We are taking our family to Europe for 6 months (we're from Canada) and because of the Schengen have to be in the UK for 3 of those months. We totally realize that Jan - March is still winter and are fully prepared to deal with lower temps. Our problem is trying to figure out how to plan the trip. Should we start in the UK (knowing that ti would be bitter cold and rainy) but then end with 3 months on the continent of Europe? France, Italy, Holland, etc would all be so beautiful then. So do we deal with the bitter cold of the UK in order to have the best of the other? Or do we start in Italy, Greece Spain or wherever has the mildest (although realizing not beach weather) temps and end in the UK where we would have nicer temps. But wondering if we will regret having mediocre weather for the Western Europe portion. Any advice? Again, fully realizing that no weather will be amazing in Jan/Feb just wondering what route might be best?
need advice on where to go Jan - Jun
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 2 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 3 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 4 Hotel in Venice
- 5 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 6 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 7 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 8 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 9 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 13 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 14 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?
- 15 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 18 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 19 Day trip from London to Paris
- 20 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 21 Barcelona to Girona: Rent a Car or just take the train?
- 22 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 23 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 24 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 25 Dare I ask a Transportation Question?