We are taking our family to Europe for 6 months (we're from Canada) and because of the Schengen have to be in the UK for 3 of those months. We totally realize that Jan - March is still winter and are fully prepared to deal with lower temps. Our problem is trying to figure out how to plan the trip. Should we start in the UK (knowing that ti would be bitter cold and rainy) but then end with 3 months on the continent of Europe? France, Italy, Holland, etc would all be so beautiful then. So do we deal with the bitter cold of the UK in order to have the best of the other? Or do we start in Italy, Greece Spain or wherever has the mildest (although realizing not beach weather) temps and end in the UK where we would have nicer temps. But wondering if we will regret having mediocre weather for the Western Europe portion. Any advice? Again, fully realizing that no weather will be amazing in Jan/Feb just wondering what route might be best?
need advice on where to go Jan - Jun
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 2 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 3 Help With Vienna
- 4 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 5 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 6 What's the most economical way to see Dublin and London?
- 7 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 8 Trains in Europe
- 9 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 10 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 13 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 14 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 15 Netherlands and others
- 16 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 17 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 18 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 19 Raining in rome
- 20 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 21 Italian Lakes
- 22 Scenic train rides from Milan to Lucerne
- 23 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 24 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 25 A taste of Italy in 11 nights