We are taking our family to Europe for 6 months (we're from Canada) and because of the Schengen have to be in the UK for 3 of those months. We totally realize that Jan - March is still winter and are fully prepared to deal with lower temps. Our problem is trying to figure out how to plan the trip. Should we start in the UK (knowing that ti would be bitter cold and rainy) but then end with 3 months on the continent of Europe? France, Italy, Holland, etc would all be so beautiful then. So do we deal with the bitter cold of the UK in order to have the best of the other? Or do we start in Italy, Greece Spain or wherever has the mildest (although realizing not beach weather) temps and end in the UK where we would have nicer temps. But wondering if we will regret having mediocre weather for the Western Europe portion. Any advice? Again, fully realizing that no weather will be amazing in Jan/Feb just wondering what route might be best?
need advice on where to go Jan - Jun
View all Europe activity »
- 1 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 2 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 3 Novels set in Greece
- 4 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 5 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 6 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 9 Planning a holiday
- 10 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 11 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 12 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 13 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 14 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 15 15 days in Europe,
- 16 Medieval Tallinn
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 19 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 20 Need help planning a trip for 2 18 year old girls
- 21 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 22 Milan to Venice on Trenitalia for as little as 9 Euros
- 23 Spain - Andalucia
- 24 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 25 After Helsinki, where to next?