I'm planning on picking up a Volvo on or about 15 Feb 2011. I will be spending 3 nights in Gothenburg and then 3 nights in Stockholm. I will not be driving, transportation will be provided by Volvo overseas delivery. I was plan on going to Copenhagen for three days, but have been there before and would like to see something new. I am considering taking a ship to Helsinki and spending a night or two there, then traveling to Tallinn for a day, then catching a ship back to Stockholm. My wife and I are fairly used to travel in the cold, but I am a little concerned the weather may be too miserable to enjoy Helsinki and Tallinn. While in Helsinki, I would like to visit Suomenlinna and will be walking around to the sights; Temppeliaukio Church, Lutheran Cathedral, ect. Same thing in Tallinn, walking around to see the sights. Does anyone think the weather will be too cold to enjoy the sights? Will parts of the Baltic be frozen? Any chance Stockholm-Helsinki-Tallin ships/ferries will be canceled because the weather is too bad? Should I be prepared to walk in snow and ice? I know what the travel books say, but would like to hear from someone who has experienced February in Scandinavia.
Need advice from a Scandinavian
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 2 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 5 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 6 Town in southwest Ireland to serve as a home base
- 7 London for Christmas
- 8 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 9 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 10 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 11 Cinque Terre Trails Condition Report
- 12 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 15 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 16 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 17 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 18 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 19 Novels set in Greece
- 20 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 21 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 22 Planning a holiday
- 23 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!