Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 2 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 3 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 4 scotland trave;
- 5 Sicily in seven days
- 6 Seaplane service
- 7 San Sebastian / Donostia
- 8 Brussels, Copenhagan, Stockholm
- 9 Spain ? France ? Croatia - honeymoon 2nd stop
- 10 Nuremberg on a Business Trip
- 11 Restaurant recommendations in Copenhagen
- 12 Mother Daughter Ireland Trip- need some itinerary advice
- 13 Denmark cycle tour
- 14 Kadıköy to Kız Kulesi by bus
- 15 marbella spain
- 16 Need advice on 2 week Greece itinerary
- 17 Barcelona restaurants
- 18 May 2015 switzerland weather
- 19 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa
- 20 Trains
- 21 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 22 5 days in England (flying into Heathrow) before cruise- where to visit
- 23 malaga to madrid train ?
- 24 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 25 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband