Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Puglia
- 2 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 3 Madrid city centre?
- 4 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 5 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 6 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 7 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 8 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 9 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 10 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 11 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 12 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 13 Layover at Orly - Versailles or Paris?
- 14 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 15 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 16 Trip Report: A Culinary Adventure Through Burgundy
- 17 My First Trip to Europe...
- 18 Currency and credit cards in Scandinavia
- 19 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 20 Italy - 19 days - 6 locations - Family of 4
- 21 Stonehenge and Bath
- 22 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 23 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 24 France to stop making foie grois
- 25 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so