Hi - my husband and I are taking a 5-day River cruise between 18-22 dec, 2011. We will end the trip in Frankfurt. We fly out of Zurich on Dec 26th. We have rented a car in Frankfurt. My question is - other than Rhotenburg (which we have been to several times), can anyone recommend a town that would be ideal for spending Christmas Eve and Day. We are concerned that we will be virtually abandoned in a hotel if everything shuts down. Also, what are the must-see towns along the way? Augsburg? Thank you in advance for any advise you can offer us. Sincerely, BarbaraGinNC/USA
Need a town along Romantic Road to spend Christmas Eve/Day
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Open Jaw Ticket...NYC-LHR;FCO-NYC Cost
- 2 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 3 Question: import tax on personal musical instruments?
- 4 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 5 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 6 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 7 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 8 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 9 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 10 Greece after the Vote
- 11 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 12 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 13 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 14 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 15 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 16 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 17 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 18 Satnav maps update
- 19 London Newport Court apartment rental advice
- 20 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 21 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 22 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 23 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 24 half day at Madrid Prado ?
- 25 mallorca