Our trip to Italy:
Late September to early October DH and I took a much-anticipated 2-week trip to Italy for our 30th anniversary. The actual date was in June, but we decided for work and weather reasons, that we’d go in late September. We were glad we did as the weather was warm and the tomatoes and figs were ripe.
Flights: used FF miles on American to get there, which meant a 22-hour layover in New York. We were happy to do that. Arrived late on a Wednesday night, stayed in a hotel, visited the Met’s newly redone American wing and had lunch with an old friend.
We flew to London and spent several days there visiting a very dear friend and getting to know her husband. But that was a visit, and my report is about Italy. Except I will mention that I loved the Courtauld Gallery and the Tate Britain.
We were very happy with every place we stayed:
- Meuble Santa Chiara in Naples. 2 nights at 65 EU per night.
- Tenuta Terre di Bosco in San Giovanni a Piro in the Cilento. 2 nights at 80 EU per night half-board. Yes, that great price includes the BEST dinner and breakfast.
- Marulivo Hotel in Pisciotta in the Cilento. 1 night for 130 EU a night for a superior room.
- Rifugio degli Dei near (but thankfully not in) Positano. 4 nights for 100 EU a night.
- Sistina1 apartment from RealRome. 4 nights at 110 EU a night.
Naples, the Cilento, Positano & Rome. Sept/Oct 2012
Our trip to Italy:
- 1 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 2 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 3 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 4 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 5 Help Needed with European Adventure
- 6 Places to visit from London
- 7 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 8 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 9 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 10 Do and don't, eating in France
- 11 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 12 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 13 Getting the best our of Europe
- 14 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 15 Help with Spain Trip in Late August
- 16 Paris museums free admission
- 17 Opinion Requested on Southeast Castles in Order of Personal Preference
- 18 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 19 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 20 Spain with kids
- 21 Advice on itinerary - Balestrand, Ulvik, Flam?
- 22 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 23 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 24 Meeting up at CDG
- 25 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest