Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Porto -City Break
- 2 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 3 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 4 Prague - Tram #22
- 5 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 6 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 7 7 days in Greece
- 8 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 9 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 10 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 11 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 12 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 13 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 14 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 15 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 16 nearby cities to london
- 17 London hotel
- 18 A drive in Europe
- 19 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 20 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 21 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 22 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 23 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 24 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 25 Where to stay in Rome