Hello fellow Fodorites! I'm wrestling with a bit of a problem here - to rent a car or to not rent a car while on Mykonos. My mom, sister and I will be staying in Ornos Beach. We'll be a short walk (10 min or less) walk from the bus stop which will afford us access to town and other points, but having a car will allow us to go anywhere at any time. In addition to that, we won't have to get to the airport so early for our 9a flight back to Athens. Should we rely on the bus service and taxis or rent a car? Also, if we did rent a car (from Avis), should I take all the insurance options they offer?
Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 2 Autumn in Paris
- 3 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 4 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 5 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 6 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 7 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 8 Burgundy in May
- 9 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 10 A Greek sojourn
- 11 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 12 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 13 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 14 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 15 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 16 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 17 Is Venice really dirty?
- 18 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 19 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 20 Weekend in Norfolk
- 21 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 22 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 23 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 24 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 25 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..