Our trip to Italy:
Late September to early October DH and I took a much-anticipated 2-week trip to Italy for our 30th anniversary. The actual date was in June, but we decided for work and weather reasons, that we’d go in late September. We were glad we did as the weather was warm and the tomatoes and figs were ripe.
Flights: used FF miles on American to get there, which meant a 22-hour layover in New York. We were happy to do that. Arrived late on a Wednesday night, stayed in a hotel, visited the Met’s newly redone American wing and had lunch with an old friend.
We flew to London and spent several days there visiting a very dear friend and getting to know her husband. But that was a visit, and my report is about Italy. Except I will mention that I loved the Courtauld Gallery and the Tate Britain.
We were very happy with every place we stayed:
- Meuble Santa Chiara in Naples. 2 nights at 65 EU per night.
- Tenuta Terre di Bosco in San Giovanni a Piro in the Cilento. 2 nights at 80 EU per night half-board. Yes, that great price includes the BEST dinner and breakfast.
- Marulivo Hotel in Pisciotta in the Cilento. 1 night for 130 EU a night for a superior room.
- Rifugio degli Dei near (but thankfully not in) Positano. 4 nights for 100 EU a night.
- Sistina1 apartment from RealRome. 4 nights at 110 EU a night.
Naples, the Cilento, Positano & Rome. Sept/Oct 2012
Our trip to Italy:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 2 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 3 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 4 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 5 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 6 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 7 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 8 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 9 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 10 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 11 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 12 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 13 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 14 Augsburg with kids
- 15 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 16 He said , she said
- 17 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 18 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 19 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 20 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 21 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 22 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 23 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 24 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 25 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival