We are taking our family to Europe for 6 months (we're from Canada) and because of the Schengen have to be in the UK for 3 of those months. We totally realize that Jan - March is still winter and are fully prepared to deal with lower temps. Our problem is trying to figure out how to plan the trip. Should we start in the UK (knowing that ti would be bitter cold and rainy) but then end with 3 months on the continent of Europe? France, Italy, Holland, etc would all be so beautiful then. So do we deal with the bitter cold of the UK in order to have the best of the other? Or do we start in Italy, Greece Spain or wherever has the mildest (although realizing not beach weather) temps and end in the UK where we would have nicer temps. But wondering if we will regret having mediocre weather for the Western Europe portion. Any advice? Again, fully realizing that no weather will be amazing in Jan/Feb just wondering what route might be best?
need advice on where to go Jan - Jun
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Change in Travel
- 2 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 3 Need help with our itinerary
- 4 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 5 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 6 Sintra - How to avoid steep uphill walking
- 7 Suggestions for very cheap cell phone?
- 8 A week in Paris
- 9 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 10 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 11 Layover in Paris...need a suggestion on my hotel.
- 12 Plitvice Lakes - One Night or Two?
- 13 Question about tying Pech Merle into Dordogne itinerary
- 14 Is Capri overrated?
- 15 What is required photo size for Navigo Decouverte please
- 16 Randolph Hotel on fire
- 17 9 days on amalfi coast
- 18 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 19 North Coast Cornwall Walks
- 20 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 21 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 22 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 23 suggested itinerary for San Sebastion & Bilbao
- 24 London, Amsterdam, Munich, and Barcelona in 17 days?
- 25 Switzerland - Lucerne & 2 nights