Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 2 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 5 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 6 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 7 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 8 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 9 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 10 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 11 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 12 France, Italy and Greec
- 13 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 14 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 15 Air pollution in Paris
- 16 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 17 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 18 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 19 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 20 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 21 Naxos in May
- 22 Belfast to Scotland help
- 23 20 days in Germany
- 24 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 25 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City