I'm planning to visit South of Italy next week. Overall I've got two weeks so I'd like to fly to Naples and eventually make my way down to Lipari. I thought I could base myself there and do some island hopping before returning to Naples to catch my flight back home.
From other threads, I understand that people would like to spend a couple of days in Naples, (perhaps visit Ischia and Procida ) stay 1-2 nights each in Tropea and Maratea to see the beautiful beaches, maybe 2 nights in Taormina before taking the hydrofoil to Lipari from Milazzo. It would be a tremendous help if you could help me out with my itinerary. How many days/nights do you think I should spend in each town and from Lipari what would be best alternatives for daily trips to other islands?
I've also got another option where I could take the overnight ferry from Corfu to Bari. Take the train from Bari to see Matera and probably stay overnight before heading to Salerno, Naples and eventually make my way down to Lipari?
Would I be better off renting a car from Naples or would you advise bus and train for the whole trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland itinerary help please
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 4 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 5 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 6 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 7 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 8 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 9 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 10 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 11 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 12 First time in Bulgaria
- 13 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 14 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 15 Alps Drive
- 16 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 St Denis Cathedral
- 19 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 20 Paris cooking classes
- 21 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 22 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 23 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 24 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 25 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?