DH and I will be arriving at Naples train station on a Saturday afternoon, and rather than deal with the subway or a taxi, I think we will probably prefer to just walk the less than 30 minutes to our hotel, Piazza Bellini (Via SM di Costantinopoli 101). We travel light, and we often want the air after a long train ride. I keep coming across warnings about the area around the train station. Is there any reason to not make this walk? And if so, what do you advise--are taxis from the train station generally reliable (I can conduct a transaction in Italian, but that's it)? For only one day in Naples, I see little reason to tackle the public transit system. thanks!
Naples--really not THAT bad, right?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 2 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 3 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 4 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 5 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 6 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 7 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 8 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 9 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 10 21 Days in Central Europe
- 11 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 12 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 13 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 14 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 15 best time to book accommodation
- 16 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 17 Oktoberfest reservations
- 18 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 19 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 20 No points in Paris .....
- 21 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 22 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 23 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 24 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 25 Pronunciation