This will be my first trip to Europe, and I am looking for an adventure-type trip. To give you a little background:
It will be just my husband and I, in our mid 20's. We enjoy hiking (but would not call ourselves 'hikers' - can only hike a couple miles at a time). We love excursions, like ATV riding, zip-lining, hang-gliding, etc.
I love stunning views, and enjoy taking pictures (it's the reason why I love hiking).
Would also love to see some history/castles/architecture and what not.
Things we don't like:
I could care less about the different food.
My husband get's motion sickness, and he also can't swim - so anything in the water is generally not good.
Neither of us can just sit on the beach and do nothing
My ideas so far:
Would love to see Mont Blanc and go hang-gliding.
Lake Como in italy looks like it might be nice too.
This will be 10-12 days in July/August.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! (also, let me know if there is more adventure in some other country, I don't have my heart set on which country I want to visit)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 2 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 3 Car rental leaving Rome
- 4 Rotterdam in 1923
- 5 Stroller in Europe
- 6 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 7 Xmas windows in London
- 8 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 9 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 10 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 11 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 12 NEED HELP PLANNING SPAIN ITINERARY
- 13 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 14 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 15 Locauto Yes or No? or Europcar in Pisa
- 16 Romance written with help from Fodorites
- 17 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 18 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 19 Krakow on Christmas Day?
- 20 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 21 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 22 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 23 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 24 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 25 Holland/France/Spain
Need adventure trip idea - Eastern france, switzerland & italy