This will be my first trip to Europe, and I am looking for an adventure-type trip. To give you a little background:
It will be just my husband and I, in our mid 20's. We enjoy hiking (but would not call ourselves 'hikers' - can only hike a couple miles at a time). We love excursions, like ATV riding, zip-lining, hang-gliding, etc.
I love stunning views, and enjoy taking pictures (it's the reason why I love hiking).
Would also love to see some history/castles/architecture and what not.
Things we don't like:
I could care less about the different food.
My husband get's motion sickness, and he also can't swim - so anything in the water is generally not good.
Neither of us can just sit on the beach and do nothing
My ideas so far:
Would love to see Mont Blanc and go hang-gliding.
Lake Como in italy looks like it might be nice too.
This will be 10-12 days in July/August.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! (also, let me know if there is more adventure in some other country, I don't have my heart set on which country I want to visit)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 2 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 3 Barcelona Itinerary
- 4 Texans Take a Tour
- 5 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 6 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 7 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 8 Lisbon
- 9 Count Dracula invites you to Transylvania!
- 10 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 11 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 12 One night in Amsterdam?
- 13 barcelona
- 14 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 15 A plethora of islands
- 16 Referendum in Greece
- 17 Place to stay--Ring of Kerry and Aran Islands
- 18 10 days in spain
- 19 London to Edinburgh transportation
- 20 Bergen Tour.Any suggestion pls.
- 21 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 22 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 23 Jewelry in Bologna, Italy
- 24 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 25 Switzeraland Iternary
Need adventure trip idea - Eastern france, switzerland & italy