Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Italy junket
- 2 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 3 Using Google maps on phone
- 4 Germany Itinerary
- 5 Our Next Europe Trip
- 6 Italy in 3 days
- 7 Civray (Charente) in France worth visiting?
- 8 Wroclaw & Krakow, Poland
- 9 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 10 Considering selling off everything to travel the world...maybe
- 11 South of France - TR in Pictures
- 12 Train Prague to Vienna
- 13 The BEST Road Trip Ever! 15 Nights in Iceland
- 14 what on earth have they done to the Search function??
- 15 Day trip to Urbino from Bologna - advice sought
- 16 Rental car pick up (Venice) and drop off (Florence) question
- 17 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 18 Pretty small towns in Bavaria
- 19 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 20 Segovia Hotel
- 21 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 22 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 23 EMERGENCY: Husband stuck in France without Green Card to return to USA
- 24 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 25 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?