My eldest son is graduating from high school in June and his plans to travel with friends to Europe have fallen through with the other boys pulling out. So I am sacrificing myself (lol) and have offered to take him. And to be honest he's our eldest and going off to college next year and I am looking forward for spending this time alone especially since we have two younger sons. So it will only my son and myself. We are pretty laid back. We are not "foodies". As long as we have something to eat we are fine. We had considered taking a cruise but I'm on the fence with that. We have decicded London is a must and maybe Edinburg? But London for sure. Then what Paris? Italy? We can go anytime from mid June through the first week of August and we can go for up to 2 weeks. I have priced the possibility of flying into London. I have started looking at the rail routes and passes, the pass that covers several tourist attractions in London etc. as I said we are laid back. We enjoy history and just walking around and soaking up the local environment. We are open to any and all suggestions. We could make this easy and book a 14 night cruise that visits cities all over the UK (Scotland), Ireland and Normandy. Or a 7-10 day cruise and visit Rome, Venice etc. and then fly or take the train and visit London and Paris. Yet we both like the idea of spending more time in each city and taking the train to our next destination. Not to mention the 14 day cruise is fast paced and cost over $5200 granted that covers a lot of food breakfast, dinners and snacks but not excursions. With canceling the planned trip we are starting from scratch and I need all of the help and advice ASAP. And we want to be safe as possible. From where to start, budget, hotels, airfare tips (I already have several apps I use for travel). Please help : )
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 3 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 4 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 7 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 8 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 9 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 10 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 14 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 15 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 16 Quizz !
- 17 Iceland
- 18 Venice/Mestre
- 19 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 20 Our future trip to Greece
- 21 Russia in two weeks in December
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Christmas Day in Granada
- 24 car insurance italy
- 25 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona