My eldest son is graduating from high school in June and his plans to travel with friends to Europe have fallen through with the other boys pulling out. So I am sacrificing myself (lol) and have offered to take him. And to be honest he's our eldest and going off to college next year and I am looking forward for spending this time alone especially since we have two younger sons. So it will only my son and myself. We are pretty laid back. We are not "foodies". As long as we have something to eat we are fine. We had considered taking a cruise but I'm on the fence with that. We have decicded London is a must and maybe Edinburg? But London for sure. Then what Paris? Italy? We can go anytime from mid June through the first week of August and we can go for up to 2 weeks. I have priced the possibility of flying into London. I have started looking at the rail routes and passes, the pass that covers several tourist attractions in London etc. as I said we are laid back. We enjoy history and just walking around and soaking up the local environment. We are open to any and all suggestions. We could make this easy and book a 14 night cruise that visits cities all over the UK (Scotland), Ireland and Normandy. Or a 7-10 day cruise and visit Rome, Venice etc. and then fly or take the train and visit London and Paris. Yet we both like the idea of spending more time in each city and taking the train to our next destination. Not to mention the 14 day cruise is fast paced and cost over $5200 granted that covers a lot of food breakfast, dinners and snacks but not excursions. With canceling the planned trip we are starting from scratch and I need all of the help and advice ASAP. And we want to be safe as possible. From where to start, budget, hotels, airfare tips (I already have several apps I use for travel). Please help : )
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 2 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 3 We're here!
- 4 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 7 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 8 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 9 Swiss Travel Pass
- 10 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 11 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 12 Athens
- 13 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 14 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 17 Petrol in Greece
- 18 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 19 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 20 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices
- 21 Gyms in Paris-day passes?
- 22 Christmas markets still open after Dec 25?
- 23 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 24 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 25 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out