I'm planning to visit South of Italy next week. Overall I've got two weeks so I'd like to fly to Naples and eventually make my way down to Lipari. I thought I could base myself there and do some island hopping before returning to Naples to catch my flight back home.
From other threads, I understand that people would like to spend a couple of days in Naples, (perhaps visit Ischia and Procida ) stay 1-2 nights each in Tropea and Maratea to see the beautiful beaches, maybe 2 nights in Taormina before taking the hydrofoil to Lipari from Milazzo. It would be a tremendous help if you could help me out with my itinerary. How many days/nights do you think I should spend in each town and from Lipari what would be best alternatives for daily trips to other islands?
I've also got another option where I could take the overnight ferry from Corfu to Bari. Take the train from Bari to see Matera and probably stay overnight before heading to Salerno, Naples and eventually make my way down to Lipari?
Would I be better off renting a car from Naples or would you advise bus and train for the whole trip?
Naples to Lipari in 14 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 2 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 3 How to change college, after obtaining French visa?
- 4 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 5 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 6 Swiss rail passes
- 7 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 8 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 9 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 10 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 11 Augsburg with kids
- 12 train to Vernon France
- 13 Car service w/ baby car seat: London & Paris
- 14 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 15 Hotel in Venice
- 16 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 17 Getting married planning 6-8 week honeymoon in Europe & need YOUR advice!
- 18 A drive in Europe
- 19 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 20 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 21 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 22 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 23 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 24 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 25 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?