I'll be in London for five nights/4 days late July/early August. I created a thread and received great information on some nice hotels, but I'm unclear about the scene/energy of these neighborhoods. The Nadler in Soho looks like a great place as does the Coventry Garden Hotel and a few in Bloomsbury and Mayfair. I'll be going to the major museums in the day, starting with the British Museum, a few theatre shows at night, and I enjoy staying in places with a neighborhood feel, that's artistic, has nice quality stores, and is less touristy and more London local. I do like to jog in the early mornings, and I join a local gym wherever I stay. I like to immerse myself in the neighborhood instead of living so much at the hotel. I don't mind some crowds, but I'm not keen on them 24/7. If anyone is familiar with Paris, I choose St. Germain over the 8th or Le Marais. If there is a similar type of neighborhood in London, I'd be interested in knowing.
Can anyone weigh in on these areas, the hotel choices I've listed, and perhaps offer suggestions?
I thank you all for your time and suggestions. I look forward to hearing what you have to say.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 3 Greek fuel cost
- 4 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 5 Walking itinerary in England?
- 6 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 7 First time in Bulgaria
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 11 Self drive tour companies
- 12 Cambridge in May
- 13 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 14 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 15 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 16 Madrid/Lisbon
- 17 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 18 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 19 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 20 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 21 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 22 Day trips from Florence
- 23 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 24 May get together in Paris
- 25 A few days in Naples - what a great city
Need Advice London - Soho, Mayfair, Covent Garden Bloomsbury