Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 3 Ireland or Scotland
- 4 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 5 Driving through Chianti on Halloween - where to stop for lunch?
- 6 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 7 Do I need train tix in advance
- 8 Help: Short visit to Crete
- 9 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 10 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 11 Schengen rule made easy
- 12 Best Berlin neighborhood for lodging?
- 13 Villa Borghese in Winter
- 14 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 15 Need help with itinerary
- 16 Aaah...Umbria!
- 17 Sorrento Advice Please
- 18 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 19 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 20 Cruising on Cunard in Your Twenties?
- 21 Milan - stay near Milan Centrale or Duomo?
- 22 florence airport to train station
- 23 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 24 Anyone ever flunk out of a Grand Circle tour?
- 25 Montepulciano to Monticchiello -- Driving at Night