Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
NatGeo : Scam City Series
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Euro-Trip Itinerary - Spain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy
- 2 Italy/ Spain in December
- 3 Greek Island honeymoon
- 4 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 5 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 6 Spain and Portugal in February
- 7 Spain Itinerary
- 8 Please help me give good travel advice
- 9 When to buy train tickets to Budapest and Prague from Vienna
- 10 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 11 driving barcelona to madrid in 2-3 days- itinerary help. wine stops?
- 12 Does anyone know how Trenitalia or Trenord list the Vivalto trains?
- 13 ideas for Portugal please
- 14 Has anyone bought real estate in Croatia?
- 15 Cooking Holidays Valencia
- 16 Car Rentals in Athens
- 17 One night for dinner in Rome
- 18 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 19 Berlin Itinerary
- 20 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 21 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 22 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 23 Seeking Suggestions for 4 day itinerary (flying out of Lyon)
- 24 SARDINIA - Cagliari to Alghero (via 3 nights in Cala Gonone or Oristano?)
- 25 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules