We'll be in Naples for just 2 nights on our way to the Cilento & Positano. We're arriving from 3 days in London w/ friends (so no jet lag in Naples.)
Question 1: Which hotel?
We'll be eating pizza, wandering the streets, visiting Santa Chiara & museums. We like to walk a lot. I've read what I can in guidebooks but can't figure out which neighborhood & hotel. My husband is always super pleased when I find places that cost less. Here are my choices:
Spaccanapoli Comfort Suites. 79 eu/nt for a room w/ a balcony. Good reviews. Is this neighborhood a good place to stay? http://www.bbspaccanapoli.com/en
Hotel Piazza Bellini. 115 EU/nt. http://www.hotelpiazzabellini.com/index.php?id_lingua=3
Meuble Santa Chiara. 65 EU/nt, overlooks Santa Chiara. http://www.santachiarasuite.com/
M Gallery Palazzo Caracciolo. 100 EU/nt, near Duomo. http://www.mgallery.com/gb/hotel-5565-palazzo-caracciolo-napoli-mgallery-collection/index.shtml
Question 3: restaurant recommendations?
Question 2: transportation.
We're flying in from London, 2 nights in Naples, then back to the airport to rent a car. We're returning it there - doing this cuts the rental cost by half so it seemed worth the slight hassle. We'll visit the Cilento for 3 nights and Positano for 4, then we'll return the car to the airport and catch the train to Rome. There seem to be 3 train stations - which train station do we use to go to Rome?
Question 3: itinerary?
I'd hoped for 4 nights in Naples, but DH discovered the Cilento and 2 of those days were carved out of our time in Naples. I'd wanted to see several churches zeppole had recommended, including Santa Chiara, and then the art museum and the archaeology museum. What makes the most sense to focus on now? We arrive Monday afternoon at 4 and leave mid-day Wednesday in late September. I expect to love Naples and hope to return in a year or two.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 2 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 5 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 6 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 7 Chania
- 8 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 9 Car rental in Santorini port
- 10 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 11 Renting a car in Greece
- 12 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 13 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 14 renting a car in greece
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 17 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 18 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 21 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 22 retruning to US with souveniers
- 23 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 24 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 25 First steps for Russian trip planning