Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Volcanoes! Glaciers! Puffins!! - 15 days around the Ring Road of Iceland
- 2 Need a couple of trail suggestions in Alpe Siusi
- 3 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 4 Is this a good locatiuon and hotel for first time Paris tourists?
- 5 Restaurant recommendatins for a Special ocassion in Venice
- 6 Barcelona, Seville, Granada Itinerary
- 7 Bus Tickets in Wurzburg
- 8 Things to book in advance in Italy
- 9 Itinerary help for 17 night trip to Spain and France October
- 10 Approx cost of taxi between Sorrento and Positano
- 11 Tour recommendation in Newcastle/Gateshead
- 12 Why Are We NOT Packed Yet? Munich, Verona, Stresa, Edinburgh, and London
- 13 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 14 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 15 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 16 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 17 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 18 Help me decide between these 3 agriturismos in Southern Tuscany. .
- 19 Luggage Storage in London
- 20 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 21 Tolls in VIENNA-BUDAPEST-ZAGREB-GRAZ-BRATISLAVA-PRAGUE?
- 22 An October day in the Luberon
- 23 Alsace
- 24 My summer in Paris
- 25 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.