We have been invited to a wedding on the island in mid-May and have been working through Fodors Greece for information. It mentions this forum so hopefully someone can help.
We will be 7 days on the island, staying at a town hotel, and will have four days to do some exploring. We have budgeted for the travel costs, accommodation, food and car rental as we know it will be more expensive than some of the other islands we have visited.
Although the guides give us good general information can anyone here perhaps give us some additional help about places that can be found especially linked to history, culture or even interesting places where folks don't normally go to. That's what we have been looking for in the guides because it's what we enjoy. Unfortunately there's not much else apart from the usual general stuff.
We will of course visit Delos which will be a real highlight for us and spend time in Mykonos town as we do know it is beautiful and, hopefully, will have plenty of color from the spring flowers??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 tipping
- 2 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 3 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 4 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell
- 5 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 6 What clothes?
- 7 Lavender country Provence hotel
- 8 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 9 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 10 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 11 Oslo airport to hotel
- 12 Paris and Lyon
- 13 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 14 Isle Sur-la-Sorgue Thursday
- 15 24 hrs in Istanbul
- 16 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 17 Where to stay in lavender country in Provence?
- 18 Lavender Conditions in Provence
- 19 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 20 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 21 Hiking in Luberon
- 22 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 23 Provence/Luberon, Amalfi Coast, Greece in 12 days
- 24 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 25 London Paris