Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 2 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 3 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 4 What to wear
- 5 We Need a Pact
- 6 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 7 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 8 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 9 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 10 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 11 seven days in Portugal
- 12 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 13 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 14 I need a haircut
- 15 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 16 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 17 Madrid and London
- 18 Monet in Normandy
- 19 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 20 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 21 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 22 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 23 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 24 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 25 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO