Please be patient with me. I have never travelled outside of North America. I could really use some advice for a trip to Europe I would like to take in May with my two teen daughters. We only have two weeks to work with and we may never get back there again, so we need to choose wisely.
I don't find the planning of a trip fun like I know some people do. I find it overwhelming. For this reason I think we may go on a Globus trip for some of the time so I know my girls' trip will run smoothly. BUT I thought we should try to tack on a couple of days to be in Scotland, specifically Edinburgh before we need to be in London.
So, my question is: Can anyone suggest a nice, reasonably priced hotel in Edinburgh close enough to the castle so we could walk? Can anyone suggest any other tours or places we should see if we only have two days in Edinburgh? Finally, I think we would like to take a train from Edinburgh to London. Any suggestions on this??
Thank you very much. I hope to hear from some of you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 2 Spain in July
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 5 We're here!
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Where to enjoy Paris
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 10 10 days in Paris and......
- 11 Prague Christmas Markets and Christmas mass
- 12 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 13 Athens
- 14 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 15 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 16 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 17 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 18 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 19 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 20 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 21 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 22 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 23 Budapest & Prague
- 24 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 25 Destination from London by train, advice please