Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 2 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 3 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 4 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 5 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 6 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 7 Korean Messages
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 12 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 13 Budapest in December 2017
- 14 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 15 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 16 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 17 Acropolis Athens
- 18 5 Days in Switzerland
- 19 6-7 Days in France
- 20 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 21 We're here!
- 22 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 23 Getting to Bolivia
- 24 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 25 Rental Car for Day Trip from Antalya to Pamukkale/Hierapolis?