We are taking our family to Europe for 6 months (we're from Canada) and because of the Schengen have to be in the UK for 3 of those months. We totally realize that Jan - March is still winter and are fully prepared to deal with lower temps. Our problem is trying to figure out how to plan the trip. Should we start in the UK (knowing that ti would be bitter cold and rainy) but then end with 3 months on the continent of Europe? France, Italy, Holland, etc would all be so beautiful then. So do we deal with the bitter cold of the UK in order to have the best of the other? Or do we start in Italy, Greece Spain or wherever has the mildest (although realizing not beach weather) temps and end in the UK where we would have nicer temps. But wondering if we will regret having mediocre weather for the Western Europe portion. Any advice? Again, fully realizing that no weather will be amazing in Jan/Feb just wondering what route might be best?
need advice on where to go Jan - Jun
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 2 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 3 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 4 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 5 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 6 Food tours in Rome?
- 7 Rome Food Tour
- 8 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 9 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 10 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 11 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 12 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 13 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 14 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 15 Italy and Croatia
- 16 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 17 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 18 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 19 Kimhe--flamenco
- 20 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 21 Autumn in Paris
- 22 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 23 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 24 England/EPL family vacation
- 25 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget