DH and I will be arriving at Naples train station on a Saturday afternoon, and rather than deal with the subway or a taxi, I think we will probably prefer to just walk the less than 30 minutes to our hotel, Piazza Bellini (Via SM di Costantinopoli 101). We travel light, and we often want the air after a long train ride. I keep coming across warnings about the area around the train station. Is there any reason to not make this walk? And if so, what do you advise--are taxis from the train station generally reliable (I can conduct a transaction in Italian, but that's it)? For only one day in Naples, I see little reason to tackle the public transit system. thanks!
Naples--really not THAT bad, right?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 2 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 15 days in Europe,
- 5 Medieval Tallinn
- 6 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 7 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 10 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 11 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 12 Need help planning a trip for 2 18 year old girls
- 13 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 14 Milan to Venice on Trenitalia for as little as 9 Euros
- 15 Spain - Andalucia
- 16 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 17 After Helsinki, where to next?
- 18 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 19 Advises for trip to Russia
- 20 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 23 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 24 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia