Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip to Italy - Could use some help!
- 2 Train tickets within Italy
- 3 Bavaria area to Hallstatter to Croatia, Berchtesgaden and Munich
- 4 Bavaria area to Hallstatter to Croatia, Berchtesgaden and Munich
- 5 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 6 Needed: a nice beach break in Spain!
- 7 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 8 3 Star Hotel or B&B recommendations for Venice, Florence, and Rome Needed
- 9 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 10 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 11 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 12 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 13 11 day Swiss and Italy
- 14 Cycling in Southern France--Flat terraine
- 15 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 16 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 17 Hotel in Istanbul
- 18 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 19 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 20 Mont St. Michele?
- 21 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 22 Norway and Denmark Itinerary Critique Please
- 23 Our first trip to Europe
- 24 Best driving map for Greece?
- 25 Train from Monterosso to Padua