My friend and I will be spending 3-4 days on the island of Naxos this July. There's apparently so much to do I wish we had more time on the island! My main concern is transportation: what is the best way to see parts of the island if we don't want to stay in Chora/Naxos Town? We would prefer to stay somewhere like Kastraki, on the southwest coast of the island, but definitely want to spend a day or two hiking through the mountain villages.
Would ATVs/mopeds be enough? For those of you who have spent time in Naxos away from Naxos Town, in more secluded areas of the island, what worked best for you? While buses do connect the villages and I have used buses on Greek islands before, I think we may want to branch out and not be beholden to their schedules.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 2 Coastal Denmark
- 3 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 4 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 5 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 6 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 7 base for Andalucia
- 8 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 9 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 10 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 14 Apartment in Rome
- 15 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 18 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 19 Best Greek Island
- 20 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 21 Flea markets in Romania
- 22 car rental
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Cinque Terre - mid Oct 2017 -Ferry? Train? Car Parks?
- 25 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest