Hi - my husband and I are taking a 5-day River cruise between 18-22 dec, 2011. We will end the trip in Frankfurt. We fly out of Zurich on Dec 26th. We have rented a car in Frankfurt. My question is - other than Rhotenburg (which we have been to several times), can anyone recommend a town that would be ideal for spending Christmas Eve and Day. We are concerned that we will be virtually abandoned in a hotel if everything shuts down. Also, what are the must-see towns along the way? Augsburg? Thank you in advance for any advise you can offer us. Sincerely, BarbaraGinNC/USA
Need a town along Romantic Road to spend Christmas Eve/Day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 2 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 3 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 4 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 5 Lucerne Switzerland
- 6 London city Best option for transit
- 7 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 8 Central Europe itinerary
- 9 First visit to France in November
- 10 Need meal and site advice for not often discussed Greek Islands & Places
- 11 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 12 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 13 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 14 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 15 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 16 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 17 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 18 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 19 at what point should one get health insurance
- 20 Provence in April, 2014, Part 2
- 21 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 22 Europe in December for 10 days
- 23 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 24 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 25 10-Hr Auto Tour o Lisbon,Portugal