Our trip to Italy:
Late September to early October DH and I took a much-anticipated 2-week trip to Italy for our 30th anniversary. The actual date was in June, but we decided for work and weather reasons, that we’d go in late September. We were glad we did as the weather was warm and the tomatoes and figs were ripe.
Flights: used FF miles on American to get there, which meant a 22-hour layover in New York. We were happy to do that. Arrived late on a Wednesday night, stayed in a hotel, visited the Met’s newly redone American wing and had lunch with an old friend.
We flew to London and spent several days there visiting a very dear friend and getting to know her husband. But that was a visit, and my report is about Italy. Except I will mention that I loved the Courtauld Gallery and the Tate Britain.
We were very happy with every place we stayed:
- Meuble Santa Chiara in Naples. 2 nights at 65 EU per night.
- Tenuta Terre di Bosco in San Giovanni a Piro in the Cilento. 2 nights at 80 EU per night half-board. Yes, that great price includes the BEST dinner and breakfast.
- Marulivo Hotel in Pisciotta in the Cilento. 1 night for 130 EU a night for a superior room.
- Rifugio degli Dei near (but thankfully not in) Positano. 4 nights for 100 EU a night.
- Sistina1 apartment from RealRome. 4 nights at 110 EU a night.
Naples, the Cilento, Positano & Rome. Sept/Oct 2012
Our trip to Italy:
- 1 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 2 Paris - Nice/Eze - Como - Venice/Rome
- 3 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 4 Paris 2 bedroom/2bathroom apartment you would recommend?
- 5 Yet another train question......
- 6 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 7 Transportation for 7 ladies from Marais apartment to only airport
- 8 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?
- 9 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 10 Stonehenge
- 11 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 12 Chip-and-PIN cards again
- 13 Getting the best our of Europe
- 14 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 15 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 16 hotels in Milan, Italy
- 17 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 18 14 days Ireland/Scotland Trip Report
- 19 Reichstag tickets
- 20 Paris Ticket t+
- 21 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 22 Sussex Day Out Which Option to Choose?
- 23 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 24 One week in Norway
- 25 Driving Through Adriatic Italy