Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 2 Just Us 2 Wedding and 2 Wks in Europe. We need help planning please!
- 3 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 4 Lost in venice
- 5 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 6 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 7 air conditioning
- 8 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 9 railfrom amstedam to reims fr
- 10 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 11 Backpacking Europe with my Bestfriend (18yo f)
- 12 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 13 Where to stay between Galway & Killarney
- 14 Interlaken, hotel and day hikes
- 15 Barcelona Itinerary
- 16 Bath or Exeter
- 17 Barcelona Barcelona where have you been all my life! Days 1 and 2
- 18 Munich to Milan via train
- 19 Hotels in Barcelona
- 20 Need help with Switzerland and Italy iterinary
- 21 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 22 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 23 Self-driving in Iceland
- 24 Obtaining Swiss francs in Switzerland
- 25 Metro tickets in Paris