This will be my first trip to Europe, and I am looking for an adventure-type trip. To give you a little background:
It will be just my husband and I, in our mid 20's. We enjoy hiking (but would not call ourselves 'hikers' - can only hike a couple miles at a time). We love excursions, like ATV riding, zip-lining, hang-gliding, etc.
I love stunning views, and enjoy taking pictures (it's the reason why I love hiking).
Would also love to see some history/castles/architecture and what not.
Things we don't like:
I could care less about the different food.
My husband get's motion sickness, and he also can't swim - so anything in the water is generally not good.
Neither of us can just sit on the beach and do nothing
My ideas so far:
Would love to see Mont Blanc and go hang-gliding.
Lake Como in italy looks like it might be nice too.
This will be 10-12 days in July/August.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! (also, let me know if there is more adventure in some other country, I don't have my heart set on which country I want to visit)
Need adventure trip idea - Eastern france, switzerland & italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris + Provence advice - to extend or not to extend
- 2 Westport or Ballina in Co. Mayo?
- 3 Suggestions for a week in Europe
- 4 Greece for a month with a baby
- 5 Help! Overwhelmed by Italy Trip Planning
- 6 Biking from The Hague to Rotterdam
- 7 9 days in switzerland
- 8 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 9 Russian Visa Question
- 10 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 11 Grandhotel Giessbach in Switzerland
- 12 Camino No-No
- 13 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 14 Taormina & Mt Etna
- 15 travel insurance
- 16 ferry messina to reggio calabria
- 17 Recommended drivers for Tuscany
- 18 2 Days in Brussels
- 19 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 20 Monet's Giverny
- 21 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 22 Restaurants in San Sebastian
- 23 7 Days in Greece. Islands along with Athens ??
- 24 Munich Day Trips
- 25 Cookware in France