We are taking our family to Europe for 6 months (we're from Canada) and because of the Schengen have to be in the UK for 3 of those months. We totally realize that Jan - March is still winter and are fully prepared to deal with lower temps. Our problem is trying to figure out how to plan the trip. Should we start in the UK (knowing that ti would be bitter cold and rainy) but then end with 3 months on the continent of Europe? France, Italy, Holland, etc would all be so beautiful then. So do we deal with the bitter cold of the UK in order to have the best of the other? Or do we start in Italy, Greece Spain or wherever has the mildest (although realizing not beach weather) temps and end in the UK where we would have nicer temps. But wondering if we will regret having mediocre weather for the Western Europe portion. Any advice? Again, fully realizing that no weather will be amazing in Jan/Feb just wondering what route might be best?
need advice on where to go Jan - Jun
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 2 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 3 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 4 Naxos in May
- 5 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 6 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 7 Belfast to Scotland help
- 8 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 9 20 days in Germany
- 10 France, Italy and Greec
- 11 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 12 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 13 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 14 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 15 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 16 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 17 Portugal Alentejo's cante
- 18 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 19 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 20 help regarding removal firm in london
- 21 Dresden or Leipzig
- 22 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 23 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 24 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 25 Trains in Italy