I'm planning to visit South of Italy next week. Overall I've got two weeks so I'd like to fly to Naples and eventually make my way down to Lipari. I thought I could base myself there and do some island hopping before returning to Naples to catch my flight back home.
From other threads, I understand that people would like to spend a couple of days in Naples, (perhaps visit Ischia and Procida ) stay 1-2 nights each in Tropea and Maratea to see the beautiful beaches, maybe 2 nights in Taormina before taking the hydrofoil to Lipari from Milazzo. It would be a tremendous help if you could help me out with my itinerary. How many days/nights do you think I should spend in each town and from Lipari what would be best alternatives for daily trips to other islands?
I've also got another option where I could take the overnight ferry from Corfu to Bari. Take the train from Bari to see Matera and probably stay overnight before heading to Salerno, Naples and eventually make my way down to Lipari?
Would I be better off renting a car from Naples or would you advise bus and train for the whole trip?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 2 2 weeks in Southern Italy
- 3 Question about Hostels in Europe during the summer
- 4 Four weeks in the UK: Critique my itinerary?
- 5 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 6 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 7 Bavaria in August
- 8 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 9 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 10 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 11 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 12 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 13 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 14 Train Question
- 15 What clothes?
- 16 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 17 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 18 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 19 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 20 Short trip to Athens and Santorini. Ideas welcomed
- 21 Stay in Saronno to see Como and Milan?
- 22 Cochinillo in Segovia
- 23 GPS vs Google Maps
- 24 Berlin bans Airbnb apartment letting
- 25 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip