We have been invited to a wedding on the island in mid-May and have been working through Fodors Greece for information. It mentions this forum so hopefully someone can help.
We will be 7 days on the island, staying at a town hotel, and will have four days to do some exploring. We have budgeted for the travel costs, accommodation, food and car rental as we know it will be more expensive than some of the other islands we have visited.
Although the guides give us good general information can anyone here perhaps give us some additional help about places that can be found especially linked to history, culture or even interesting places where folks don't normally go to. That's what we have been looking for in the guides because it's what we enjoy. Unfortunately there's not much else apart from the usual general stuff.
We will of course visit Delos which will be a real highlight for us and spend time in Mykonos town as we do know it is beautiful and, hopefully, will have plenty of color from the spring flowers??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 4 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 5 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 6 Juangfrau / mt
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 9 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 10 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 11 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 12 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Questions about Polish sights
- 17 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Italy
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Revised itinerary for italy
- 24 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 25 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!