Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in August with kids
- 2 Pre-booking train travel in Spain
- 3 Portugal and Spain
- 4 Itenerary Opinion
- 5 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 6 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 7 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 8 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 9 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 10 A road trip to Florence
- 11 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 12 Healthy eating in Rome
- 13 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 14 Madrid to Paris by car in January 2016
- 15 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 16 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 17 For anyone in London on Wednesday 27 May - State Ooening of Parliament
- 18 French Prem Train Fares
- 19 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 20 Croatia - advice on where to stay in Plitvice Lakes
- 21 A Beautiful Visit to Emilia-Romagna
- 22 10 Days trip to Europe
- 23 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 24 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 25 bbc radio 4 visits Fleetwood near Blackpool