Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car Rental in Italy
- 2 Rue des Rosiers
- 3 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 4 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 5 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 6 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 7 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 8 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 9 First Trip to Europe!
- 10 Paris Under Seige...
- 11 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 12 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 13 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 14 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 15 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 16 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 17 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 18 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 19 Hamam Istanbul?
- 20 Belgium : a asfe country
- 21 sfo to europe
- 22 Seeking Croatia/Slovenia planning assistance
- 23 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 24 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 25 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?