Please be patient with me. I have never travelled outside of North America. I could really use some advice for a trip to Europe I would like to take in May with my two teen daughters. We only have two weeks to work with and we may never get back there again, so we need to choose wisely.
I don't find the planning of a trip fun like I know some people do. I find it overwhelming. For this reason I think we may go on a Globus trip for some of the time so I know my girls' trip will run smoothly. BUT I thought we should try to tack on a couple of days to be in Scotland, specifically Edinburgh before we need to be in London.
So, my question is: Can anyone suggest a nice, reasonably priced hotel in Edinburgh close enough to the castle so we could walk? Can anyone suggest any other tours or places we should see if we only have two days in Edinburgh? Finally, I think we would like to take a train from Edinburgh to London. Any suggestions on this??
Thank you very much. I hope to hear from some of you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1:888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT ☎ YAHOO TEC*h 24*7
- 2 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 3 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 4 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 5 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 6 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 7 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 8 Train Through Spain
- 9 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 10 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 11 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 12 Italy June 6-16
- 13 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 14 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 hill of crosses
- 18 Planning A trip
- 19 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 20 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 21 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 22 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 23 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 24 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice