 12 - Venice
Day 13 - leave Venice in the evening
So in between, we're confused - here's a few places that were recommended by friends who recently visited Italy:
Pisa, Cinque Terre, Verona, Lake Garda, Montepulciano, San Gimignano....are any of these worth the day trip or does anyone have any other must-have spots? We plan on taking trains/buses everywhere. My husband is open to driving if it makes sense.
Also, we plan on using airbnb for most of our stay but also not sure if we should stay in one place for about a week or so and just make day trips or actually stay in these places and drag our luggage everywhere. Help please?!?!?!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 month in Europe
- 2 Paris hotels
- 3 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 4 London Hotels
- 5 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 6 10 days in Paris and......
- 7 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 8 Europe itinerary questions
- 9 Back from Paris
- 10 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 11 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 12 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 15 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 16 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 19 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 20 LIsbon
- 21 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 22 Iceland in 7 days.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Luggage Storage
- 25 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?