I'm planning to visit South of Italy next week. Overall I've got two weeks so I'd like to fly to Naples and eventually make my way down to Lipari. I thought I could base myself there and do some island hopping before returning to Naples to catch my flight back home.
From other threads, I understand that people would like to spend a couple of days in Naples, (perhaps visit Ischia and Procida ) stay 1-2 nights each in Tropea and Maratea to see the beautiful beaches, maybe 2 nights in Taormina before taking the hydrofoil to Lipari from Milazzo. It would be a tremendous help if you could help me out with my itinerary. How many days/nights do you think I should spend in each town and from Lipari what would be best alternatives for daily trips to other islands?
I've also got another option where I could take the overnight ferry from Corfu to Bari. Take the train from Bari to see Matera and probably stay overnight before heading to Salerno, Naples and eventually make my way down to Lipari?
Would I be better off renting a car from Naples or would you advise bus and train for the whole trip?
Naples to Lipari in 14 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 2 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 3 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 4 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 5 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 6 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 7 Three ferries to Mull
- 8 Story of the German Christmas star
- 9 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 10 Airport ATMs
- 11 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 12 All Set To Go!!
- 13 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 14 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 15 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 16 Birmingham- Winter Sunday
- 17 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 18 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 19 American Express
- 20 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 21 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 22 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 23 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 24 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 25 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?