Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 days in Florence
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 5 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 6 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 7 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 8 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 9 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 10 base for Andalucia
- 11 Private tour guides in Bayeux
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 14 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 15 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 16 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 17 Windsor Castle
- 18 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 19 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 20 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 21 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 24 4 nights in Sardinia
- 25 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?