This will be my first trip to Europe, and I am looking for an adventure-type trip. To give you a little background:
It will be just my husband and I, in our mid 20's. We enjoy hiking (but would not call ourselves 'hikers' - can only hike a couple miles at a time). We love excursions, like ATV riding, zip-lining, hang-gliding, etc.
I love stunning views, and enjoy taking pictures (it's the reason why I love hiking).
Would also love to see some history/castles/architecture and what not.
Things we don't like:
I could care less about the different food.
My husband get's motion sickness, and he also can't swim - so anything in the water is generally not good.
Neither of us can just sit on the beach and do nothing
My ideas so far:
Would love to see Mont Blanc and go hang-gliding.
Lake Como in italy looks like it might be nice too.
This will be 10-12 days in July/August.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! (also, let me know if there is more adventure in some other country, I don't have my heart set on which country I want to visit)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 2 Another Visit to London
- 3 Where can I get pre-euro banknotes?
- 4 Lucca to Florence with side trips
- 5 transfer from Eurostar to London hotel
- 6 Europe in Two Weeks, what is possible?
- 7 Five City European Vacation thru Groupon
- 8 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 9 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 10 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy
- 11 5 Days in Provence
- 12 3 days Venice to Paris
- 13 A 3rd destination to add to trip
- 14 Transportation from Gothenburg airport to the Center
- 15 Anyone travel with to Europe with ISE when they were in college?
- 16 Forints or Euros?
- 17 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz
- 18 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo
- 19 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 20 Bus fine Italy
- 21 Another question about the rouble.
- 22 Scenic Tuscan Restaurant for a Group
- 23 Britain Itinerary Suggestions
- 24 Gothenburg, Things to do for a teenager
- 25 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
Need adventure trip idea - Eastern france, switzerland & italy