My friend and I will be spending 3-4 days on the island of Naxos this July. There's apparently so much to do I wish we had more time on the island! My main concern is transportation: what is the best way to see parts of the island if we don't want to stay in Chora/Naxos Town? We would prefer to stay somewhere like Kastraki, on the southwest coast of the island, but definitely want to spend a day or two hiking through the mountain villages.
Would ATVs/mopeds be enough? For those of you who have spent time in Naxos away from Naxos Town, in more secluded areas of the island, what worked best for you? While buses do connect the villages and I have used buses on Greek islands before, I think we may want to branch out and not be beholden to their schedules.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 2 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 3 From Genoa to Rome...
- 4 Itinerary help please!
- 5 How big backpack do I need?
- 6 Holiday Itinerary
- 7 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 8 AVE train tickets questions.
- 9 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 10 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 11 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 12 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 13 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 14 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 15 Greece Itinerary
- 16 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 17 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 18 France to stop making foie grois
- 19 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 20 How much do i need?
- 21 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 22 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 23 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 24 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 25 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?