I'm planning to visit South of Italy next week. Overall I've got two weeks so I'd like to fly to Naples and eventually make my way down to Lipari. I thought I could base myself there and do some island hopping before returning to Naples to catch my flight back home.
From other threads, I understand that people would like to spend a couple of days in Naples, (perhaps visit Ischia and Procida ) stay 1-2 nights each in Tropea and Maratea to see the beautiful beaches, maybe 2 nights in Taormina before taking the hydrofoil to Lipari from Milazzo. It would be a tremendous help if you could help me out with my itinerary. How many days/nights do you think I should spend in each town and from Lipari what would be best alternatives for daily trips to other islands?
I've also got another option where I could take the overnight ferry from Corfu to Bari. Take the train from Bari to see Matera and probably stay overnight before heading to Salerno, Naples and eventually make my way down to Lipari?
Would I be better off renting a car from Naples or would you advise bus and train for the whole trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France to stop making foie grois
- 2 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 3 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 4 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 5 Car hire
- 6 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 7 Dover queues
- 8 Puglia
- 9 Manchester on derby weekend
- 10 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 11 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 12 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 13 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 14 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 15 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 16 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 17 Barcelona to Morocco
- 18 http://www.supplementadvise.com/cla-safflower-oil/
- 19 Nice village, good restaurant, between Bologna and Florence?
- 20 "Doors of Italy", a free screensaver
- 21 From London to Paris to US
- 22 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 23 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 24 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 25 Naples or Genoa