Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 2 Question for those who have traveled to Portugal
- 3 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 4 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 5 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 6 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 7 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 8 Cotswolds first time
- 9 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 10 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 11 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 12 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 13 Paris in black and white
- 14 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 15 Day trips from Bologna
- 16 First Trip to Europe
- 17 Hotels in Madrid Spain
- 18 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 19 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 20 Vicenza day trip - can we walk everywhere?
- 21 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 22 Various Cities to Travel in May 2015
- 23 Rose Petals and Reflections
- 24 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 25 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed