My friend and I will be spending 3-4 days on the island of Naxos this July. There's apparently so much to do I wish we had more time on the island! My main concern is transportation: what is the best way to see parts of the island if we don't want to stay in Chora/Naxos Town? We would prefer to stay somewhere like Kastraki, on the southwest coast of the island, but definitely want to spend a day or two hiking through the mountain villages.
Would ATVs/mopeds be enough? For those of you who have spent time in Naxos away from Naxos Town, in more secluded areas of the island, what worked best for you? While buses do connect the villages and I have used buses on Greek islands before, I think we may want to branch out and not be beholden to their schedules.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which european city?
- 2 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 3 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 4 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 5 VISA question
- 6 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 7 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 8 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 9 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 10 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 11 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 12 France,Spain,Italy
- 13 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 14 Schengen Visa Rules
- 15 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 16 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 17 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 18 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 19 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 20 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 21 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 22 Scotland November 2015
- 23 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 24 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 25 All Set To Go!!