Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 2 St Denis Cathedral
- 3 May get together in Paris
- 4 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 5 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 6 Paris in September
- 7 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 8 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 9 Day trips from Florence
- 10 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 11 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 12 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 13 First time in Bulgaria
- 14 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 No Periods in British Written English!
- 19 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 20 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 21 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 25 Self drive tour companies