My husband and i are starting to plan our trip to Europe for Summer 2013. We plan on visiting, London, Paris, and Bernese Oberland/Switzerland area for 17 days. Here's our itinerary so far
Day 1- Fly from MIA to LHR
Day 2 to 4- London
Day 5- Train from London to Paris
Day 6 to 10- Paris
Day 11- Train from Paris to Lauterbrunnen
Day 12 to 16- Lauterbrunnen
Day 17- Train to Zurich Airport, fly Zurich to MIA
I've already narrowed down a few hotels in all three areas, but my question is trying to figure out what would be the best and most economical train passes to buy? Should i buy a 3 country pass? Although i understand the pass is not valid between London and Paris. So should i get a 2 country pass (France/Switzerland)? But then i read that the Swiss pass is the best...so what should i do? Can the swiss pass be used for the trains/cablecars in the Lauterbrunnen area (Murren, Wengen, Interlaken, Jungfraujoch)? There are just so many options and im not sure where to start looking, so would love your thoughts/suggestions on the best train passes we should buy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 2 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 3 Germany family road trip help!
- 4 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 5 Rouen Tour Companies
- 6 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 9 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 10 What do after Bernia Express?
- 11 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 12 Info request: Road Trip Naples to Bari-Part 2
- 13 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 14 First time in London
- 15 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 16 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 17 Self drive tour companies
- 18 scotland
- 19 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Ischia
- 22 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 23 Barcelona
- 24 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 25 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe