I have the 10.30am Nasrid Palaces slot for October 3 (which I will print out at the Corall del Carbon the day before the visit). Now I am trying to figure the best way of covering the complex. Where would you start and where would you finish?
Other variable in the equation are :
☆ 09.00h depart to Alhambra from NH Hotel Victoria by taxi.
☆ ca. 13.30h Lunch at the Parador restaurant
☆ 15.45-18.00h Hammam Al Andalus
Initially, I was hoping for 11.30h Nasrid slot (unfortunately, it was sold out). I was planning to start at the Generalife gardens. Would you still start there or would you start at the Alcazaba with the 10.30 ticket?
09.15 -10.30h Generalife Gardens
ca. 10.45h Enter Nasrid Palace (must enter by 11.00h)
10.45-12.00h Nasrid Palaces
12.00-12.30h Partal Gardens
12.30h - till lunch Alcazaba
13.30h Lunch at the Parador
10.00-10.30h Carlos V (w/ or without museum?)
10.30-11.30h Nasrid Palaces
11.30-12.00h Partal Gardens
12.15-13.15h Generalife Gardens
13.30-Lunch at the Parador
I've seen comments that that Alcazaba requires around 20-30min. So it seems that with the second option, we are stuck in that area from 9.15(ish) to the time we can enter the Nasrid Palaces. Is it a bit wasteful? I know that we could visit Carlos V but I understand that it's not the main highlight of the Alhambra complex.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 2 Buying Train Tickets to and from Prague
- 3 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 4 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 5 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 6 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 7 Airport Transfer - Palma Mallorca
- 8 Basilicata region of southern Italy, also known as Lucania
- 9 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 10 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 11 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 12 Madrid airport question
- 13 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 14 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 15 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 16 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 17 vegetarian in spain
- 18 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 19 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 22 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 23 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 24 Imbros Gorge
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
Nasrid Palaces at 10.30am -- where would you start your day?