I'm planning on picking up a Volvo on or about 15 Feb 2011. I will be spending 3 nights in Gothenburg and then 3 nights in Stockholm. I will not be driving, transportation will be provided by Volvo overseas delivery. I was plan on going to Copenhagen for three days, but have been there before and would like to see something new. I am considering taking a ship to Helsinki and spending a night or two there, then traveling to Tallinn for a day, then catching a ship back to Stockholm. My wife and I are fairly used to travel in the cold, but I am a little concerned the weather may be too miserable to enjoy Helsinki and Tallinn. While in Helsinki, I would like to visit Suomenlinna and will be walking around to the sights; Temppeliaukio Church, Lutheran Cathedral, ect. Same thing in Tallinn, walking around to see the sights. Does anyone think the weather will be too cold to enjoy the sights? Will parts of the Baltic be frozen? Any chance Stockholm-Helsinki-Tallin ships/ferries will be canceled because the weather is too bad? Should I be prepared to walk in snow and ice? I know what the travel books say, but would like to hear from someone who has experienced February in Scandinavia.
Need advice from a Scandinavian
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 3 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 4 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 5 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 6 Which european city?
- 7 Southern Spain
- 8 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 9 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 10 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 11 Scotland November 2015
- 12 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 13 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 14 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 15 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 16 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 17 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 18 Italy Countryside
- 19 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 20 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 21 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 22 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 23 Germany in December 2015
- 24 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 25 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?