Hi all! My Mom and I are planning a 2 week trip to Italy in October, beginning with a few days in Cinque Terre. (We're considering 3 nights at La Mala in Vernazza to kick the trip off). I'm eyeing a flight that gets us into Milan Linate at 14:20 - realistically, how long do you think it would take to get out of the airport and to Milano Centrale? I'd love for us to land, get on a train and get to CT asap, check into the hotel, have dinner and then get a good nights sleep. But I'm starting to think this might be a pipe dream. Looking at the Trenitalia web-site, it seems the best train would be pulling out at 16:05 - am I correct in thinking that there is no way we could get on that train, or is getting out of the airport, on a bus and to the train station a lot easier/faster than I'm imagining? Thanks for any info/reality checks that you can pass along!
Need a reality check on Milan Linate to Vernazza
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 2 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 3 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 4 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 5 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 6 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 7 Lake Como transportation questions
- 8 All Set To Go!!
- 9 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 10 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 11 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 12 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 13 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 14 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 15 By train to and out of Prague
- 16 Budget family trip to Europe
- 17 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 18 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 19 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 20 Cylades Island Hopping
- 21 7 Nights in Paris
- 22 Normandy and Loire
- 23 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 24 Rome Trip Report -- Nov 1-8
- 25 Northern Italy Itinerary Help