Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 2 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 3 London GTG late September?
- 4 Air France strike
- 5 Amsterdam
- 6 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 7 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 8 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 9 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 10 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 11 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 12 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 13 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 14 French 2015 summer school vacation
- 15 Italy tours
- 16 Alterations to night trains routes
- 17 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 18 Scottish Passport
- 19 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 20 Find a long term rental studio in Paris
- 21 Questions About Croatia
- 22 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 23 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 24 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 25 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro