My friend and I will be spending 3-4 days on the island of Naxos this July. There's apparently so much to do I wish we had more time on the island! My main concern is transportation: what is the best way to see parts of the island if we don't want to stay in Chora/Naxos Town? We would prefer to stay somewhere like Kastraki, on the southwest coast of the island, but definitely want to spend a day or two hiking through the mountain villages.
Would ATVs/mopeds be enough? For those of you who have spent time in Naxos away from Naxos Town, in more secluded areas of the island, what worked best for you? While buses do connect the villages and I have used buses on Greek islands before, I think we may want to branch out and not be beholden to their schedules.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Classical Performance St Petersburg and Moscow in August
- 2 Germany with my Girlfriend
- 3 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 4 Train Question
- 5 It claims to be prepared to be prepared
- 6 What clothes?
- 7 10 nights in France
- 8 #!1-800.841,6436&())_)
- 9 Large luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
- 10 Paris: Best (or Worst) Apartment Rental Companies
- 11 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 12 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 13 GPS vs Google Maps
- 14 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 15 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 16 Four weeks in the UK: Critique my itinerary?
- 17 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 18 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 19 Questions about Italy again
- 20 Grand Kremlin Palace Moscow
- 21 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 22 Berlin bans Airbnb apartment letting
- 23 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 24 Dedicated server In USA with 256 IPs | Bliss Hosting Company
- 25 Car to Heathrow: what time to order?