Our trip to Italy:
Late September to early October DH and I took a much-anticipated 2-week trip to Italy for our 30th anniversary. The actual date was in June, but we decided for work and weather reasons, that we’d go in late September. We were glad we did as the weather was warm and the tomatoes and figs were ripe.
Flights: used FF miles on American to get there, which meant a 22-hour layover in New York. We were happy to do that. Arrived late on a Wednesday night, stayed in a hotel, visited the Met’s newly redone American wing and had lunch with an old friend.
We flew to London and spent several days there visiting a very dear friend and getting to know her husband. But that was a visit, and my report is about Italy. Except I will mention that I loved the Courtauld Gallery and the Tate Britain.
We were very happy with every place we stayed:
- Meuble Santa Chiara in Naples. 2 nights at 65 EU per night.
- Tenuta Terre di Bosco in San Giovanni a Piro in the Cilento. 2 nights at 80 EU per night half-board. Yes, that great price includes the BEST dinner and breakfast.
- Marulivo Hotel in Pisciotta in the Cilento. 1 night for 130 EU a night for a superior room.
- Rifugio degli Dei near (but thankfully not in) Positano. 4 nights for 100 EU a night.
- Sistina1 apartment from RealRome. 4 nights at 110 EU a night.
Naples, the Cilento, Positano & Rome. Sept/Oct 2012
Our trip to Italy:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Glasgow to Brody Ferry Scotland
- 2 Wiring money for apt rental?
- 3 Moving to Belfast
- 4 Libourne overnight
- 5 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 6 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 7 70% off on hotel deals, 40% off on flights, Save up to $525 on flight
- 8 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 9 AA Frequent Flyer Flight bookings to Europe
- 10 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 11 Brugge photo on Bing
- 12 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 13 Can anyone suggest a good Italian phrase app?
- 14 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 15 Rail or Bus Travel in Italy
- 16 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 17 Travel from Berlin To Paris by train. good places to visit in Paris (tips)
- 18 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 19 Spending money in Italy?
- 20 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 21 Does this itinerary work and make sense? Help!
- 22 I went to Paris in June
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 Help with a small island in Greece
- 25 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks