My wife and I plan to visit Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands in Apr-May. We already made a reservation for Thalys (Cologne-Brussels) with quite a good deal, but are a bit amazed at ticket price from Brussels-Amsterdam. We plan to take train on May 1 and when I looked at any website (www.b-europe.com, www.tgv-europe.com), it turned out that the cheapest ticket price for 2 from Brussels-Amsterdam is EUR90 by Thalys (non-flex) and EUR80.80 by IC (full-flex). That's more than double our cost for Cologne-Brussels.
I tried to change departure city from Brussels to Paris instead, and it came out that the cheapest ticket (Paris-Amsterdam) is EUR70 (non-flex) by Thalys (8.25AM train)! How come? Since Paris-Amsterdam is 3.20 hrs. trip, while Brussels-Amsterdam is less than 2 hrs. trip.
Normally, is there any promotion ticket available for Brussels-Amsterdam route as usually occur in Germany or France cities in DB or SNCB website? Or there've never been promotion ticket for this route
Thank you all much in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 2 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 3 Charming areas to explore in London
- 4 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 5 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 6 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 7 Italy Dolomites in early April
- 8 I may be wrong....
- 9 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 10 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 11 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 12 Cornwall UK
- 13 Need Mobile phone advice for Italy
- 14 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 15 Hydra, Greece
- 16 travel around Spain
- 17 credit and debit cards
- 18 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 19 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 20 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 21 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 22 8 Hours in Rome
- 23 Golf Partner in Istanbul
- 24 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 25 Cash machines ATM