I'll be in London for five nights/4 days late July/early August. I created a thread and received great information on some nice hotels, but I'm unclear about the scene/energy of these neighborhoods. The Nadler in Soho looks like a great place as does the Coventry Garden Hotel and a few in Bloomsbury and Mayfair. I'll be going to the major museums in the day, starting with the British Museum, a few theatre shows at night, and I enjoy staying in places with a neighborhood feel, that's artistic, has nice quality stores, and is less touristy and more London local. I do like to jog in the early mornings, and I join a local gym wherever I stay. I like to immerse myself in the neighborhood instead of living so much at the hotel. I don't mind some crowds, but I'm not keen on them 24/7. If anyone is familiar with Paris, I choose St. Germain over the 8th or Le Marais. If there is a similar type of neighborhood in London, I'd be interested in knowing.
Can anyone weigh in on these areas, the hotel choices I've listed, and perhaps offer suggestions?
I thank you all for your time and suggestions. I look forward to hearing what you have to say.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 2 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 Itinerary Tweaking
- 5 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 6 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 7 Amalfi Coast help
- 8 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 9 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 10 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 11 Itinerary Help
- 12 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 13 House Hunting in France
- 14 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 15 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 16 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 17 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 20 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 21 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 22 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 23 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 24 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 25 Portugal with large family
Need Advice London - Soho, Mayfair, Covent Garden Bloomsbury