We are planning to visit close friends in southern France in 2013. The months they said are best for them are May, June, or September. We will be staying with them, so hotels are not an issue. What we need to find is the most affordable airfare option for 2 adults and 2 children (5 and 7). Does anyone have any advice as to when and/or where we should fly into? We will be departing from Chicago and are open to arriving into southern France by train from any surrounding area/country. Length of stay will be about 10 days give or take. Budget is our key factor right now, although we'd also like to avoid the first week of June and the first week of September due to school timing.
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 2 14 days in Europe: Paris, Venice, Florence, Cinque Terre, Rome
- 3 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 4 5 days in France or Italian Rivera
- 5 Touring Wales
- 6 Cordoba or Granada?
- 7 Amalfi or Positano
- 8 3 nights in Tuscany
- 9 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 10 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 11 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 12 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 13 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 14 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 15 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 16 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 17 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
- 18 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 19 Munich, Germany
- 20 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 21 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 22 Cornwall to Edinburgh in 25 days ????
- 23 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 24 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 25 First Time Europe Trip