I'm planning on picking up a Volvo on or about 15 Feb 2011. I will be spending 3 nights in Gothenburg and then 3 nights in Stockholm. I will not be driving, transportation will be provided by Volvo overseas delivery. I was plan on going to Copenhagen for three days, but have been there before and would like to see something new. I am considering taking a ship to Helsinki and spending a night or two there, then traveling to Tallinn for a day, then catching a ship back to Stockholm. My wife and I are fairly used to travel in the cold, but I am a little concerned the weather may be too miserable to enjoy Helsinki and Tallinn. While in Helsinki, I would like to visit Suomenlinna and will be walking around to the sights; Temppeliaukio Church, Lutheran Cathedral, ect. Same thing in Tallinn, walking around to see the sights. Does anyone think the weather will be too cold to enjoy the sights? Will parts of the Baltic be frozen? Any chance Stockholm-Helsinki-Tallin ships/ferries will be canceled because the weather is too bad? Should I be prepared to walk in snow and ice? I know what the travel books say, but would like to hear from someone who has experienced February in Scandinavia.
Need advice from a Scandinavian
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 2 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 3 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours
- 4 Cotswolds village base
- 5 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 6 Portugal end of August - Barcelos - clothing?
- 7 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 8 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 9 Should I book train tickets before I arrive in Switzerland ?
- 10 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 11 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 12 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 13 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 14 Does this itinerary work and make sense? Help!
- 15 Netherlands Delta Works
- 16 Southern Italy without a Car
- 17 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 18 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 19 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 20 Hotel in Rome?
- 21 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 22 Visit to Bath and London england
- 23 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 24 Bus to Vietri Sul Mare?
- 25 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up