We are taking our family to Europe for 6 months (we're from Canada) and because of the Schengen have to be in the UK for 3 of those months. We totally realize that Jan - March is still winter and are fully prepared to deal with lower temps. Our problem is trying to figure out how to plan the trip. Should we start in the UK (knowing that ti would be bitter cold and rainy) but then end with 3 months on the continent of Europe? France, Italy, Holland, etc would all be so beautiful then. So do we deal with the bitter cold of the UK in order to have the best of the other? Or do we start in Italy, Greece Spain or wherever has the mildest (although realizing not beach weather) temps and end in the UK where we would have nicer temps. But wondering if we will regret having mediocre weather for the Western Europe portion. Any advice? Again, fully realizing that no weather will be amazing in Jan/Feb just wondering what route might be best?
need advice on where to go Jan - Jun
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 2 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 3 Art in Paris
- 4 Too many Trip Reports
- 5 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 6 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 7 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 8 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 9 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 10 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 11 First trip to Iceland! Need help planning!
- 12 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 13 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 14 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 15 Hotels that we found special
- 16 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 17 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 18 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 19 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 20 Great London Bars with a view
- 21 Rome Food Tour
- 22 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 23 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 24 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 25 Rental car while in Ireland