Once again we started out trying to plan a ski trip with our son to the Dolomites and yet again we wound up selecting someplace else. This time it will be Zermatt. Intention is to spend 5 nights in Zermatt where sonny will ski and we (DH and I) will walk about, relax, drink and dine then move on to Lucerne for 6 nights where we'll all enjoy the town and do day trips by train to some other Swiss destinations and possibly Colmar. Not much good info on dining in either city on the otherwise trusty Chowhound site. Wondering if anyone here can offer some recs for good places in town where we can have dinners (and lunches when not day tripping). Want to do something of everything--Swiss, Asian, International. High end, middle and low. Raclette for sure. All suggestions gratefully accepted. Thanks.
Need dining recs for Lucerne and Zermatt
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 2 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 3 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 4 Questions for my German friends
- 5 What still confounds you about travel?
- 6 Train to Airport in Venice
- 7 Chip but no PIN
- 8 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 9 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 10 Foie gras, redux
- 11 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 12 Dublin Tour Companies
- 13 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 14 Day trips from Seville
- 15 Oktoberfest reservations
- 16 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 17 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 18 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 19 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 20 Southern France
- 21 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 22 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 23 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 24 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 25 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.