We are taking our family to Europe for 6 months (we're from Canada) and because of the Schengen have to be in the UK for 3 of those months. We totally realize that Jan - March is still winter and are fully prepared to deal with lower temps. Our problem is trying to figure out how to plan the trip. Should we start in the UK (knowing that ti would be bitter cold and rainy) but then end with 3 months on the continent of Europe? France, Italy, Holland, etc would all be so beautiful then. So do we deal with the bitter cold of the UK in order to have the best of the other? Or do we start in Italy, Greece Spain or wherever has the mildest (although realizing not beach weather) temps and end in the UK where we would have nicer temps. But wondering if we will regret having mediocre weather for the Western Europe portion. Any advice? Again, fully realizing that no weather will be amazing in Jan/Feb just wondering what route might be best?
need advice on where to go Jan - Jun
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 german rail ticket question
- 2 Fashion for larger man?
- 3 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 4 Arc de Triumph Question
- 5 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 6 Greek ferries
- 7 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 8 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 9 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 10 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 11 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 12 Prague flea markets
- 13 Madrid and London
- 14 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 15 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 16 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 17 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 18 Pegasus Airlines for domestic flights in Turkey. Luggage?
- 19 Monet in Normandy
- 20 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 21 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 22 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 23 Berlin flea markets during the week???
- 24 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 25 Trieste and Koper