We are planning to visit close friends in southern France in 2013. The months they said are best for them are May, June, or September. We will be staying with them, so hotels are not an issue. What we need to find is the most affordable airfare option for 2 adults and 2 children (5 and 7). Does anyone have any advice as to when and/or where we should fly into? We will be departing from Chicago and are open to arriving into southern France by train from any surrounding area/country. Length of stay will be about 10 days give or take. Budget is our key factor right now, although we'd also like to avoid the first week of June and the first week of September due to school timing.
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austria In Nov first week
- 2 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 3 Barcelona completely overrated
- 4 One quick week -- where in France?
- 5 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 6 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 7 Spain Itinerary Help
- 8 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 9 Small foodie tours in Bologna
- 10 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 11 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 12 London Itinerary and Questions
- 13 Venice Cruise Port: Santa Lucia or Mestre?
- 14 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 15 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 16 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 17 MiFi in Italy
- 18 Cork or Galway?
- 19 Sitges Hotel ??
- 20 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 21 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 22 French lavender and cottages
- 23 Rail/Hoylhead/Edinburgh
- 24 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 25 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)