We have been invited to a wedding on the island in mid-May and have been working through Fodors Greece for information. It mentions this forum so hopefully someone can help.
We will be 7 days on the island, staying at a town hotel, and will have four days to do some exploring. We have budgeted for the travel costs, accommodation, food and car rental as we know it will be more expensive than some of the other islands we have visited.
Although the guides give us good general information can anyone here perhaps give us some additional help about places that can be found especially linked to history, culture or even interesting places where folks don't normally go to. That's what we have been looking for in the guides because it's what we enjoy. Unfortunately there's not much else apart from the usual general stuff.
We will of course visit Delos which will be a real highlight for us and spend time in Mykonos town as we do know it is beautiful and, hopefully, will have plenty of color from the spring flowers??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 2 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 3 Another tipping question: concierges
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 6 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 7 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 10 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 11 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 12 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 13 Trip Ideas
- 14 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 15 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 16 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 17 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 18 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 19 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 20 Spain in July
- 21 Acropolis Athens
- 22 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 23 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 24 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 25 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins