My husband and I are considering traveling to a Greek island for a week at the end of August/beginning of September with our then 3 month old, before we both head back to work following parental leave. Would be looking for a trip where we can relax without feeling the need to see many "must dos", wander through nice towns, eat great authentic food, and possibly fit in a day trip to Delos which we couldn't get to during our last trip to Greece. Due to time constraints, we would want to fly from Athens rather than ferry, narrowing it down to these two islands. I don't want to be somewhere super touristy and am willing to rent a car, but the thought of lugging a car seat to Greece makes me want to cringe. Also don't want to spend the entire day/trip on the beach.
To get a sense for what we like: on our last trip to Greece, we LOVED Samos and the small town of Ireon where we stayed. We hated the vibe in Oia in Santorini.
Also any specific hotel recommendations? We'd be looking for a room with a balcony with a great view but are okay with very simple rooms!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 2 Tour groups
- 3 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 4 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 5 So much to do, so little time!
- 6 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 7 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 8 Baby Milk
- 9 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 10 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 11 French restaurants
- 12 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 13 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 14 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 15 Driving in Italy?
- 16 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 17 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 18 Super Cover For Hertz
- 19 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 20 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 21 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 22 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 23 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Hotel in Vienna