My eldest son is graduating from high school in June and his plans to travel with friends to Europe have fallen through with the other boys pulling out. So I am sacrificing myself (lol) and have offered to take him. And to be honest he's our eldest and going off to college next year and I am looking forward for spending this time alone especially since we have two younger sons. So it will only my son and myself. We are pretty laid back. We are not "foodies". As long as we have something to eat we are fine. We had considered taking a cruise but I'm on the fence with that. We have decicded London is a must and maybe Edinburg? But London for sure. Then what Paris? Italy? We can go anytime from mid June through the first week of August and we can go for up to 2 weeks. I have priced the possibility of flying into London. I have started looking at the rail routes and passes, the pass that covers several tourist attractions in London etc. as I said we are laid back. We enjoy history and just walking around and soaking up the local environment. We are open to any and all suggestions. We could make this easy and book a 14 night cruise that visits cities all over the UK (Scotland), Ireland and Normandy. Or a 7-10 day cruise and visit Rome, Venice etc. and then fly or take the train and visit London and Paris. Yet we both like the idea of spending more time in each city and taking the train to our next destination. Not to mention the 14 day cruise is fast paced and cost over $5200 granted that covers a lot of food breakfast, dinners and snacks but not excursions. With canceling the planned trip we are starting from scratch and I need all of the help and advice ASAP. And we want to be safe as possible. From where to start, budget, hotels, airfare tips (I already have several apps I use for travel). Please help : )
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 2 base for Andalucia
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 5 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 6 Windsor Castle
- 7 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 8 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 9 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 10 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 11 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 12 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 13 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 14 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 15 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 16 4 nights in Sardinia
- 17 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 18 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 "Too Much Cows"
- 21 Matera tour guide wanted
- 22 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 23 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 24 Moscow, Russia shopping
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland