Continuing from my previous post, my sister and I (26 & 30 years) are having a little trouble with finding hotels on the two islands. Our budget is $200 or less per night. We want a good mix of town, walking around, nightlife, and beach time and like being close to restaurants during the nighttime.
For Mykonos, we want to stay in town, figuring we can take buses to the beaches. We found a good deal and booked Alkyon Hotel. Any thoughts on this hotel? We can cancel it, so we'll take suggestions on something better in our price range and preferred location.
For Santorini, we want to stay in Fira. Oia looks beautiful, but I think it will be too quiet/romantic for us two sisters! Ideally, we want the hotel to have a view of the Caldera and nice rooms. So far, we are considering: Astra Palace, Kastro Apartments, Aressana Spa, Majestic, and El Greco. Any insight on these, or others we should consider within our budget?
Mykonos Town & Santorini Fira Hotels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Lakes
- 2 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 3 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 4 Help With Vienna
- 5 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 6 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 7 What's the most economical way to see Dublin and London?
- 8 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 9 Trains in Europe
- 10 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 11 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 12 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 13 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 14 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 15 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 16 Netherlands and others
- 17 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 18 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 19 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 20 Raining in rome
- 21 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 22 Scenic train rides from Milan to Lucerne
- 23 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 24 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 25 A taste of Italy in 11 nights