Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 2 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 3 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 4 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 5 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 6 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 7 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 8 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 9 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 10 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 11 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 12 "Never Mind"
- 13 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 14 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 15 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 16 Via del Sale, Italy
- 17 Route/guide book request for Italy
- 18 Nafplio to Hydra
- 19 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 20 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 21 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 22 Prague itinerary advice
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 25 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast