My friend and I will be spending 3-4 days on the island of Naxos this July. There's apparently so much to do I wish we had more time on the island! My main concern is transportation: what is the best way to see parts of the island if we don't want to stay in Chora/Naxos Town? We would prefer to stay somewhere like Kastraki, on the southwest coast of the island, but definitely want to spend a day or two hiking through the mountain villages.
Would ATVs/mopeds be enough? For those of you who have spent time in Naxos away from Naxos Town, in more secluded areas of the island, what worked best for you? While buses do connect the villages and I have used buses on Greek islands before, I think we may want to branch out and not be beholden to their schedules.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 Back from Paris
- 3 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 4 London Hotels
- 5 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 6 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 7 Brugge hotel help
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 10 Denmark or Sweden?
- 11 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 12 Old European currency
- 13 Europe itinerary questions
- 14 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 17 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 18 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 19 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 20 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 21 1 month in Europe
- 22 Paris hotels
- 23 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 24 10 days in Paris and......
- 25 Last minute (next week) London GTG?