I'm planning to visit South of Italy next week. Overall I've got two weeks so I'd like to fly to Naples and eventually make my way down to Lipari. I thought I could base myself there and do some island hopping before returning to Naples to catch my flight back home.
From other threads, I understand that people would like to spend a couple of days in Naples, (perhaps visit Ischia and Procida ) stay 1-2 nights each in Tropea and Maratea to see the beautiful beaches, maybe 2 nights in Taormina before taking the hydrofoil to Lipari from Milazzo. It would be a tremendous help if you could help me out with my itinerary. How many days/nights do you think I should spend in each town and from Lipari what would be best alternatives for daily trips to other islands?
I've also got another option where I could take the overnight ferry from Corfu to Bari. Take the train from Bari to see Matera and probably stay overnight before heading to Salerno, Naples and eventually make my way down to Lipari?
Would I be better off renting a car from Naples or would you advise bus and train for the whole trip?
Naples to Lipari in 14 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 2 ATM nonsense: be prepared
- 3 Rail tickets
- 4 bath or york
- 5 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 6 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 7 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 8 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 9 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 10 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 11 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 12 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 13 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 14 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 15 Hotel in Venice
- 16 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 17 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 18 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 19 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 20 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 21 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 22 Paris to Rome
- 23 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 24 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 25 London tube