My friend and I will be spending 3-4 days on the island of Naxos this July. There's apparently so much to do I wish we had more time on the island! My main concern is transportation: what is the best way to see parts of the island if we don't want to stay in Chora/Naxos Town? We would prefer to stay somewhere like Kastraki, on the southwest coast of the island, but definitely want to spend a day or two hiking through the mountain villages.
Would ATVs/mopeds be enough? For those of you who have spent time in Naxos away from Naxos Town, in more secluded areas of the island, what worked best for you? While buses do connect the villages and I have used buses on Greek islands before, I think we may want to branch out and not be beholden to their schedules.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Weeks Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, Salzburg
- 2 Sienna with kids
- 3 Paris food tours?
- 4 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 5 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 6 12 nights in Greek islands
- 7 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 8 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 9 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 10 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 11 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 12 Paris in July - side trip to South of France
- 13 Cheap airfare to Europe?
- 14 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 15 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 16 Perugia and Rome by train and bus
- 17 Classical Music in Milan
- 18 Italy/Switzerland in the fall
- 19 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 20 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!
- 21 Athens hotel with - you guessed it - view of the Acropolis
- 22 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 23 Pousadas in Portugal
- 24 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 25 Antiques shopping Rome