We are planning to visit close friends in southern France in 2013. The months they said are best for them are May, June, or September. We will be staying with them, so hotels are not an issue. What we need to find is the most affordable airfare option for 2 adults and 2 children (5 and 7). Does anyone have any advice as to when and/or where we should fly into? We will be departing from Chicago and are open to arriving into southern France by train from any surrounding area/country. Length of stay will be about 10 days give or take. Budget is our key factor right now, although we'd also like to avoid the first week of June and the first week of September due to school timing.
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris w/ Kids -- A family's first trip [report]
- 2 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 3 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 4 Royal Caribbean Cruise port to Arlanda, Stockholm airport
- 5 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 6 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 7 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 8 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 9 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 10 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 11 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 12 Sentimental Journey
- 13 Walking GPS?
- 14 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 15 A few last minute questions
- 16 MID DECEMBER IN BUDAPEST
- 17 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 18 Venice Biennale to Feature Detroit...
- 19 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 20 now the fun stuff - need dining recs near Goult
- 21 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 22 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 23 2 weeks itinerary for Norway & Sweden
- 24 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 25 10 day Spain trip - which cities?