Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
- 1 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 2 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 5 7 days in Andalucia
- 6 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 7 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 10 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 11 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 12 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 13 London for Christmas
- 14 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 15 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 16 Belgium
- 17 Navigo Decouverte
- 18 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 19 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 20 More help with housing in Puglia
- 21 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 22 15 days in Europe,
- 23 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 24 Madrid to Sevilla
- 25 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014