This will be my first trip to Europe, and I am looking for an adventure-type trip. To give you a little background:
It will be just my husband and I, in our mid 20's. We enjoy hiking (but would not call ourselves 'hikers' - can only hike a couple miles at a time). We love excursions, like ATV riding, zip-lining, hang-gliding, etc.
I love stunning views, and enjoy taking pictures (it's the reason why I love hiking).
Would also love to see some history/castles/architecture and what not.
Things we don't like:
I could care less about the different food.
My husband get's motion sickness, and he also can't swim - so anything in the water is generally not good.
Neither of us can just sit on the beach and do nothing
My ideas so far:
Would love to see Mont Blanc and go hang-gliding.
Lake Como in italy looks like it might be nice too.
This will be 10-12 days in July/August.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! (also, let me know if there is more adventure in some other country, I don't have my heart set on which country I want to visit)
Need adventure trip idea - Eastern france, switzerland & italy
- 1 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 2 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 3 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 4 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 5 Last monte Paris apartment
- 6 Wimpy's
- 7 Moonliner bus question - can you help please?
- 8 Vienna State Opera - possible for adult and child to switch seats?
- 9 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 10 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 11 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 12 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 13 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 14 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 15 jungfraujoch mid june
- 16 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 17 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 18 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 19 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 20 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 21 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 22 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 23 San Lorenzo Market
- 24 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 25 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy