Hello: We are two families of 4 adults and 4 teenagers. We will be arriving into either Scotland or Ireland on the 26th of May and will have 6 days to spend there. Our interests are pubs, castles ,hiking, wineries, breweries and distilleries but most importantly amazing scenery. We will have just finished a 7 day Med cruise, so may be in need of a bit of relaxation. We are currently leaning towards Ireland as the accomodations seem to be much cheaper, however I'm concerned that there will be too much driving in order to see everything. Is there any place fairly central that we could stay for the whole 6 days or should we be moving around the island as we go. We will definitely rent a car. What about Scotland? Any suggestions on which is better for our likes? We usually like to rent a house. Thanks so much for any suggestions.
Need help deciding between Ireland and Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 2 No points in Paris .....
- 3 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 4 best time to book accommodation
- 5 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 6 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 7 Stay near Paris
- 8 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 9 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 10 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 11 Sicily - not a trip report
- 12 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 13 Chip but no PIN
- 14 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 15 Questions for my German friends
- 16 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 17 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 18 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 19 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 20 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 21 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 22 What to wear
- 23 Greece - trip report - Aegean Islands Chios, Lesvos and Samos Oct 2012
- 24 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 25 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma