My wife and I plan to visit Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands in Apr-May. We already made a reservation for Thalys (Cologne-Brussels) with quite a good deal, but are a bit amazed at ticket price from Brussels-Amsterdam. We plan to take train on May 1 and when I looked at any website (www.b-europe.com, www.tgv-europe.com), it turned out that the cheapest ticket price for 2 from Brussels-Amsterdam is EUR90 by Thalys (non-flex) and EUR80.80 by IC (full-flex). That's more than double our cost for Cologne-Brussels.
I tried to change departure city from Brussels to Paris instead, and it came out that the cheapest ticket (Paris-Amsterdam) is EUR70 (non-flex) by Thalys (8.25AM train)! How come? Since Paris-Amsterdam is 3.20 hrs. trip, while Brussels-Amsterdam is less than 2 hrs. trip.
Normally, is there any promotion ticket available for Brussels-Amsterdam route as usually occur in Germany or France cities in DB or SNCB website? Or there've never been promotion ticket for this route
Thank you all much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 2 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 3 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 4 "Never Mind"
- 5 Our Itinerary for 25 Days in Portugal
- 6 Killarney
- 7 Cornwall Advice
- 8 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 9 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 10 Florence Travel Guide
- 11 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 12 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 13 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 14 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 15 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 16 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 17 Rome Advice?
- 18 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 19 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 20 Italian lakes
- 21 Via del Sale, Italy
- 22 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 23 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 24 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 25 Andalucia itinerary help