Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France, Italy and Greec
- 2 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 3 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 4 20 days in Germany
- 5 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 6 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 7 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 8 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 9 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 10 Naxos in May
- 11 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 12 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 13 Portugal Alentejo's cante
- 14 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 15 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 16 help regarding removal firm in london
- 17 Dresden or Leipzig
- 18 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 19 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 20 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 21 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 22 Trains in Italy
- 23 South of France November Trip Report
- 24 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 25 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German