Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 2 student in denmark
- 3 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 4 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 5 What to see in Dresden...
- 6 Switzerland itinerary help request
- 7 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 8 Sienna with kids
- 9 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 10 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 11 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 12 Day River trips from Porto
- 13 St Remy area for Provence base?
- 14 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 15 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 16 3 months to travel Europe!
- 17 Just in case anyone is wondering.....
- 18 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 19 Places to visits near Porto
- 20 Croatia, Slovenia, Austria with Preschoolers
- 21 Tour or independent
- 22 Vet my itinerary
- 23 Berlin>Dresden>Prague
- 24 Where is the best place/area to stay in Athens?
- 25 8 days in switzerland