Hi - my husband and I are taking a 5-day River cruise between 18-22 dec, 2011. We will end the trip in Frankfurt. We fly out of Zurich on Dec 26th. We have rented a car in Frankfurt. My question is - other than Rhotenburg (which we have been to several times), can anyone recommend a town that would be ideal for spending Christmas Eve and Day. We are concerned that we will be virtually abandoned in a hotel if everything shuts down. Also, what are the must-see towns along the way? Augsburg? Thank you in advance for any advise you can offer us. Sincerely, BarbaraGinNC/USA
Need a town along Romantic Road to spend Christmas Eve/Day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 2 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 3 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 4 Last night in Italy advice
- 5 30 day Multi-Country Europe Trip in June- PLEASE HELP WITH ITINERARY!!!
- 6 Base in Puglia: Ostuni or Locorotondo
- 7 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 8 Europe Itinerary
- 9 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 10 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 11 Three Week Graduation Trip to Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, and Paris
- 12 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 13 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 14 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 15 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 16 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 17 Paris to Annecy by Train
- 18 From Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport to 8, Champs Elysees, Paris
- 19 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 20 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 21 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 22 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 23 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 24 Hey Fodor's
- 25 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy