Has anyone done the train trip from Naples to Lipari in the Aeolian islands? I wonder if its easier to get off at Villa San Giovanni, catch a ferry across the Straits of Messina and then get on a local train to Milazzo? I have heard that if you stay on the train at Vila it takes a long time to shunt all the carriages to get them onto the ferry then off again on the other side. I would love to hear from anyone who has done this trip.
Napoli to Lipari by train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 2 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 3 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 4 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 5 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 6 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 7 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 8 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 9 7 Nights in Paris
- 10 London neighborhood suggestions
- 11 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 12 Ferry or Catamaran from Split-Hvar
- 13 Why don't the French want to work?
- 14 Driving from Italy to France
- 15 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 16 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 17 Edinburgh - Mercat Tours -
- 18 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 19 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 20 Daily Bus Tours in Croatia, Slovenia and nearby countries
- 21 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 22 Late night/early morning transport from Barcelona Airport to city center
- 23 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 24 Little-kid friendly place an hour or so by train from Frankfurt airport
- 25 Italy, England, OR France in 2015: Tour Operators - Or go it alone?