This will be my first trip to Europe, and I am looking for an adventure-type trip. To give you a little background:
It will be just my husband and I, in our mid 20's. We enjoy hiking (but would not call ourselves 'hikers' - can only hike a couple miles at a time). We love excursions, like ATV riding, zip-lining, hang-gliding, etc.
I love stunning views, and enjoy taking pictures (it's the reason why I love hiking).
Would also love to see some history/castles/architecture and what not.
Things we don't like:
I could care less about the different food.
My husband get's motion sickness, and he also can't swim - so anything in the water is generally not good.
Neither of us can just sit on the beach and do nothing
My ideas so far:
Would love to see Mont Blanc and go hang-gliding.
Lake Como in italy looks like it might be nice too.
This will be 10-12 days in July/August.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! (also, let me know if there is more adventure in some other country, I don't have my heart set on which country I want to visit)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 2 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 3 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 4 First Zermatt Ski Trip
- 5 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 6 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 7 train from ams to paris
- 8 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 9 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 10 4 or 5 nights Berlin
- 11 Poland in September
- 12 Why I loved Riga (Latvia)
- 13 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 14 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 15 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 16 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 17 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 18 Help with my 9 week Europe Itinerary
- 19 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 20 Scotland Advise: Isle of Skye or Glen Coe
- 21 Cordoba or Granada?
- 22 Apartments in Lisbon-Neighbouhood?
- 23 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 24 Scenic drives in Tuscany
- 25 Using Kindle, Netflix, Amazon Prime in Europe
Need adventure trip idea - Eastern france, switzerland & italy