Our trip to Italy:
Late September to early October DH and I took a much-anticipated 2-week trip to Italy for our 30th anniversary. The actual date was in June, but we decided for work and weather reasons, that we’d go in late September. We were glad we did as the weather was warm and the tomatoes and figs were ripe.
Flights: used FF miles on American to get there, which meant a 22-hour layover in New York. We were happy to do that. Arrived late on a Wednesday night, stayed in a hotel, visited the Met’s newly redone American wing and had lunch with an old friend.
We flew to London and spent several days there visiting a very dear friend and getting to know her husband. But that was a visit, and my report is about Italy. Except I will mention that I loved the Courtauld Gallery and the Tate Britain.
We were very happy with every place we stayed:
- Meuble Santa Chiara in Naples. 2 nights at 65 EU per night.
- Tenuta Terre di Bosco in San Giovanni a Piro in the Cilento. 2 nights at 80 EU per night half-board. Yes, that great price includes the BEST dinner and breakfast.
- Marulivo Hotel in Pisciotta in the Cilento. 1 night for 130 EU a night for a superior room.
- Rifugio degli Dei near (but thankfully not in) Positano. 4 nights for 100 EU a night.
- Sistina1 apartment from RealRome. 4 nights at 110 EU a night.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 2 bechua : AOL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:800:681 :7208 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 3 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 4 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 5 Route Information
- 6 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 7 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 8 Lisbon
- 9 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 10 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 11 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 12 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 13 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 14 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 15 Villa in Italy
- 16 Places to stop/stay?
- 17 Car Rentals in Ireland
- 18 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 19 TSA Precheck
- 20 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 21 Where in Greece
- 22 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 23 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 24 Couscous
- 25 Help me make this possible!
Naples, the Cilento, Positano & Rome. Sept/Oct 2012
Our trip to Italy: