I'm planning a 10 - 11 day trip to Paris and Switzerland with my wife in early May.
I'm looking for advice on planning my trip.
Day 1 - arrive at Zurich airport from DC, USA. Check in at a hotel.
Which hotels would you recommend?
Day 2 - Day trip in Zurich.
Day 3 - Check-out Zurich hotel and take a train to Murren.
Check-in at Eiger Guesthouse, Murren and use this as a base for Bernese Oberland region.
Day trip around Murren.
Day 4 - Day trip to Interlaken & Spiez
Day 5 - Day trip to Jungfrau region
Day 6 - Check-out Eiger Guesthouse and take train to Paris.
Check-in at Paris hotel.
Which region / hotel would you recommend?
Day 7 - Eiffel Tower and .....?
Day 8 - Louvre and .... ?
Day 9 - Musse d'Orsay and .....?
Day 10 - Notre Dame Cathedral and ....?
Day 11 - Catch a plane at Paris & go home.
Information about us:
Budget - I'm comfortable spending around $300 per day on accommodations.
We are in late our 20s.
I'm a photographer. In Switzerland, we would like to see the spots which would have great views.
1) Am I better off (weather & airfare wise) flying into Zurich and out of Paris or the other way around?
2) I'm planning to take 4 day Swiss pass and use this from Day3 - Day6.
Is there any pass which would be better for me for trains?
3) Can you recommend a hotel with reasonable prices in Zurich which is centrally located?
4) What should I visiting in Zurich?
5) Can you recommend a hotel in Paris ? How about Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel ?
6) Would a metro pass cover all my transportation in Paris?
7) What should be I be covering on Day 7, 8, 9 and 10 in Paris?
FYI - Not interested in Disney. See enough of it in Orlando
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 2 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 3 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 4 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 5 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 6 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 7 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 8 Iceland trip report!
- 9 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 10 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 11 Bernese Oberland
- 12 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 13 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 14 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 15 Couscous
- 16 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 17 15 days in Denmark / Sweden in May 17
- 18 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 19 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 20 Denmark or Sweden?
- 21 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 22 Moscow Favorites
- 23 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 24 TIM in FCO - update
- 25 Life's most embarrassing moments