Today is a national holiday in France and everything is closed. We needed to top up our fuel before returning our rental car in Toulouse and during our drive from north of Sarlat we had seen no gas stations with human presence to take cash or swipe a US credit card. Finally, before getting on the A68 near Gaillac, we decided to try our card in a fuel pump behind the Leclerc store near exit 9 and it worked! It even asked us if we wanted to continue in French or change to English. No PIN was required. Maybe there's some hope out there for us card-challenged Americans. I was so happy and the gazole was cheap - 1.299/L.
My US Bank FlexPerks Visa with Chip worked in Leclerc Fuel Pump Today!!!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 2 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 3 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 4 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 5 Advises for trip to Russia
- 6 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 7 March 2013: Barcelona, Rome and Prague Trip Report
- 8 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 9 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 10 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 11 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 12 Naples on Christmas Eve--Beluga Bar or George's?
- 13 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 14 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 15 First time traveler to Ireland
- 16 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 17 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 18 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 19 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 20 Prague - must see
- 21 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 22 Spain - Andalucia
- 23 Car in Prague
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 My first visit to Ireland, next year.