My friend and I will be spending 3-4 days on the island of Naxos this July. There's apparently so much to do I wish we had more time on the island! My main concern is transportation: what is the best way to see parts of the island if we don't want to stay in Chora/Naxos Town? We would prefer to stay somewhere like Kastraki, on the southwest coast of the island, but definitely want to spend a day or two hiking through the mountain villages.
Would ATVs/mopeds be enough? For those of you who have spent time in Naxos away from Naxos Town, in more secluded areas of the island, what worked best for you? While buses do connect the villages and I have used buses on Greek islands before, I think we may want to branch out and not be beholden to their schedules.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 bechua: Tec*h SUPP0RT hp printer CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 hp 24*7
- 2 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 3 Italian lake cruise
- 4 Vatican tour
- 5 Couscous
- 6 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 7 Tuscany Itinerary
- 8 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 9 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 10 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 11 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 12 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 13 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 14 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 15 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 16 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 17 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 18 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 19 London in Winter Report
- 20 driving from London to Lourdes
- 21 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 22 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 23 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 24 Multi Country car Rental
- 25 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?