Hello: We are two families of 4 adults and 4 teenagers. We will be arriving into either Scotland or Ireland on the 26th of May and will have 6 days to spend there. Our interests are pubs, castles ,hiking, wineries, breweries and distilleries but most importantly amazing scenery. We will have just finished a 7 day Med cruise, so may be in need of a bit of relaxation. We are currently leaning towards Ireland as the accomodations seem to be much cheaper, however I'm concerned that there will be too much driving in order to see everything. Is there any place fairly central that we could stay for the whole 6 days or should we be moving around the island as we go. We will definitely rent a car. What about Scotland? Any suggestions on which is better for our likes? We usually like to rent a house. Thanks so much for any suggestions.
Need help deciding between Ireland and Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 2 Golfing in Ireland
- 3 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 4 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 5 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 6 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 7 What still confounds you about travel?
- 8 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 9 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 10 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 11 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 12 Santorini
- 13 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 14 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 15 Foie gras, redux
- 16 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 17 Questions for my German friends
- 18 Chip but no PIN
- 19 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 20 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 21 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 22 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 23 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 24 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 25 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?