I'm planning a 10 - 11 day trip to Paris and Switzerland with my wife in early May.
I'm looking for advice on planning my trip.
Day 1 - arrive at Zurich airport from DC, USA. Check in at a hotel.
Which hotels would you recommend?
Day 2 - Day trip in Zurich.
Day 3 - Check-out Zurich hotel and take a train to Murren.
Check-in at Eiger Guesthouse, Murren and use this as a base for Bernese Oberland region.
Day trip around Murren.
Day 4 - Day trip to Interlaken & Spiez
Day 5 - Day trip to Jungfrau region
Day 6 - Check-out Eiger Guesthouse and take train to Paris.
Check-in at Paris hotel.
Which region / hotel would you recommend?
Day 7 - Eiffel Tower and .....?
Day 8 - Louvre and .... ?
Day 9 - Musse d'Orsay and .....?
Day 10 - Notre Dame Cathedral and ....?
Day 11 - Catch a plane at Paris & go home.
Information about us:
Budget - I'm comfortable spending around $300 per day on accommodations.
We are in late our 20s.
I'm a photographer. In Switzerland, we would like to see the spots which would have great views.
1) Am I better off (weather & airfare wise) flying into Zurich and out of Paris or the other way around?
2) I'm planning to take 4 day Swiss pass and use this from Day3 - Day6.
Is there any pass which would be better for me for trains?
3) Can you recommend a hotel with reasonable prices in Zurich which is centrally located?
4) What should I visiting in Zurich?
5) Can you recommend a hotel in Paris ? How about Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel ?
6) Would a metro pass cover all my transportation in Paris?
7) What should be I be covering on Day 7, 8, 9 and 10 in Paris?
FYI - Not interested in Disney. See enough of it in Orlando
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome or Venice first
- 2 An evening in London
- 3 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 6 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 7 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 8 Europe First Timers
- 9 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 10 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 11 Chur or St Moritz?
- 12 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 13 Itinerary review: Croatia/Italy
- 14 Safety in Rome
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 19 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 20 Athens Help
- 21 Uber vs. TfL
- 22 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 23 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 24 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 25 Apartment Montreux area