My husband and i are starting to plan our trip to Europe for Summer 2013. We plan on visiting, London, Paris, and Bernese Oberland/Switzerland area for 17 days. Here's our itinerary so far
Day 1- Fly from MIA to LHR
Day 2 to 4- London
Day 5- Train from London to Paris
Day 6 to 10- Paris
Day 11- Train from Paris to Lauterbrunnen
Day 12 to 16- Lauterbrunnen
Day 17- Train to Zurich Airport, fly Zurich to MIA
I've already narrowed down a few hotels in all three areas, but my question is trying to figure out what would be the best and most economical train passes to buy? Should i buy a 3 country pass? Although i understand the pass is not valid between London and Paris. So should i get a 2 country pass (France/Switzerland)? But then i read that the Swiss pass is the best...so what should i do? Can the swiss pass be used for the trains/cablecars in the Lauterbrunnen area (Murren, Wengen, Interlaken, Jungfraujoch)? There are just so many options and im not sure where to start looking, so would love your thoughts/suggestions on the best train passes we should buy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 2 Help on ancient history route
- 3 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 4 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 5 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 3 days solo in London
- 8 Chania
- 9 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 10 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 13 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 14 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 15 Studying art in English in venice
- 16 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 17 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 18 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 19 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 20 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 21 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 24 French language immersion schools in France
- 25 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries