Any advice to get started on a trip to Italy, etc? Total newbie..have no idea where to start. I hear that September/October are good months to visit, due to less traffic, cooler weather. My spouse and I would like to go before we get too old to enjoy it! Looking at maybe a 3 week timeframe for travel time and enjoyment. We like nice hotels, but they don't have to be extravagant. He has a bad back, so comfort is of some concern. He is a glass artist and wants to see some great art and glass work. Any tips on what my first plan should be? We'd like to plan starting now and take a trip next September ( a year or so from now). Any suggestions on which areas not to miss? Lots of questions. Thanks for any help getting started. I'm 44 and he's 56. I am physically fit but he has to rest some due to his back. Would also like ideas on where to fly into, where to fly out of for coming home. We live in Seattle.
Need advice for a travel newbie!! Italy, Murano (?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 2 Anybody in Amalfi right now? Weather?
- 3 British English
- 4 August highway traffic problems in Italy???
- 5 Vacation Rental Home near Barcelona with 8 bed/8 bath help
- 6 Spain for 7 days
- 7 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 8 Southern Italy, Pompeii and where to stay
- 9 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids
- 10 London: Open-Air Winter Swimming...Take the Plunge!
- 11 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 12 Passport Delays
- 13 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 14 Brugge photo on Bing
- 15 A town in France for a month
- 16 Feedback on Italian Language Courses in Bologna
- 17 How do I use a SIM card in Spain and Portugal?
- 18 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 19 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 21 Spending money in Italy?
- 22 A week in Basque Country: Bilbao, San Sebastian, Biarritz
- 23 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 24 Normandy in October
- 25 Thanks to Fodorites for help planning Paris/London trip