Our trip to Italy:
Late September to early October DH and I took a much-anticipated 2-week trip to Italy for our 30th anniversary. The actual date was in June, but we decided for work and weather reasons, that we’d go in late September. We were glad we did as the weather was warm and the tomatoes and figs were ripe.
Flights: used FF miles on American to get there, which meant a 22-hour layover in New York. We were happy to do that. Arrived late on a Wednesday night, stayed in a hotel, visited the Met’s newly redone American wing and had lunch with an old friend.
We flew to London and spent several days there visiting a very dear friend and getting to know her husband. But that was a visit, and my report is about Italy. Except I will mention that I loved the Courtauld Gallery and the Tate Britain.
We were very happy with every place we stayed:
- Meuble Santa Chiara in Naples. 2 nights at 65 EU per night.
- Tenuta Terre di Bosco in San Giovanni a Piro in the Cilento. 2 nights at 80 EU per night half-board. Yes, that great price includes the BEST dinner and breakfast.
- Marulivo Hotel in Pisciotta in the Cilento. 1 night for 130 EU a night for a superior room.
- Rifugio degli Dei near (but thankfully not in) Positano. 4 nights for 100 EU a night.
- Sistina1 apartment from RealRome. 4 nights at 110 EU a night.
Naples, the Cilento, Positano & Rome. Sept/Oct 2012
Our trip to Italy:
- 1 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 2 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 3 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 4 London Evening Activity
- 5 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 6 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 7 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 8 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 9 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 10 Germany and Italy
- 11 Which tour company would be best?
- 12 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 13 Moonliner bus question - can someone help please?
- 14 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 15 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 16 Changing of the Guard
- 17 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 18 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 19 Best way to get from Malaga to Gibraltar to Ceuta, Morocco?
- 20 "Our Small Adventure" an Ongoing Paris Trip Report
- 21 Berchtesgaden & Salzburg
- 22 Car rental
- 23 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 24 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 25 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days