My eldest son is graduating from high school in June and his plans to travel with friends to Europe have fallen through with the other boys pulling out. So I am sacrificing myself (lol) and have offered to take him. And to be honest he's our eldest and going off to college next year and I am looking forward for spending this time alone especially since we have two younger sons. So it will only my son and myself. We are pretty laid back. We are not "foodies". As long as we have something to eat we are fine. We had considered taking a cruise but I'm on the fence with that. We have decicded London is a must and maybe Edinburg? But London for sure. Then what Paris? Italy? We can go anytime from mid June through the first week of August and we can go for up to 2 weeks. I have priced the possibility of flying into London. I have started looking at the rail routes and passes, the pass that covers several tourist attractions in London etc. as I said we are laid back. We enjoy history and just walking around and soaking up the local environment. We are open to any and all suggestions. We could make this easy and book a 14 night cruise that visits cities all over the UK (Scotland), Ireland and Normandy. Or a 7-10 day cruise and visit Rome, Venice etc. and then fly or take the train and visit London and Paris. Yet we both like the idea of spending more time in each city and taking the train to our next destination. Not to mention the 14 day cruise is fast paced and cost over $5200 granted that covers a lot of food breakfast, dinners and snacks but not excursions. With canceling the planned trip we are starting from scratch and I need all of the help and advice ASAP. And we want to be safe as possible. From where to start, budget, hotels, airfare tips (I already have several apps I use for travel). Please help : )
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 2 Best layover option
- 3 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 4 Flights to Crete from NE coast of USA
- 5 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 6 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 7 Iceland car rental agencies
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 10 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 11 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 12 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 13 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 14 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 15 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 16 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 17 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 18 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 19 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 20 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 21 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 22 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 23 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 24 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 25 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?