I'll be in London for five nights/4 days late July/early August. I created a thread and received great information on some nice hotels, but I'm unclear about the scene/energy of these neighborhoods. The Nadler in Soho looks like a great place as does the Coventry Garden Hotel and a few in Bloomsbury and Mayfair. I'll be going to the major museums in the day, starting with the British Museum, a few theatre shows at night, and I enjoy staying in places with a neighborhood feel, that's artistic, has nice quality stores, and is less touristy and more London local. I do like to jog in the early mornings, and I join a local gym wherever I stay. I like to immerse myself in the neighborhood instead of living so much at the hotel. I don't mind some crowds, but I'm not keen on them 24/7. If anyone is familiar with Paris, I choose St. Germain over the 8th or Le Marais. If there is a similar type of neighborhood in London, I'd be interested in knowing.
Can anyone weigh in on these areas, the hotel choices I've listed, and perhaps offer suggestions?
I thank you all for your time and suggestions. I look forward to hearing what you have to say.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 2 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 5 Paris hotels
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Roma Pass
- 8 Trek through Eur
- 9 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 10 Budapest in December 2017
- 11 Amsterdam hotels
- 12 Denmark or Sweden?
- 13 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 14 Europe itinerary questions
- 15 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 16 London Hotels
- 17 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 We're here!
- 20 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 21 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 24 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 25 Which airport for Bellagio?
Need Advice London - Soho, Mayfair, Covent Garden Bloomsbury