Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 2 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 3 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 4 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 5 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 6 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 7 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 8 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 9 itinerary help
- 10 9 days in turkey
- 11 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 12 Germany-berlin marathon
- 13 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 14 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 15 Nice Video about Poland
- 16 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 17 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 18 Reims for a day
- 19 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 20 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 21 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 22 Toulouse and beyond -
- 23 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 24 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 25 St Pancras to Holburn tube station