Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New Chip and Pin Card from American Airlines
- 2 Napoli logistics
- 3 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 4 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 5 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 6 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 7 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 8 buying souviners and art
- 9 Italy food budget
- 10 Tax refund in France
- 11 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 12 Positano in high season???
- 13 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 14 Is Greece cheaper to visit then Italy and France??
- 15 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 16 Archaeological Find In Paris
- 17 Spain in late November/early December
- 18 Train tickets France and Spain
- 19 Pestana Porto Hotel in Porto
- 20 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 21 Scandinavian Tour
- 22 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 23 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 24 Visiting the winemakers in Portugal
- 25 Luggage storage in Orvieto?