Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moving to Belfast
- 2 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 3 How long in Venice?
- 4 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 5 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 6 Connections at CDG
- 7 Hotel in Rome?
- 8 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 9 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 10 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 11 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 12 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 13 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 14 granada to algarve
- 15 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 16 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 17 Ireland driving vacation
- 18 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 19 Cotswolds village base
- 20 Florence veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 21 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 22 Normandy in October
- 23 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 24 I went to Paris in June
- 25 Berlin: Itinerary & Acco help pls