Any advice to get started on a trip to Italy, etc? Total newbie..have no idea where to start. I hear that September/October are good months to visit, due to less traffic, cooler weather. My spouse and I would like to go before we get too old to enjoy it! Looking at maybe a 3 week timeframe for travel time and enjoyment. We like nice hotels, but they don't have to be extravagant. He has a bad back, so comfort is of some concern. He is a glass artist and wants to see some great art and glass work. Any tips on what my first plan should be? We'd like to plan starting now and take a trip next September ( a year or so from now). Any suggestions on which areas not to miss? Lots of questions. Thanks for any help getting started. I'm 44 and he's 56. I am physically fit but he has to rest some due to his back. Would also like ideas on where to fly into, where to fly out of for coming home. We live in Seattle.
Need advice for a travel newbie!! Italy, Murano (?)
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Channel Islands
- 2 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 5 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 6 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 7 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 8 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 9 Barcelona Transfers
- 10 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 11 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 12 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 13 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 14 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 15 Ireland in a week
- 16 Spain - Andalucia
- 17 TGV and Provence questions
- 18 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 19 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 20 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 21 2 Week European Itinerary
- 22 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 23 Car in Prague
- 24 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 25 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?