My friend and I will be spending 3-4 days on the island of Naxos this July. There's apparently so much to do I wish we had more time on the island! My main concern is transportation: what is the best way to see parts of the island if we don't want to stay in Chora/Naxos Town? We would prefer to stay somewhere like Kastraki, on the southwest coast of the island, but definitely want to spend a day or two hiking through the mountain villages.
Would ATVs/mopeds be enough? For those of you who have spent time in Naxos away from Naxos Town, in more secluded areas of the island, what worked best for you? While buses do connect the villages and I have used buses on Greek islands before, I think we may want to branch out and not be beholden to their schedules.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help on ancient history route
- 2 2 weeks Croatia Itinerary - Doable??
- 3 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 4 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 5 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 6 Greece
- 7 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 8 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 9 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 10 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 11 Iceland
- 12 Spain - day driver advice
- 13 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 14 London with Teens Trip Report
- 15 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 16 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 17 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 18 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 19 Breakfast Outside of Dublin off M7 (Driving to West Coast)
- 20 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 Coordinating Transportation and Lodging near Leicester
- 23 Lake Como AREA questions
- 24 Berlin to ?
- 25 Exploring Lisbon & where else?