Hello: We are two families of 4 adults and 4 teenagers. We will be arriving into either Scotland or Ireland on the 26th of May and will have 6 days to spend there. Our interests are pubs, castles ,hiking, wineries, breweries and distilleries but most importantly amazing scenery. We will have just finished a 7 day Med cruise, so may be in need of a bit of relaxation. We are currently leaning towards Ireland as the accomodations seem to be much cheaper, however I'm concerned that there will be too much driving in order to see everything. Is there any place fairly central that we could stay for the whole 6 days or should we be moving around the island as we go. We will definitely rent a car. What about Scotland? Any suggestions on which is better for our likes? We usually like to rent a house. Thanks so much for any suggestions.
Need help deciding between Ireland and Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 2 Sicily Suggetions
- 3 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 4 car rental companies Italy
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 7 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 8 hotels in Seville
- 9 Nice hotel in Garmisch, Fussen or Mittenwald
- 10 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 11 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 12 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 13 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 14 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 15 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 16 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 17 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 18 Mykonos Grand, Cavo Tagoo, Saint Johns, Belvedere or Grace?
- 19 Paris in April?
- 20 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 21 Three days in Spain
- 22 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 23 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 24 7 days in Greece
- 25 Estonia Amber