I'm planning on picking up a Volvo on or about 15 Feb 2011. I will be spending 3 nights in Gothenburg and then 3 nights in Stockholm. I will not be driving, transportation will be provided by Volvo overseas delivery. I was plan on going to Copenhagen for three days, but have been there before and would like to see something new. I am considering taking a ship to Helsinki and spending a night or two there, then traveling to Tallinn for a day, then catching a ship back to Stockholm. My wife and I are fairly used to travel in the cold, but I am a little concerned the weather may be too miserable to enjoy Helsinki and Tallinn. While in Helsinki, I would like to visit Suomenlinna and will be walking around to the sights; Temppeliaukio Church, Lutheran Cathedral, ect. Same thing in Tallinn, walking around to see the sights. Does anyone think the weather will be too cold to enjoy the sights? Will parts of the Baltic be frozen? Any chance Stockholm-Helsinki-Tallin ships/ferries will be canceled because the weather is too bad? Should I be prepared to walk in snow and ice? I know what the travel books say, but would like to hear from someone who has experienced February in Scandinavia.
Need advice from a Scandinavian
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 2 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 3 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 4 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 5 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 6 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 7 Paris and where else?
- 8 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 9 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 10 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 11 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 12 Eleanor's Pages
- 13 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 14 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 15 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 16 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 17 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 18 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 19 Internet or travel agent?
- 20 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 21 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 22 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 23 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 24 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 25 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience