Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 2 Camino No-No
- 3 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 4 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 5 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 6 Help! Overwhelmed by Italy Trip Planning
- 7 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 8 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 9 Europe itinerary advice
- 10 Bayeux tapestry
- 11 Bus ride to Positano
- 12 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 13 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 14 Advice for large family trip to Ireland next summer
- 15 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 16 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 17 Group Transportation in French Riviera
- 18 Traveling with 6 in the Netherlands & Friesland - car or train?
- 19 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 20 Anywhere to run in Granada?
- 21 Is Capri overrated?
- 22 A week in Paris
- 23 London to Amsterdam via Overnight Ferry - A Weekend Adventure
- 24 Day trips from Budapest and Vienna
- 25 Train des Pignes