My husband and I are considering traveling to a Greek island for a week at the end of August/beginning of September with our then 3 month old, before we both head back to work following parental leave. Would be looking for a trip where we can relax without feeling the need to see many "must dos", wander through nice towns, eat great authentic food, and possibly fit in a day trip to Delos which we couldn't get to during our last trip to Greece. Due to time constraints, we would want to fly from Athens rather than ferry, narrowing it down to these two islands. I don't want to be somewhere super touristy and am willing to rent a car, but the thought of lugging a car seat to Greece makes me want to cringe. Also don't want to spend the entire day/trip on the beach.
To get a sense for what we like: on our last trip to Greece, we LOVED Samos and the small town of Ireon where we stayed. We hated the vibe in Oia in Santorini.
Also any specific hotel recommendations? We'd be looking for a room with a balcony with a great view but are okay with very simple rooms!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 4 6-7 Days in France
- 5 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 6 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 7 5 Days in Switzerland
- 8 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 9 Korean Messages
- 10 Petrol in Greece
- 11 Another tipping question: concierges
- 12 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 13 Budapest in December 2017
- 14 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 15 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 16 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 17 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 18 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 19 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 20 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 21 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 22 Acropolis Athens
- 23 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017