Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland Stopover Late September
- 2 Norway in Nutshell - weather
- 3 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 4 my current itinerary for future trip
- 5 Italy,Austria,Germany driving vacation
- 6 Edinburgh car rental, lodging, train to city
- 7 Where to buy Saffron?
- 8 Tuscany literature
- 9 Magical Greece. A 13 day jaunt across the Aegean
- 10 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 11 Scenic drive: Seville-Granada-Barcelona
- 12 15 nights in Italy
- 13 Best Hotel in Tuscany?
- 14 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 15 Rain boots for Baltic cruise?
- 16 Milan/Lake Como questions
- 17 Dordogne Trip Report
- 18 Restaurant favorites in Stresa and Bellagio
- 19 Scottish pounds where to exchange?
- 20 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 21 Tuscany - Chianti / Val d'Orcia
- 22 DDay Tours - private or group?
- 23 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 24 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 25 Dublin to Dingle?