I'm planning a 10 - 11 day trip to Paris and Switzerland with my wife in early May.
I'm looking for advice on planning my trip.
Day 1 - arrive at Zurich airport from DC, USA. Check in at a hotel.
Which hotels would you recommend?
Day 2 - Day trip in Zurich.
Day 3 - Check-out Zurich hotel and take a train to Murren.
Check-in at Eiger Guesthouse, Murren and use this as a base for Bernese Oberland region.
Day trip around Murren.
Day 4 - Day trip to Interlaken & Spiez
Day 5 - Day trip to Jungfrau region
Day 6 - Check-out Eiger Guesthouse and take train to Paris.
Check-in at Paris hotel.
Which region / hotel would you recommend?
Day 7 - Eiffel Tower and .....?
Day 8 - Louvre and .... ?
Day 9 - Musse d'Orsay and .....?
Day 10 - Notre Dame Cathedral and ....?
Day 11 - Catch a plane at Paris & go home.
Information about us:
Budget - I'm comfortable spending around $300 per day on accommodations.
We are in late our 20s.
I'm a photographer. In Switzerland, we would like to see the spots which would have great views.
1) Am I better off (weather & airfare wise) flying into Zurich and out of Paris or the other way around?
2) I'm planning to take 4 day Swiss pass and use this from Day3 - Day6.
Is there any pass which would be better for me for trains?
3) Can you recommend a hotel with reasonable prices in Zurich which is centrally located?
4) What should I visiting in Zurich?
5) Can you recommend a hotel in Paris ? How about Le 123 Sebastopol - Astotel ?
6) Would a metro pass cover all my transportation in Paris?
7) What should be I be covering on Day 7, 8, 9 and 10 in Paris?
FYI - Not interested in Disney. See enough of it in Orlando
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 driving from prague to salzburg
- 2 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 3 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 4 We're here!
- 5 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 6 Versailles
- 7 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 10 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 11 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 12 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 13 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 14 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 15 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 16 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 17 Germany train help!
- 18 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 19 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 20 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Acorn TV
- 23 Train help for Prague
- 24 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 25 Sicily