We are planning to visit close friends in southern France in 2013. The months they said are best for them are May, June, or September. We will be staying with them, so hotels are not an issue. What we need to find is the most affordable airfare option for 2 adults and 2 children (5 and 7). Does anyone have any advice as to when and/or where we should fly into? We will be departing from Chicago and are open to arriving into southern France by train from any surrounding area/country. Length of stay will be about 10 days give or take. Budget is our key factor right now, although we'd also like to avoid the first week of June and the first week of September due to school timing.
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 What about Basque Country?
- 3 Croatia Itinerary Advice - Thank you!
- 4 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 5 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 6 Terminal 1 CDG Airport to Le Bus Direct Line 2 Station Airport
- 7 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 8 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 9 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 10 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 11 Charles Degaulle question
- 12 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 13 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 14 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 15 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 16 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 17 Helsinki -> Tallin -> Riga OR Tallin -> Riga -> Vilinius ?
- 18 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 19 Iceland in July
- 20 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 21 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 22 Train rides
- 23 Pompeii luggage storage
- 24 italy itinerary request
- 25 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily