Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 2 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 3 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 4 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 5 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 6 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 7 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 8 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 9 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 10 Tipping in the UK
- 11 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 12 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 13 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 14 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 15 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 16 London city Best option for transit
- 17 England/EPL family vacation
- 18 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 19 Never To Return
- 20 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 21 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 22 Lucerne Switzerland
- 23 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 24 Central Europe itinerary
- 25 First visit to France in November