We have been invited to a wedding on the island in mid-May and have been working through Fodors Greece for information. It mentions this forum so hopefully someone can help.
We will be 7 days on the island, staying at a town hotel, and will have four days to do some exploring. We have budgeted for the travel costs, accommodation, food and car rental as we know it will be more expensive than some of the other islands we have visited.
Although the guides give us good general information can anyone here perhaps give us some additional help about places that can be found especially linked to history, culture or even interesting places where folks don't normally go to. That's what we have been looking for in the guides because it's what we enjoy. Unfortunately there's not much else apart from the usual general stuff.
We will of course visit Delos which will be a real highlight for us and spend time in Mykonos town as we do know it is beautiful and, hopefully, will have plenty of color from the spring flowers??
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 2 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 3 Swinoujscie Ferry Arrival
- 4 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 5 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 6 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 7 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 8 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 9 cell phone companys
- 10 Itinerary and Hotel Recommendations -- Amalfi Coast
- 11 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 12 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 13 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 14 Spain Itinerary Help
- 15 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 16 Ravello to Paestum
- 17 Barcelona completely overrated
- 18 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 19 Hotel recommendation in Berchtesgaden
- 20 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 21 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 22 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 23 Two weeks in Puglia - Help with itinerary please
- 24 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 25 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.