Hello: We are two families of 4 adults and 4 teenagers. We will be arriving into either Scotland or Ireland on the 26th of May and will have 6 days to spend there. Our interests are pubs, castles ,hiking, wineries, breweries and distilleries but most importantly amazing scenery. We will have just finished a 7 day Med cruise, so may be in need of a bit of relaxation. We are currently leaning towards Ireland as the accomodations seem to be much cheaper, however I'm concerned that there will be too much driving in order to see everything. Is there any place fairly central that we could stay for the whole 6 days or should we be moving around the island as we go. We will definitely rent a car. What about Scotland? Any suggestions on which is better for our likes? We usually like to rent a house. Thanks so much for any suggestions.
Need help deciding between Ireland and Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 2 Rome to Capri-Day Trip?
- 3 Which area in Florence - Santa Croce or near Duomo?
- 4 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...
- 5 First Trip to Europe
- 6 Central London Hotels
- 7 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 8 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 9 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 10 Switzerland--how is rain impacting hiking in engadines? sils maria?
- 11 Mosel Valley Base - NOT Rhine Valley Base
- 12 Paris Taxi
- 13 Apartment cooking in Paris
- 14 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 15 Bielsa, Spain - Any info?
- 16 What should we eat in Portugal?
- 17 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 18 review of grimaldi ferry barcelona to porto torres
- 19 impact of the euro on travel costs
- 20 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 21 Cornwall or Paris?
- 22 Globus Tours
- 23 Paris T A X I
- 24 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 25 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N