Continuing from my previous post, my sister and I (26 & 30 years) are having a little trouble with finding hotels on the two islands. Our budget is $200 or less per night. We want a good mix of town, walking around, nightlife, and beach time and like being close to restaurants during the nighttime.
For Mykonos, we want to stay in town, figuring we can take buses to the beaches. We found a good deal and booked Alkyon Hotel. Any thoughts on this hotel? We can cancel it, so we'll take suggestions on something better in our price range and preferred location.
For Santorini, we want to stay in Fira. Oia looks beautiful, but I think it will be too quiet/romantic for us two sisters! Ideally, we want the hotel to have a view of the Caldera and nice rooms. So far, we are considering: Astra Palace, Kastro Apartments, Aressana Spa, Majestic, and El Greco. Any insight on these, or others we should consider within our budget?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 2 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 3 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 4 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 5 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 6 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 7 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 8 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 9 Barcelona on budget
- 10 Advice for England and France travels?
- 11 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 12 please revew provence agenda
- 13 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany
- 14 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 15 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 16 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 17 Does anyone ever "meet the locals"?
- 18 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 19 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 20 Where to go in March??
- 21 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 22 Late June 2017 - Capri/Amalfi Coast vs Serengeti Safari
- 23 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 24 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 25 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split