Please be patient with me. I have never travelled outside of North America. I could really use some advice for a trip to Europe I would like to take in May with my two teen daughters. We only have two weeks to work with and we may never get back there again, so we need to choose wisely.
I don't find the planning of a trip fun like I know some people do. I find it overwhelming. For this reason I think we may go on a Globus trip for some of the time so I know my girls' trip will run smoothly. BUT I thought we should try to tack on a couple of days to be in Scotland, specifically Edinburgh before we need to be in London.
So, my question is: Can anyone suggest a nice, reasonably priced hotel in Edinburgh close enough to the castle so we could walk? Can anyone suggest any other tours or places we should see if we only have two days in Edinburgh? Finally, I think we would like to take a train from Edinburgh to London. Any suggestions on this??
Thank you very much. I hope to hear from some of you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Escorted tours Norway
- 2 credit and debit cards
- 3 Best Tour to see Pisa and Cinque Terra
- 4 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 5 Romans Lament Changing Yellow Lights to
- 6 Help with basic itinerary
- 7 favorite app for converting US $$
- 8 One week in London with kids
- 9 Charming areas to explore in London
- 10 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 11 Light weight small converter?
- 12 One Day in Vienna
- 13 Wake Up Mods
- 14 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 15 San Gimignano area of Italy
- 16 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 17 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 18 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 19 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 20 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 21 a week in Lombardia
- 22 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 23 Hotels in Florence
- 24 Trip in September
- 25 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?