DH and I will be arriving at Naples train station on a Saturday afternoon, and rather than deal with the subway or a taxi, I think we will probably prefer to just walk the less than 30 minutes to our hotel, Piazza Bellini (Via SM di Costantinopoli 101). We travel light, and we often want the air after a long train ride. I keep coming across warnings about the area around the train station. Is there any reason to not make this walk? And if so, what do you advise--are taxis from the train station generally reliable (I can conduct a transaction in Italian, but that's it)? For only one day in Naples, I see little reason to tackle the public transit system. thanks!
Naples--really not THAT bad, right?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 2 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 3 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 4 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 5 VISA question
- 6 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 7 France,Spain,Italy
- 8 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 9 Which european city?
- 10 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 11 Schengen Visa Rules
- 12 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 13 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 14 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 15 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 16 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 17 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 18 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 19 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 20 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 21 Scotland November 2015
- 22 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 23 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 24 All Set To Go!!
- 25 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea