Has anyone done the train trip from Naples to Lipari in the Aeolian islands? I wonder if its easier to get off at Villa San Giovanni, catch a ferry across the Straits of Messina and then get on a local train to Milazzo? I have heard that if you stay on the train at Vila it takes a long time to shunt all the carriages to get them onto the ferry then off again on the other side. I would love to hear from anyone who has done this trip.
Napoli to Lipari by train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travel to western Europe from India
- 2 Trying to find food items from Rome
- 3 Milestone Birthday Trip-Where Would You Go?
- 4 Oviedo, Aviles or Gijon
- 5 Picos de Europa - Need advice please
- 6 Scotland on a farm by horse?
- 7 Hotel des Grandes Ecoles, Paris
- 8 Help with Central/ Eastern Europe
- 9 Germany -- with Reformation emphasis
- 10 Cordoba-Granada itinerary
- 11 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 12 Late night train from Prague
- 13 Matera and Puglia by public transportation: Bus, train, driver
- 14 4 Days in Paris: Sample Itinerary for First Trip There
- 15 I'm in a funk
- 16 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 17 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 18 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 19 Mama Mia Italy!
- 20 Lisbon, Porto and Southern Galicia Costal region
- 21 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 22 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 23 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 24 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 25 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests