We are taking our family to Europe for 6 months (we're from Canada) and because of the Schengen have to be in the UK for 3 of those months. We totally realize that Jan - March is still winter and are fully prepared to deal with lower temps. Our problem is trying to figure out how to plan the trip. Should we start in the UK (knowing that ti would be bitter cold and rainy) but then end with 3 months on the continent of Europe? France, Italy, Holland, etc would all be so beautiful then. So do we deal with the bitter cold of the UK in order to have the best of the other? Or do we start in Italy, Greece Spain or wherever has the mildest (although realizing not beach weather) temps and end in the UK where we would have nicer temps. But wondering if we will regret having mediocre weather for the Western Europe portion. Any advice? Again, fully realizing that no weather will be amazing in Jan/Feb just wondering what route might be best?
need advice on where to go Jan - Jun
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 2 European Quiz # 66 Monday
- 3 Scandinavian Tour
- 4 Photo Safari to the south of France, the Italian Rivera and the Swiss Alps
- 5 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 6 Ireland Cell Phones
- 7 Norway in June with parents.
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 10 Wedding in Italy
- 11 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 12 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 13 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 14 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 15 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 16 Visiting Anne Frank House
- 17 Staying in the Highlands
- 18 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 19 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 20 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 21 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 22 Where to stay in nice, arriving next week
- 23 Train tickets France and Spain
- 24 Hydra to Peloponnese to Zakynthos...a few questions
- 25 moderate price lodging in the Schliersee/Bavarian Alps area