Today is a national holiday in France and everything is closed. We needed to top up our fuel before returning our rental car in Toulouse and during our drive from north of Sarlat we had seen no gas stations with human presence to take cash or swipe a US credit card. Finally, before getting on the A68 near Gaillac, we decided to try our card in a fuel pump behind the Leclerc store near exit 9 and it worked! It even asked us if we wanted to continue in French or change to English. No PIN was required. Maybe there's some hope out there for us card-challenged Americans. I was so happy and the gazole was cheap - 1.299/L.
My US Bank FlexPerks Visa with Chip worked in Leclerc Fuel Pump Today!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 VENICE, Italy - Hotel Venezia Boscolo to ship cruise terminals
- 2 Venice, just arrived
- 3 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 4 Central London Hotels
- 5 First Trip to Europe
- 6 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 7 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 8 ITALY
- 9 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 10 Marmaris Hotel with ferry transfer
- 11 Globus Tours
- 12 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 13 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 14 Help for San Sebastian
- 15 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 16 3 days in Rome
- 17 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 18 2 Days in Rome
- 19 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 20 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 21 CNN votes Utrecht the worlds best cycling city
- 22 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 23 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 24 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 25 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please