Continuing from my previous post, my sister and I (26 & 30 years) are having a little trouble with finding hotels on the two islands. Our budget is $200 or less per night. We want a good mix of town, walking around, nightlife, and beach time and like being close to restaurants during the nighttime.
For Mykonos, we want to stay in town, figuring we can take buses to the beaches. We found a good deal and booked Alkyon Hotel. Any thoughts on this hotel? We can cancel it, so we'll take suggestions on something better in our price range and preferred location.
For Santorini, we want to stay in Fira. Oia looks beautiful, but I think it will be too quiet/romantic for us two sisters! Ideally, we want the hotel to have a view of the Caldera and nice rooms. So far, we are considering: Astra Palace, Kastro Apartments, Aressana Spa, Majestic, and El Greco. Any insight on these, or others we should consider within our budget?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shopping Paris for Teenage Girl
- 2 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 3 Venice to Frankfort - via Switzerland?
- 4 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 5 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 6 Sardinia, Italy
- 7 Off to Ireland again! Solo trip...
- 8 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 9 Italy Countryside Itinerary help
- 10 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 11 when you consider that it swivels
- 12 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 13 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 14 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 15 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 16 Easiest way to send photo eq. to the hotel
- 17 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 18 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 19 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 20 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 21 honeymoon in november
- 22 enlighten, brightens and
- 23 Amsterdam in August
- 24 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 25 Train from Rome to Naples