We are planning to visit close friends in southern France in 2013. The months they said are best for them are May, June, or September. We will be staying with them, so hotels are not an issue. What we need to find is the most affordable airfare option for 2 adults and 2 children (5 and 7). Does anyone have any advice as to when and/or where we should fly into? We will be departing from Chicago and are open to arriving into southern France by train from any surrounding area/country. Length of stay will be about 10 days give or take. Budget is our key factor right now, although we'd also like to avoid the first week of June and the first week of September due to school timing.
Thanks for any help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 2 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 3 Help required with Itinerary
- 4 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 5 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 6 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 7 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 9 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 10 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 11 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?
- 12 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 13 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 14 Exchange: pros & cons?
- 15 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 16 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 17 Skye to Edinburgh
- 18 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 19 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 20 Flat in London
- 21 Trip to Rome
- 22 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 23 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 24 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 25 Sunday and Monday in Provence area