We are planning to visit close friends in southern France in 2013. The months they said are best for them are May, June, or September. We will be staying with them, so hotels are not an issue. What we need to find is the most affordable airfare option for 2 adults and 2 children (5 and 7). Does anyone have any advice as to when and/or where we should fly into? We will be departing from Chicago and are open to arriving into southern France by train from any surrounding area/country. Length of stay will be about 10 days give or take. Budget is our key factor right now, although we'd also like to avoid the first week of June and the first week of September due to school timing.
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 2 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 3 European Cooking Secrets
- 4 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 5 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 6 London tour and theatre ideas
- 7 BEWARE of EUROCAR
- 8 England and Wales by public transport
- 9 Italy's central lakes!
- 10 CDG much improved
- 11 Travel vs. Babies
- 12 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 13 Paris with Layover in Munich. Can we leave the airport?
- 14 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 15 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 16 Rome, Florence and a cruise this fall
- 17 Travel help
- 18 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 19 20 Days in Europe
- 20 Live music or Theater over Christmas and New Years?
- 21 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 22 Europe in late January
- 23 Need suggestions for musical Events in Rome
- 24 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 25 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan