Our trip to Italy:
Late September to early October DH and I took a much-anticipated 2-week trip to Italy for our 30th anniversary. The actual date was in June, but we decided for work and weather reasons, that we’d go in late September. We were glad we did as the weather was warm and the tomatoes and figs were ripe.
Flights: used FF miles on American to get there, which meant a 22-hour layover in New York. We were happy to do that. Arrived late on a Wednesday night, stayed in a hotel, visited the Met’s newly redone American wing and had lunch with an old friend.
We flew to London and spent several days there visiting a very dear friend and getting to know her husband. But that was a visit, and my report is about Italy. Except I will mention that I loved the Courtauld Gallery and the Tate Britain.
We were very happy with every place we stayed:
- Meuble Santa Chiara in Naples. 2 nights at 65 EU per night.
- Tenuta Terre di Bosco in San Giovanni a Piro in the Cilento. 2 nights at 80 EU per night half-board. Yes, that great price includes the BEST dinner and breakfast.
- Marulivo Hotel in Pisciotta in the Cilento. 1 night for 130 EU a night for a superior room.
- Rifugio degli Dei near (but thankfully not in) Positano. 4 nights for 100 EU a night.
- Sistina1 apartment from RealRome. 4 nights at 110 EU a night.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/sevan-skin-serum/
- 2 Soccer Game in Portugal?
- 3 http://www.supplementadvise.com/flex-belt/
- 4 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 5 Sentimental Journey
- 6 Edinburgh to Alnwick WITHOUT a car?
- 7 London restaurant suggestions
- 8 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 9 Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Krakow, Berlin
- 10 Trip to Italy: Venice, Tuscany, Rome, Positano
- 11 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 12 10 day Spain trip - which cities?
- 13 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 14 Input on Paris Itinerary
- 15 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 16 Need help getting from Paris to St Jean Pied de port
- 17 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 18 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 19 lago maggiore: where to stay
- 20 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 21 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 22 Florence & Como - Itinerary 90% finalized - looking for insights
- 23 One day visit to Helsinki on a cruise ship
- 24 Florence-rothenburg or colmar?
- 25 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
Naples, the Cilento, Positano & Rome. Sept/Oct 2012
Our trip to Italy: