Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
- 1 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 2 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 3 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 4 Chambermaid tipping
- 5 TGV and Provence questions
- 6 Novels set in Greece
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 Greek islands from Turkey
- 9 To Paris and Provence in June
- 10 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 11 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 12 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 13 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 14 More help with housing in Puglia
- 15 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 16 Euro Train
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 19 Rome Accommodation
- 20 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 21 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 22 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 23 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 24 Italian Lakes gardens
- 25 London for Christmas