Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 2 Where to stay in London?
- 3 What type of visa is right for me?
- 4 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 5 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 6 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 7 Student accommodation in Malta
- 8 Visiting Spain in January
- 9 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 10 where to stay in Malta
- 11 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 12 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 13 Loving Lisbon
- 14 Booking hotels before trains
- 15 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 16 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 17 Paris---baguette question???
- 18 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 19 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 20 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 21 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 22 RHK's Fall escape
- 23 1 way ticket
- 24 Vienna to Bratislava
- 25 Need Paris Flight Advice