Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 week trip Turkey
- 2 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 3 What to take to Germany
- 4 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 5 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 6 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 7 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 8 Scotland Trip
- 9 Holiday in Austria
- 10 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 11 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 12 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 13 What one thing in Paris?
- 14 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 15 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 16 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 17 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 18 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 19 Paris Under Seige...
- 20 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 21 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 22 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 23 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 24 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 25 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015