We have been invited to a wedding on the island in mid-May and have been working through Fodors Greece for information. It mentions this forum so hopefully someone can help.
We will be 7 days on the island, staying at a town hotel, and will have four days to do some exploring. We have budgeted for the travel costs, accommodation, food and car rental as we know it will be more expensive than some of the other islands we have visited.
Although the guides give us good general information can anyone here perhaps give us some additional help about places that can be found especially linked to history, culture or even interesting places where folks don't normally go to. That's what we have been looking for in the guides because it's what we enjoy. Unfortunately there's not much else apart from the usual general stuff.
We will of course visit Delos which will be a real highlight for us and spend time in Mykonos town as we do know it is beautiful and, hopefully, will have plenty of color from the spring flowers??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 2 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 3 Edinburgh Festival Fireworks
- 4 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 5 France to stop making foie grois
- 6 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 7 Naples or Genoa
- 8 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 9 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 10 First time Europe trip for family of 4
- 11 Dover queues
- 12 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 13 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 14 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 15 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 16 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22
- 17 From London to Paris to US
- 18 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 19 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 20 Greece Experts
- 21 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 22 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 25 Ireland driving itinerary