We are taking our family to Europe for 6 months (we're from Canada) and because of the Schengen have to be in the UK for 3 of those months. We totally realize that Jan - March is still winter and are fully prepared to deal with lower temps. Our problem is trying to figure out how to plan the trip. Should we start in the UK (knowing that ti would be bitter cold and rainy) but then end with 3 months on the continent of Europe? France, Italy, Holland, etc would all be so beautiful then. So do we deal with the bitter cold of the UK in order to have the best of the other? Or do we start in Italy, Greece Spain or wherever has the mildest (although realizing not beach weather) temps and end in the UK where we would have nicer temps. But wondering if we will regret having mediocre weather for the Western Europe portion. Any advice? Again, fully realizing that no weather will be amazing in Jan/Feb just wondering what route might be best?
need advice on where to go Jan - Jun
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 2 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 3 Which european city?
- 4 Southern Spain
- 5 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 6 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 7 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 8 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 9 Scotland November 2015
- 10 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 11 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 12 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 13 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 14 All Set To Go!!
- 15 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 16 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 17 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 18 Italy Countryside
- 19 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 20 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 21 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 22 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 23 Germany in December 2015
- 24 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 25 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?