Excuse me if this topic appears out of context or place, but past few weeks I have been watching the Scam City series in Nat Geo.
It’s available here also : http://natgeotv.com/asia/scam-city
The series covers some of the famous tourist destinations all over the world and the tourist scams/ tourist traps. It’s good to watch it if you are visiting any of the cities. but in general it will make you a more alert traveler.
The last episode was about Istakmil street in Istanbul, Turkey and how you can get tricked by a total stranger to share a drink in a local pub and end up paying a minimum of $1000 ( yes $1K ) for a couple of beers.
I have seen episodes of Prague, Buenos Aires, Marrakech ( famous old carpet scam ), Rome, Rio, and so on
Happy And Alert Travel!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 part to half has been Georgia residence
- 2 One quick week -- where in France?
- 3 http://glycematefacts.com/thunder-rock-male-enhancement-scam/
- 4 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 5 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 6 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 7 Which European country to visit in November? Spain/Italy/France?
- 8 Stockholm & Copenhagen - 7 Nights early Sep
- 9 http://isscamreview.com/tanaka-cargill-group-scam/
- 10 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 11 Sicily transportation
- 12 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 13 3 days with a Swindon base
- 14 Brugge or Ghent?
- 15 Berlin Hotel feedback
- 16 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 17 Renaissance art - what is a "bierhead" ?
- 18 dubrovnik activities. Bay of Kotor
- 19 Jetlagged first day in Hamburg
- 20 Need help - Interlaken OR Zermatt / St.Martiz to spend time
- 21 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 22 Which Guided Tour ??
- 23 easy daytrip from Firenze (without car)
- 24 What Greek islands should I visit
- 25 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.