DH and I will be arriving at Naples train station on a Saturday afternoon, and rather than deal with the subway or a taxi, I think we will probably prefer to just walk the less than 30 minutes to our hotel, Piazza Bellini (Via SM di Costantinopoli 101). We travel light, and we often want the air after a long train ride. I keep coming across warnings about the area around the train station. Is there any reason to not make this walk? And if so, what do you advise--are taxis from the train station generally reliable (I can conduct a transaction in Italian, but that's it)? For only one day in Naples, I see little reason to tackle the public transit system. thanks!
Naples--really not THAT bad, right?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 2 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 3 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 4 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 5 Vienna highlights
- 6 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 7 Where to stay in Rome
- 8 Estonia Amber
- 9 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 10 20 days in Central Europe (female traveling solo)
- 11 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 12 Munich
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 15 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 16 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 17 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 18 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 19 Italy
- 20 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 21 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 22 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 23 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 24 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 25 Two days between St. Ives and London