We have been invited to a wedding on the island in mid-May and have been working through Fodors Greece for information. It mentions this forum so hopefully someone can help.
We will be 7 days on the island, staying at a town hotel, and will have four days to do some exploring. We have budgeted for the travel costs, accommodation, food and car rental as we know it will be more expensive than some of the other islands we have visited.
Although the guides give us good general information can anyone here perhaps give us some additional help about places that can be found especially linked to history, culture or even interesting places where folks don't normally go to. That's what we have been looking for in the guides because it's what we enjoy. Unfortunately there's not much else apart from the usual general stuff.
We will of course visit Delos which will be a real highlight for us and spend time in Mykonos town as we do know it is beautiful and, hopefully, will have plenty of color from the spring flowers??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 2 Bosch Parade
- 3 Mom's First Trip to Paris (2.5 days)
- 4 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 5 Louis Vuitton/Prada/Gucci - cheaper in Paris/Madrid/London
- 6 Saver Fare vs Flexifare on Bahn.com
- 7 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 8 Need advice on Greek islands
- 9 SPAIN In 6 DAYS
- 10 Pickpocketing prevention tip
- 11 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 12 Flying into Crete Chania - where to stay without a car?
- 13 Upcoming first trip to the UK
- 14 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 15 Rome & Florence with Mom (3 days)
- 16 http://testoxtrmadvice.com/celexas-male-enhancement/
- 17 prepaid sim card in Lithuania
- 18 Antwerp Tram
- 19 21 nights in England, please help
- 20 Best route Stratford to Chatsworth House
- 21 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 22 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 23 3/4/ days South of France
- 24 Porto - History, Culinary, Art and Wine Travel Report
- 25 Change of Itinerary? to Refocus on Basque country (Spain&France)