My husband and i are starting to plan our trip to Europe for Summer 2013. We plan on visiting, London, Paris, and Bernese Oberland/Switzerland area for 17 days. Here's our itinerary so far
Day 1- Fly from MIA to LHR
Day 2 to 4- London
Day 5- Train from London to Paris
Day 6 to 10- Paris
Day 11- Train from Paris to Lauterbrunnen
Day 12 to 16- Lauterbrunnen
Day 17- Train to Zurich Airport, fly Zurich to MIA
I've already narrowed down a few hotels in all three areas, but my question is trying to figure out what would be the best and most economical train passes to buy? Should i buy a 3 country pass? Although i understand the pass is not valid between London and Paris. So should i get a 2 country pass (France/Switzerland)? But then i read that the Swiss pass is the best...so what should i do? Can the swiss pass be used for the trains/cablecars in the Lauterbrunnen area (Murren, Wengen, Interlaken, Jungfraujoch)? There are just so many options and im not sure where to start looking, so would love your thoughts/suggestions on the best train passes we should buy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 3 Norwegian Air?
- 4 Highclare Castle
- 5 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 6 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 7 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 8 Salzburg itinerary review
- 9 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 10 What's up with the showers in Europe??
- 11 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 12 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 13 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 14 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 15 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 16 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 17 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 18 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 19 Spain: train/rental car help
- 20 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 21 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 22 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 23 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017