Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 60 Minutes: Scathing Review of Italy's Care of Cultural Heritage...
- 2 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 3 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 4 Did I miss MaiTai's Paris trip report??
- 5 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 6 How Long Does it take to get to FCO
- 7 Ireland or Scotland
- 8 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 9 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 10 Question on France travel
- 11 Cruise the River Shannon
- 12 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 13 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 14 Places for a Special Dinner (2 cancer survivors!) in Montecatini
- 15 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 16 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 17 Autumn in Paris
- 18 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 19 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 20 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 21 Italy and Croatia
- 22 St Germain
- 23 Where to go in France mid July?
- 24 trip to norway
- 25 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part