Continuing from my previous post, my sister and I (26 & 30 years) are having a little trouble with finding hotels on the two islands. Our budget is $200 or less per night. We want a good mix of town, walking around, nightlife, and beach time and like being close to restaurants during the nighttime.
For Mykonos, we want to stay in town, figuring we can take buses to the beaches. We found a good deal and booked Alkyon Hotel. Any thoughts on this hotel? We can cancel it, so we'll take suggestions on something better in our price range and preferred location.
For Santorini, we want to stay in Fira. Oia looks beautiful, but I think it will be too quiet/romantic for us two sisters! Ideally, we want the hotel to have a view of the Caldera and nice rooms. So far, we are considering: Astra Palace, Kastro Apartments, Aressana Spa, Majestic, and El Greco. Any insight on these, or others we should consider within our budget?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cornwall UK
- 2 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 3 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 4 French Wedding
- 5 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 6 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 7 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 8 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 9 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 10 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 11 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 12 I may be wrong....
- 13 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 14 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 15 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 16 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 17 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 18 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 19 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 20 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 21 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 22 Photo tours in Amsterdam
- 23 Porto...Questions !
- 24 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 25 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions