Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 2 In Paris on my own
- 3 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 4 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 5 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 6 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 7 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 10 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 11 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 12 bicycling garmisch oberammergau fussen
- 13 Buying Prado Museum tickets online
- 14 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 15 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 16 Andalucia itinerary help
- 17 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 18 Hotel in Paris
- 19 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 20 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 21 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 22 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 23 Traffic fine one year later! What to do?
- 24 Mont St. Michele?
- 25 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece