Hello: We are two families of 4 adults and 4 teenagers. We will be arriving into either Scotland or Ireland on the 26th of May and will have 6 days to spend there. Our interests are pubs, castles ,hiking, wineries, breweries and distilleries but most importantly amazing scenery. We will have just finished a 7 day Med cruise, so may be in need of a bit of relaxation. We are currently leaning towards Ireland as the accomodations seem to be much cheaper, however I'm concerned that there will be too much driving in order to see everything. Is there any place fairly central that we could stay for the whole 6 days or should we be moving around the island as we go. We will definitely rent a car. What about Scotland? Any suggestions on which is better for our likes? We usually like to rent a house. Thanks so much for any suggestions.
Need help deciding between Ireland and Scotland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 2 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 3 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 4 Euro Train
- 5 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 6 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 7 first european holiday itinery
- 8 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 9 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 10 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 11 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 12 To Paris and Provence in June
- 13 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 14 Cyprus in December
- 15 Cyprus photo gallery
- 16 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 17 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 18 Which travel plan?
- 19 Florence in October
- 20 Family European winter holiday
- 21 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 22 Vespa Tours of Tuscany
- 23 Advises for trip to Russia
- 24 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 25 Venice passes....confusing as heck!