Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 2 Passport stamp in the UK
- 3 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 4 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 5 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 6 What's your suggestion ????
- 7 Germany and Switzerland
- 8 Best london location to stay?
- 9 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 10 Marry in Venice travel to Florence, Rome, AC, Naples
- 11 Ireland itinerary and accommodations advice?
- 12 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 13 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 14 SFO - CDG RT$769 ! Jump on it
- 15 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 16 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 17 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 18 Three 3 Day weekends in Ireland!
- 19 Sleeper Coaches Tickets from Krakow to Budapest -- Cheap Sparnight fares
- 20 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 21 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 22 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 23 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 24 Rauma Train and the Atlantic Ocean Rd worth visiting?
- 25 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country