My husband and I are considering traveling to a Greek island for a week at the end of August/beginning of September with our then 3 month old, before we both head back to work following parental leave. Would be looking for a trip where we can relax without feeling the need to see many "must dos", wander through nice towns, eat great authentic food, and possibly fit in a day trip to Delos which we couldn't get to during our last trip to Greece. Due to time constraints, we would want to fly from Athens rather than ferry, narrowing it down to these two islands. I don't want to be somewhere super touristy and am willing to rent a car, but the thought of lugging a car seat to Greece makes me want to cringe. Also don't want to spend the entire day/trip on the beach.
To get a sense for what we like: on our last trip to Greece, we LOVED Samos and the small town of Ireon where we stayed. We hated the vibe in Oia in Santorini.
Also any specific hotel recommendations? We'd be looking for a room with a balcony with a great view but are okay with very simple rooms!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short Trip in July
- 2 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 3 Greek Islands (small)
- 4 Campervan in Croatia
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 K-Day
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Things to do in Brussels
- 9 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 12 UK Visa Help
- 13 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 14 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 15 Spain in December
- 16 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 17 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 18 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 19 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 20 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 21 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 22 Cell Phone Question
- 23 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 24 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 25 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card