Continuing from my previous post, my sister and I (26 & 30 years) are having a little trouble with finding hotels on the two islands. Our budget is $200 or less per night. We want a good mix of town, walking around, nightlife, and beach time and like being close to restaurants during the nighttime.
For Mykonos, we want to stay in town, figuring we can take buses to the beaches. We found a good deal and booked Alkyon Hotel. Any thoughts on this hotel? We can cancel it, so we'll take suggestions on something better in our price range and preferred location.
For Santorini, we want to stay in Fira. Oia looks beautiful, but I think it will be too quiet/romantic for us two sisters! Ideally, we want the hotel to have a view of the Caldera and nice rooms. So far, we are considering: Astra Palace, Kastro Apartments, Aressana Spa, Majestic, and El Greco. Any insight on these, or others we should consider within our budget?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan or Turin
- 2 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 3 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Paris to Italy
- 6 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 7 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 8 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 12 Iceland early december visit
- 13 Frankfurt to UK
- 14 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 15 God Save the Queen?
- 16 Road trip with our dog
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 22 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 23 Spanish Medical Providers
- 24 Italy Car Scam
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris