Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece in 15 Days
- 2 Adaptors for Belgium
- 3 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 4 Walking Scotland
- 5 Home base for a month in France?
- 6 Train Ticket Help
- 7 Bordeaux TRIP
- 8 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 9 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 10 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 11 20 free days of Europe
- 12 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 13 tablet
- 14 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 15 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 16 Flamenco -Seville 8/18 to 8/24/16
- 17 Planning Advice!
- 18 Germany and Austria trip report
- 19 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 20 How many days in the cities of Bordeaux and la Rochelle?
- 21 When to go to Norway for a ski trip?
- 22 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 23 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 24 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 25 Just booked Athens & Santorini