My friend and I will be spending 3-4 days on the island of Naxos this July. There's apparently so much to do I wish we had more time on the island! My main concern is transportation: what is the best way to see parts of the island if we don't want to stay in Chora/Naxos Town? We would prefer to stay somewhere like Kastraki, on the southwest coast of the island, but definitely want to spend a day or two hiking through the mountain villages.
Would ATVs/mopeds be enough? For those of you who have spent time in Naxos away from Naxos Town, in more secluded areas of the island, what worked best for you? While buses do connect the villages and I have used buses on Greek islands before, I think we may want to branch out and not be beholden to their schedules.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 3 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 4 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 5 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 6 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 7 Help us with our new sharing economy business
- 8 Long weekend in Albania
- 9 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 10 car rental
- 11 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 12 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 13 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 14 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 15 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 16 Munich and....???
- 17 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 18 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 19 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 20 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 21 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 22 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 Northern Ireland ideas
- 25 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??