Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 2 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 3 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 4 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 5 4 days itinerary for France
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 8 3 weeks in Spain
- 9 Rent a car in England
- 10 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 11 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 12 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 13 2017 Easter in Italy
- 14 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 15 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 16 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 17 Edinburgh to Skye
- 18 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 19 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 20 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 21 Croatia transportation question.
- 22 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 23 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 24 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 25 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia