Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 2 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 3 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 4 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 5 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 6 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 7 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 8 Where to stay in Rome
- 9 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 10 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 11 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 12 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 13 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 14 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 15 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 16 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 17 Sicily Suggetions
- 18 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 19 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 20 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 21 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 22 Heathrow Airport Hotel
- 23 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 24 7 days in Greece
- 25 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins