We are planning to visit close friends in southern France in 2013. The months they said are best for them are May, June, or September. We will be staying with them, so hotels are not an issue. What we need to find is the most affordable airfare option for 2 adults and 2 children (5 and 7). Does anyone have any advice as to when and/or where we should fly into? We will be departing from Chicago and are open to arriving into southern France by train from any surrounding area/country. Length of stay will be about 10 days give or take. Budget is our key factor right now, although we'd also like to avoid the first week of June and the first week of September due to school timing.
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 2 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 3 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 4 10 days in Paris and......
- 5 Summer Travel order
- 6 LIsbon
- 7 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 8 International Flight Question
- 9 Luggage Storage
- 10 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 11 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 12 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 13 Brugge hotel help
- 14 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 15 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 16 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 17 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 18 Another tipping question: concierges
- 19 Trip suggestion
- 20 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 22 Back from Paris
- 23 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 Musee Carnavalet closed for now