I'm planning on picking up a Volvo on or about 15 Feb 2011. I will be spending 3 nights in Gothenburg and then 3 nights in Stockholm. I will not be driving, transportation will be provided by Volvo overseas delivery. I was plan on going to Copenhagen for three days, but have been there before and would like to see something new. I am considering taking a ship to Helsinki and spending a night or two there, then traveling to Tallinn for a day, then catching a ship back to Stockholm. My wife and I are fairly used to travel in the cold, but I am a little concerned the weather may be too miserable to enjoy Helsinki and Tallinn. While in Helsinki, I would like to visit Suomenlinna and will be walking around to the sights; Temppeliaukio Church, Lutheran Cathedral, ect. Same thing in Tallinn, walking around to see the sights. Does anyone think the weather will be too cold to enjoy the sights? Will parts of the Baltic be frozen? Any chance Stockholm-Helsinki-Tallin ships/ferries will be canceled because the weather is too bad? Should I be prepared to walk in snow and ice? I know what the travel books say, but would like to hear from someone who has experienced February in Scandinavia.
Need advice from a Scandinavian
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 2 Augsburg with kids
- 3 train to Vernon France
- 4 Car service w/ baby car seat: London & Paris
- 5 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 6 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 7 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 8 Hotel in Venice
- 9 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 10 Getting married planning 6-8 week honeymoon in Europe & need YOUR advice!
- 11 A drive in Europe
- 12 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 13 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 14 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 15 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 16 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 17 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 18 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 19 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 20 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 21 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 22 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 23 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 24 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 25 St Pancras to Holburn tube station