Today is a national holiday in France and everything is closed. We needed to top up our fuel before returning our rental car in Toulouse and during our drive from north of Sarlat we had seen no gas stations with human presence to take cash or swipe a US credit card. Finally, before getting on the A68 near Gaillac, we decided to try our card in a fuel pump behind the Leclerc store near exit 9 and it worked! It even asked us if we wanted to continue in French or change to English. No PIN was required. Maybe there's some hope out there for us card-challenged Americans. I was so happy and the gazole was cheap - 1.299/L.
My US Bank FlexPerks Visa with Chip worked in Leclerc Fuel Pump Today!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastian / Donostia
- 2 Trains
- 3 Train from Sarlat
- 4 Airb2b in Paris
- 5 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 6 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 7 Venice tourist travel pass
- 8 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 9 4 days in Scotland
- 10 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 11 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 12 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 13 Need help for unforgettable trip in PARIS
- 14 Sicily - Piazza Armerina from Siracusa?
- 15 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 16 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 19 From Orly to hotel in 8th arrondisement
- 20 BAR; SEV; MAD - Apr/May Activity: Running, Tennis and concerts ...
- 21 malaga to madrid train ?
- 22 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 23 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 24 London - Bar or Club to hear Live Soul/R&B Music
- 25 What American foods do Europeans love?