I'm planning to visit South of Italy next week. Overall I've got two weeks so I'd like to fly to Naples and eventually make my way down to Lipari. I thought I could base myself there and do some island hopping before returning to Naples to catch my flight back home.
From other threads, I understand that people would like to spend a couple of days in Naples, (perhaps visit Ischia and Procida ) stay 1-2 nights each in Tropea and Maratea to see the beautiful beaches, maybe 2 nights in Taormina before taking the hydrofoil to Lipari from Milazzo. It would be a tremendous help if you could help me out with my itinerary. How many days/nights do you think I should spend in each town and from Lipari what would be best alternatives for daily trips to other islands?
I've also got another option where I could take the overnight ferry from Corfu to Bari. Take the train from Bari to see Matera and probably stay overnight before heading to Salerno, Naples and eventually make my way down to Lipari?
Would I be better off renting a car from Naples or would you advise bus and train for the whole trip?
Naples to Lipari in 14 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - Month of July
- 2 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 3 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 4 Is this the right way<>?
- 5 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 6 Autumn in Paris
- 7 Europe Tour with Kids
- 8 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 9 St Germain
- 10 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 11 Rome Areas to stay
- 12 22 days or DIY tour
- 13 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 14 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 15 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 16 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 17 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 18 England & Scotland in April
- 19 Your favourite places in Bath
- 20 17days Italy itinerary for Dec
- 21 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 22 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 23 Shipping Prosecco
- 24 Venice Day Trip--Leave on 7:30 pm or midnight train back to Bologna?
- 25 Ways to travel from Venice to Bologna