Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 2 Airport ATMs
- 3 American Express
- 4 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 5 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 6 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 7 Three ferries to Mull
- 8 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 9 MY OWN physique are not That attractive
- 10 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 11 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 12 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 13 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 14 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 15 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 16 Which european city?
- 17 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 18 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 19 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 20 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 21 All Set To Go!!
- 22 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 23 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 24 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 25 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?