Hi all! My Mom and I are planning a 2 week trip to Italy in October, beginning with a few days in Cinque Terre. (We're considering 3 nights at La Mala in Vernazza to kick the trip off). I'm eyeing a flight that gets us into Milan Linate at 14:20 - realistically, how long do you think it would take to get out of the airport and to Milano Centrale? I'd love for us to land, get on a train and get to CT asap, check into the hotel, have dinner and then get a good nights sleep. But I'm starting to think this might be a pipe dream. Looking at the Trenitalia web-site, it seems the best train would be pulling out at 16:05 - am I correct in thinking that there is no way we could get on that train, or is getting out of the airport, on a bus and to the train station a lot easier/faster than I'm imagining? Thanks for any info/reality checks that you can pass along!
Need a reality check on Milan Linate to Vernazza
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 2 Rome Areas to stay
- 3 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 4 Any recommended shops on Rue du Cherche Midi? Or nearby?
- 5 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 6 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 7 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 8 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 9 St Germain
- 10 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 11 Review of Air France A380 Premium Economy
- 12 Lakes District UK
- 13 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 14 Santorini Airfare - what's a good deal (generally/historically)?
- 15 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 16 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 17 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 18 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 19 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 20 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 21 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 22 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 23 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 24 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 25 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia