Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Postcards from Retirement-The Scotland Edition
- 2 ID check request from a hotel????
- 3 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 4 Madrid - how to schedule train from airport
- 5 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 6 Spain accomodation
- 7 Cars in France
- 8 Cost comparison b/w Paris and Switzerland(wengen)
- 9 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 10 Paris accomodation
- 11 Provence, Paris & London in April - 15 day trip
- 12 Eiffel Tower Tickets - UGH!
- 13 4 special meals, 2 GTGs, Benedict Cumberbatch and a Tattoo
- 14 Weekend in Paris in October
- 15 ATM near passport control in CDG terminal 2?
- 16 Thinking of moving to Austria
- 17 Scotland in 8 days
- 18 Nuit Blanche Paris 2015
- 19 Texting in France
- 20 EU Citizenship & the Schengen Visa
- 21 Quick Ireland Visit
- 22 Driving to Larrun (La Rhune) Spain
- 23 All French taxis now obliged to accept cards
- 24 which michelin maps needed?
- 25 London, England, alone or with a tour group?