This will be my first trip to Europe, and I am looking for an adventure-type trip. To give you a little background:
It will be just my husband and I, in our mid 20's. We enjoy hiking (but would not call ourselves 'hikers' - can only hike a couple miles at a time). We love excursions, like ATV riding, zip-lining, hang-gliding, etc.
I love stunning views, and enjoy taking pictures (it's the reason why I love hiking).
Would also love to see some history/castles/architecture and what not.
Things we don't like:
I could care less about the different food.
My husband get's motion sickness, and he also can't swim - so anything in the water is generally not good.
Neither of us can just sit on the beach and do nothing
My ideas so far:
Would love to see Mont Blanc and go hang-gliding.
Lake Como in italy looks like it might be nice too.
This will be 10-12 days in July/August.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! (also, let me know if there is more adventure in some other country, I don't have my heart set on which country I want to visit)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 2 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 3 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 4 Ali
- 5 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 6 Drinks in Spain
- 7 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 8 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 9 Gelato course in Rome?
- 10 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 11 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 12 Too much for one day?
- 13 Travel WiFi - France
- 14 Norfolk base
- 15 Lipari to Capri??
- 16 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 17 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 18 Iceland Trip report
- 19 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 20 12 days europe
- 21 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 22 Spain Itinerary Help
- 23 RFID Protection
- 24 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 25 Glasgow and surrounding area help
Need adventure trip idea - Eastern france, switzerland & italy