We are planning to visit close friends in southern France in 2013. The months they said are best for them are May, June, or September. We will be staying with them, so hotels are not an issue. What we need to find is the most affordable airfare option for 2 adults and 2 children (5 and 7). Does anyone have any advice as to when and/or where we should fly into? We will be departing from Chicago and are open to arriving into southern France by train from any surrounding area/country. Length of stay will be about 10 days give or take. Budget is our key factor right now, although we'd also like to avoid the first week of June and the first week of September due to school timing.
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 2 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 3 Camogli and surrounds
- 4 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 5 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 6 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 7 Shuttle service from Munich to Prague
- 8 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid
- 9 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 10 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 11 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 12 Shorts in South of France?
- 13 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 14 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 15 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 16 Are DSLR cameras allowed for Papal Audience
- 17 Route des Vins
- 18 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 Les Invalides Night Show
- 21 base for Andalucia
- 22 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 23 Taxi or Aeroexpress from Domodedovo Airport to center of Moscow?
- 24 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 25 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina