More fleshing out of an upcoming trip. In doing some digging it sounds like Narbonne would be a good place for an overnight or two - both for the town itself as well as the Cathar castles nearby. Any thoughts on Narbonne appreciated. I definitely want to visit the Roman ruins.
But how about Perpignan? I'm unlikely to have more than a day to spend here this time around. I probably would take the train from Barcelona to Perpignan and pick up a car for the France part of my vacation which right now is looking like a few nights in Narbonne and the rest in Marseille (with day trips). I am leaning towards leaving Perpignan for another time - or would a day trip be perfect for it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 2 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 3 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 6 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 7 First time in Bulgaria
- 8 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 9 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 10 Alps Drive
- 11 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 14 St Denis Cathedral
- 15 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 16 Paris cooking classes
- 17 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 18 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 19 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 20 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 21 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 Praiano
- 24 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 25 Help please