Hello: We are two families of 4 adults and 4 teenagers. We will be arriving into either Scotland or Ireland on the 26th of May and will have 6 days to spend there. Our interests are pubs, castles ,hiking, wineries, breweries and distilleries but most importantly amazing scenery. We will have just finished a 7 day Med cruise, so may be in need of a bit of relaxation. We are currently leaning towards Ireland as the accomodations seem to be much cheaper, however I'm concerned that there will be too much driving in order to see everything. Is there any place fairly central that we could stay for the whole 6 days or should we be moving around the island as we go. We will definitely rent a car. What about Scotland? Any suggestions on which is better for our likes? We usually like to rent a house. Thanks so much for any suggestions.
Need help deciding between Ireland and Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London neighborhood suggestions
- 2 Bus Tours in Scotland???
- 3 Cheapest, easiest way to get from Ljubljana to Zurich?
- 4 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 5 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 6 Restaurants in Spain
- 7 big family in Ireland
- 8 UK for 10 days with 9 and 13 year old
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Touring Dover Castle
- 11 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 12 Ireland itinerary
- 13 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 16 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 17 Cell phones in Ireland
- 18 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 19 7 Nights in Paris
- 20 Santorini transportation
- 21 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 22 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 23 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 24 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 25 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?