My friend and I will be spending 3-4 days on the island of Naxos this July. There's apparently so much to do I wish we had more time on the island! My main concern is transportation: what is the best way to see parts of the island if we don't want to stay in Chora/Naxos Town? We would prefer to stay somewhere like Kastraki, on the southwest coast of the island, but definitely want to spend a day or two hiking through the mountain villages.
Would ATVs/mopeds be enough? For those of you who have spent time in Naxos away from Naxos Town, in more secluded areas of the island, what worked best for you? While buses do connect the villages and I have used buses on Greek islands before, I think we may want to branch out and not be beholden to their schedules.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 2 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 3 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 4 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 5 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 6 SNCF - low price for summer
- 7 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 8 Cinqueterre
- 9 US Expats living in London what do you miss?
- 10 Transportation Question Italy
- 11 Short Trip to Paris
- 12 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 13 17 days in England
- 14 Fave National Parks in Spain? also: Barcelona or Madrid?
- 15 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 16 Italy Trip Report
- 17 credit and debit cards
- 18 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 19 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 20 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 21 Parking in Girona
- 22 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 23 Naples, Herculaneum and Capri Early April - recommendations
- 24 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 25 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!