Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 2 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 3 barcelona
- 4 Switzeraland Iternary
- 5 Amsterdam & Paris in peak season
- 6 Girona to Torla-where to stay along the way
- 7 Barcelona sites: attire
- 8 Driving Itinerary in Austria Advice Please
- 9 Train Travel in Germany
- 10 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?
- 11 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 12 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 13 Barcelona Itinerary
- 14 Texans Take a Tour
- 15 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 16 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 17 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 18 Lisbon
- 19 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 20 One night in Amsterdam?
- 21 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 22 A plethora of islands
- 23 Referendum in Greece
- 24 Place to stay--Ring of Kerry and Aran Islands
- 25 10 days in spain