Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 2 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 3 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 4 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 5 Majorca - where to stay?
- 6 Basel - Day Trip
- 7 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 8 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 9 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 10 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 11 Spending money in Italy?
- 12 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 13 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 14 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 15 How to make this adventure work?
- 16 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 17 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 18 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 19 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 20 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 21 I went to Paris in June
- 22 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 23 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 24 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 25 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag