My husband and I will be traveling to Italy (flying into Rome) in late June. We are then flying out of Venice 12 days later. We need some help trying to finalize our itinerary. We want to visit as many places as possible but still enjoy each town we visit.
Here's what we had in mind:
Day 1 - Arrive; Rome
Day 2 - Rome
Day 3 - Rome
Day 4 - leave Rome early morning; Florence
Day 5 - Florence
Day 6 -
Day 7 -
Day 8 -
Day 9 -
Day 10 - Siena (il Palio) - Is this worth it?
Day 11 -
Day 12 - Venice
Day 13 - leave Venice in the evening
So in between, we're confused - here's a few places that were recommended by friends who recently visited Italy:
Pisa, Cinque Terre, Verona, Lake Garda, Montepulciano, San Gimignano....are any of these worth the day trip or does anyone have any other must-have spots? We plan on taking trains/buses everywhere. My husband is open to driving if it makes sense.
Also, we plan on using airbnb for most of our stay but also not sure if we should stay in one place for about a week or so and just make day trips or actually stay in these places and drag our luggage everywhere. Help please?!?!?!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Barcelona
- 3 Spain and South of France
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 6 Overnight at Heathrow
- 7 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 8 France, UK and Ireland
- 9 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 10 Ronda Wine/biking
- 11 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 12 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 13 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 14 Andalucia itinerary help
- 15 Santorini lodging
- 16 Germany family road trip help!
- 17 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 18 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 19 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 20 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 21 Prague
- 22 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 23 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 24 9 days in London
- 25 Where to buy things outside of Munich