We'll be in Naples for just 2 nights on our way to the Cilento & Positano. We're arriving from 3 days in London w/ friends (so no jet lag in Naples.)
Question 1: Which hotel?
We'll be eating pizza, wandering the streets, visiting Santa Chiara & museums. We like to walk a lot. I've read what I can in guidebooks but can't figure out which neighborhood & hotel. My husband is always super pleased when I find places that cost less. Here are my choices:
Spaccanapoli Comfort Suites. 79 eu/nt for a room w/ a balcony. Good reviews. Is this neighborhood a good place to stay? http://www.bbspaccanapoli.com/en
Hotel Piazza Bellini. 115 EU/nt. http://www.hotelpiazzabellini.com/index.php?id_lingua=3
Meuble Santa Chiara. 65 EU/nt, overlooks Santa Chiara. http://www.santachiarasuite.com/
M Gallery Palazzo Caracciolo. 100 EU/nt, near Duomo. http://www.mgallery.com/gb/hotel-5565-palazzo-caracciolo-napoli-mgallery-collection/index.shtml
Question 3: restaurant recommendations?
Question 2: transportation.
We're flying in from London, 2 nights in Naples, then back to the airport to rent a car. We're returning it there - doing this cuts the rental cost by half so it seemed worth the slight hassle. We'll visit the Cilento for 3 nights and Positano for 4, then we'll return the car to the airport and catch the train to Rome. There seem to be 3 train stations - which train station do we use to go to Rome?
Question 3: itinerary?
I'd hoped for 4 nights in Naples, but DH discovered the Cilento and 2 of those days were carved out of our time in Naples. I'd wanted to see several churches zeppole had recommended, including Santa Chiara, and then the art museum and the archaeology museum. What makes the most sense to focus on now? We arrive Monday afternoon at 4 and leave mid-day Wednesday in late September. I expect to love Naples and hope to return in a year or two.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 2 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 3 Driving in Italy?
- 4 English Countryside
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 7 5-day rpad trip from Toulouse that includes Lourdes
- 8 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 9 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 10 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 11 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 12 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 13 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 14 Spending Money for 10 Days in France/Italy
- 15 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 16 Granada to Madrid
- 17 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 18 Tour groups
- 19 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 22 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 23 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 24 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 25 Church service in Dubrovnik