Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 2 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 3 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 4 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 5 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 6 Manchester on derby weekend
- 7 Naples or Genoa
- 8 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 9 From London to Paris to US
- 10 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 11 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 12 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 13 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 14 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 15 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 16 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 17 Itinerary help please!
- 18 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 19 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 20 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 21 France to stop making foie grois
- 22 Holiday Itinerary
- 23 Car hire
- 24 Ireland driving itinerary
- 25 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line