This will be my first trip to Europe, and I am looking for an adventure-type trip. To give you a little background:
It will be just my husband and I, in our mid 20's. We enjoy hiking (but would not call ourselves 'hikers' - can only hike a couple miles at a time). We love excursions, like ATV riding, zip-lining, hang-gliding, etc.
I love stunning views, and enjoy taking pictures (it's the reason why I love hiking).
Would also love to see some history/castles/architecture and what not.
Things we don't like:
I could care less about the different food.
My husband get's motion sickness, and he also can't swim - so anything in the water is generally not good.
Neither of us can just sit on the beach and do nothing
My ideas so far:
Would love to see Mont Blanc and go hang-gliding.
Lake Como in italy looks like it might be nice too.
This will be 10-12 days in July/August.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! (also, let me know if there is more adventure in some other country, I don't have my heart set on which country I want to visit)
Need adventure trip idea - Eastern france, switzerland & italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 2 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 3 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 4 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 5 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 6 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 7 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 8 Sorrento - Positano- Amalfie- Revello- tour- by cab?
- 9 Should we take the Bernina Express or not? Other Suggestions??
- 10 Positano in high season???
- 11 Porto to Salamanca
- 12 Visiting Anne Frank House
- 13 Where to stay in Prague?
- 14 Tyrol - need general help
- 15 RER B & D change at G du Nord or Chatelet?
- 16 Please help me plan my trip!
- 17 Paris, One night for a foodie
- 18 Hotel in Lisbon
- 19 Looking for a Beach near Marseille Airport
- 20 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 21 Good Hostals or Hotels Budget to Moderate
- 22 Costa Brava for woman traveling alone in June
- 23 Greece and Turkey
- 24 moderate price lodging in the Schliersee/Bavarian Alps area
- 25 buying souviners and art