My friend and I will be spending 3-4 days on the island of Naxos this July. There's apparently so much to do I wish we had more time on the island! My main concern is transportation: what is the best way to see parts of the island if we don't want to stay in Chora/Naxos Town? We would prefer to stay somewhere like Kastraki, on the southwest coast of the island, but definitely want to spend a day or two hiking through the mountain villages.
Would ATVs/mopeds be enough? For those of you who have spent time in Naxos away from Naxos Town, in more secluded areas of the island, what worked best for you? While buses do connect the villages and I have used buses on Greek islands before, I think we may want to branch out and not be beholden to their schedules.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 2 Staying Long in Schengen Zone
- 3 Small detour from Paris
- 4 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 5 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 6 http://healthyboosterspro.com/armor-adaptogenics/
- 7 Sicily or Rome
- 8 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 9 Toes facing the side, knees apart
- 10 Italy
- 11 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 12 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 13 http://musclegrowth77.com/garcinia-replenish/
- 14 When and how to book for a trip?
- 15 Provence to Nice driving
- 16 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 17 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 18 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 19 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 20 Hotels in Aix-En-Provence
- 21 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 22 France to stop making foie grois
- 23 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 24 Germany / Austria in December with parents - weather question, please help!
- 25 Plug ins for London and Paris