Our trip to Italy:
Late September to early October DH and I took a much-anticipated 2-week trip to Italy for our 30th anniversary. The actual date was in June, but we decided for work and weather reasons, that we’d go in late September. We were glad we did as the weather was warm and the tomatoes and figs were ripe.
Flights: used FF miles on American to get there, which meant a 22-hour layover in New York. We were happy to do that. Arrived late on a Wednesday night, stayed in a hotel, visited the Met’s newly redone American wing and had lunch with an old friend.
We flew to London and spent several days there visiting a very dear friend and getting to know her husband. But that was a visit, and my report is about Italy. Except I will mention that I loved the Courtauld Gallery and the Tate Britain.
We were very happy with every place we stayed:
- Meuble Santa Chiara in Naples. 2 nights at 65 EU per night.
- Tenuta Terre di Bosco in San Giovanni a Piro in the Cilento. 2 nights at 80 EU per night half-board. Yes, that great price includes the BEST dinner and breakfast.
- Marulivo Hotel in Pisciotta in the Cilento. 1 night for 130 EU a night for a superior room.
- Rifugio degli Dei near (but thankfully not in) Positano. 4 nights for 100 EU a night.
- Sistina1 apartment from RealRome. 4 nights at 110 EU a night.
Naples, the Cilento, Positano & Rome. Sept/Oct 2012
Our trip to Italy:
- 1 Paros or Naxos?
- 2 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 3 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 4 Florence: Medici Chapel & Basilica di Santa Croce
- 5 Need restaurant recommendations for cities in Croatia
- 6 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 7 Istanbul Hotels
- 8 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 9 Positano: hotel recommendations needed!
- 10 General questions about Sicily
- 11 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 12 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 13 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 14 Zee Best
- 15 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 16 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?
- 17 Yorkshire Dales and Moors home base? (and other questions)
- 18 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 19 Best Base on the Rhine for Day Trips
- 20 Christmas Markets - Frankfurt or Copenhagen
- 21 What to Give to Host Family
- 22 Rome apartment
- 23 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 24 Renting Road Bikes near Beaune
- 25 Rome stay - Flaminio P. del Popolo or P. del Colosseo?