Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Santorini lodging
- 2 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 3 Italian lakes
- 4 Ronda Wine/biking
- 5 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 6 What do after Bernia Express?
- 7 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 8 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 9 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 10 Self drive tour companies
- 11 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 12 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 13 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 14 Ischia
- 15 9 days in London
- 16 Germany family road trip help!
- 17 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 20 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 21 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 22 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 23 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 24 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 25 Lyon