Hello: We are two families of 4 adults and 4 teenagers. We will be arriving into either Scotland or Ireland on the 26th of May and will have 6 days to spend there. Our interests are pubs, castles ,hiking, wineries, breweries and distilleries but most importantly amazing scenery. We will have just finished a 7 day Med cruise, so may be in need of a bit of relaxation. We are currently leaning towards Ireland as the accomodations seem to be much cheaper, however I'm concerned that there will be too much driving in order to see everything. Is there any place fairly central that we could stay for the whole 6 days or should we be moving around the island as we go. We will definitely rent a car. What about Scotland? Any suggestions on which is better for our likes? We usually like to rent a house. Thanks so much for any suggestions.
Need help deciding between Ireland and Scotland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 3 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 4 River cruises
- 5 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 6 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 7 7 days in Andalucia
- 8 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 9 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 10 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 11 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 12 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 13 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 14 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 15 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 16 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 20 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 21 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 22 London for Christmas
- 23 Belgium
- 24 Navigo Decouverte
- 25 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking