Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CANON PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT CANON Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 4 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 5 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 6 Pay attention to your watches !
- 7 9 Days in Spain
- 8 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 9 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 10 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 11 Iceland early december visit
- 12 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 13 Zurich to Milan trip
- 14 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 15 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 16 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 17 Italy Car Scam
- 18 Quizz !
- 19 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 20 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 21 car insurance italy
- 22 Christmas Day in Granada
- 23 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 24 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 25 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?