Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 2 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 3 Exchange: pros & cons?
- 4 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 5 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 6 Flat in London
- 7 Trip to Rome
- 8 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 9 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 10 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 11 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 12 Skye to Edinburgh
- 13 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 14 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 15 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 16 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 17 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 18 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 19 Sunday and Monday in Provence area
- 20 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 21 One night in Rome
- 22 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 23 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 24 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 25 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??