Hello: We are two families of 4 adults and 4 teenagers. We will be arriving into either Scotland or Ireland on the 26th of May and will have 6 days to spend there. Our interests are pubs, castles ,hiking, wineries, breweries and distilleries but most importantly amazing scenery. We will have just finished a 7 day Med cruise, so may be in need of a bit of relaxation. We are currently leaning towards Ireland as the accomodations seem to be much cheaper, however I'm concerned that there will be too much driving in order to see everything. Is there any place fairly central that we could stay for the whole 6 days or should we be moving around the island as we go. We will definitely rent a car. What about Scotland? Any suggestions on which is better for our likes? We usually like to rent a house. Thanks so much for any suggestions.
Need help deciding between Ireland and Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 2 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 3 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 4 Italy dolomites
- 5 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 6 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 7 Scuol, Switzerland
- 8 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 9 Airport ATMs
- 10 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 11 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 12 5 Observations About Paris
- 13 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 14 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 15 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 16 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 17 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 18 Switzerland help...?
- 19 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 20 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 21 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 22 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 23 Sicily in a winter
- 24 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 25 A month in Europe - how does this sound?