We'll be in Naples for just 2 nights on our way to the Cilento & Positano. We're arriving from 3 days in London w/ friends (so no jet lag in Naples.)
Question 1: Which hotel?
We'll be eating pizza, wandering the streets, visiting Santa Chiara & museums. We like to walk a lot. I've read what I can in guidebooks but can't figure out which neighborhood & hotel. My husband is always super pleased when I find places that cost less. Here are my choices:
Spaccanapoli Comfort Suites. 79 eu/nt for a room w/ a balcony. Good reviews. Is this neighborhood a good place to stay? http://www.bbspaccanapoli.com/en
Hotel Piazza Bellini. 115 EU/nt. http://www.hotelpiazzabellini.com/index.php?id_lingua=3
Meuble Santa Chiara. 65 EU/nt, overlooks Santa Chiara. http://www.santachiarasuite.com/
M Gallery Palazzo Caracciolo. 100 EU/nt, near Duomo. http://www.mgallery.com/gb/hotel-5565-palazzo-caracciolo-napoli-mgallery-collection/index.shtml
Question 3: restaurant recommendations?
Question 2: transportation.
We're flying in from London, 2 nights in Naples, then back to the airport to rent a car. We're returning it there - doing this cuts the rental cost by half so it seemed worth the slight hassle. We'll visit the Cilento for 3 nights and Positano for 4, then we'll return the car to the airport and catch the train to Rome. There seem to be 3 train stations - which train station do we use to go to Rome?
Question 3: itinerary?
I'd hoped for 4 nights in Naples, but DH discovered the Cilento and 2 of those days were carved out of our time in Naples. I'd wanted to see several churches zeppole had recommended, including Santa Chiara, and then the art museum and the archaeology museum. What makes the most sense to focus on now? We arrive Monday afternoon at 4 and leave mid-day Wednesday in late September. I expect to love Naples and hope to return in a year or two.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 2 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 3 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 4 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 8 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 9 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 10 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 11 Bruges
- 12 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 13 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 14 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 15 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 16 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 17 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 18 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 19 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 20 Planning A trip
- 21 A week in the Occitanie
- 22 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 25 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany