Hello: We are two families of 4 adults and 4 teenagers. We will be arriving into either Scotland or Ireland on the 26th of May and will have 6 days to spend there. Our interests are pubs, castles ,hiking, wineries, breweries and distilleries but most importantly amazing scenery. We will have just finished a 7 day Med cruise, so may be in need of a bit of relaxation. We are currently leaning towards Ireland as the accomodations seem to be much cheaper, however I'm concerned that there will be too much driving in order to see everything. Is there any place fairly central that we could stay for the whole 6 days or should we be moving around the island as we go. We will definitely rent a car. What about Scotland? Any suggestions on which is better for our likes? We usually like to rent a house. Thanks so much for any suggestions.
Need help deciding between Ireland and Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A month in Europe - how does this sound?
- 2 All Set To Go!!
- 3 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 4 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 5 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 6 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 7 Renfe planning strike December 26th
- 8 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 9 Ireland, Honeymoon, early June 2015, active couple
- 10 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 11 22 year olds in Europe
- 12 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 13 Granada
- 14 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 15 Caserta, Italy? Anyone Been There?
- 16 Istanbul Bosphorus Tour
- 17 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 18 Rome bus tours-which one?
- 19 Coffee in Naples
- 20 A Sardinia trip report
- 21 Spain/EU trip in february "History,Nature is our main goal"
- 22 First time Ireland trip
- 23 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 24 Favorite place for morning espresso or cappucino in Venice
- 25 Spain and Portugal in Depth