Today is a national holiday in France and everything is closed. We needed to top up our fuel before returning our rental car in Toulouse and during our drive from north of Sarlat we had seen no gas stations with human presence to take cash or swipe a US credit card. Finally, before getting on the A68 near Gaillac, we decided to try our card in a fuel pump behind the Leclerc store near exit 9 and it worked! It even asked us if we wanted to continue in French or change to English. No PIN was required. Maybe there's some hope out there for us card-challenged Americans. I was so happy and the gazole was cheap - 1.299/L.
My US Bank FlexPerks Visa with Chip worked in Leclerc Fuel Pump Today!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 2 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 3 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 4 Tipping in the UK
- 5 Discount Card and itinerary for London for family of 4
- 6 Paris to Provence in 3 days ideas?
- 7 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 8 driving from Barcelona to Venice by car
- 9 Scotland Explorer Pass
- 10 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 11 Europe in December for 10 days
- 12 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 13 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 14 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 15 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 16 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 17 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 18 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 19 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 20 The "Perfect week" in Sicily???
- 21 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 22 Traffic Violation from Italy
- 23 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 24 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 25 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!