We are taking our family to Europe for 6 months (we're from Canada) and because of the Schengen have to be in the UK for 3 of those months. We totally realize that Jan - March is still winter and are fully prepared to deal with lower temps. Our problem is trying to figure out how to plan the trip. Should we start in the UK (knowing that ti would be bitter cold and rainy) but then end with 3 months on the continent of Europe? France, Italy, Holland, etc would all be so beautiful then. So do we deal with the bitter cold of the UK in order to have the best of the other? Or do we start in Italy, Greece Spain or wherever has the mildest (although realizing not beach weather) temps and end in the UK where we would have nicer temps. But wondering if we will regret having mediocre weather for the Western Europe portion. Any advice? Again, fully realizing that no weather will be amazing in Jan/Feb just wondering what route might be best?
need advice on where to go Jan - Jun
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 2 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 3 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 4 Day trip from Barcelona? Single female
- 5 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 6 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 7 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 8 2 full days in Paris
- 9 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 10 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 11 Terrorism in Europe
- 12 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 13 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como
- 14 Greece - Sailing in Santorini
- 15 Hiking the Gap of Dunloe
- 16 Wernigerode and The Harz - Where to base oneself?
- 17 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 18 Bamberg and Environs - 9 nights
- 19 Poland (Krakow)/ Prague from Leipzig
- 20 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 21 Which town to choose for lodging in Cinque Terre
- 22 Cinque Terre - which town to stay in & suggest a hotel?
- 23 Spain and Portugal Trip Help
- 24 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 25 Night Train - Need help