Hello: We are two families of 4 adults and 4 teenagers. We will be arriving into either Scotland or Ireland on the 26th of May and will have 6 days to spend there. Our interests are pubs, castles ,hiking, wineries, breweries and distilleries but most importantly amazing scenery. We will have just finished a 7 day Med cruise, so may be in need of a bit of relaxation. We are currently leaning towards Ireland as the accomodations seem to be much cheaper, however I'm concerned that there will be too much driving in order to see everything. Is there any place fairly central that we could stay for the whole 6 days or should we be moving around the island as we go. We will definitely rent a car. What about Scotland? Any suggestions on which is better for our likes? We usually like to rent a house. Thanks so much for any suggestions.
Need help deciding between Ireland and Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 2 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 3 A drive in Europe
- 4 Europe in 21 days
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 7 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 8 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 11 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 12 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 13 UK for 12 days !
- 14 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 15 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 16 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 17 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 18 London hotel
- 19 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 20 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 21 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 22 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 23 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 24 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 25 Hotel in Venice