Today is a national holiday in France and everything is closed. We needed to top up our fuel before returning our rental car in Toulouse and during our drive from north of Sarlat we had seen no gas stations with human presence to take cash or swipe a US credit card. Finally, before getting on the A68 near Gaillac, we decided to try our card in a fuel pump behind the Leclerc store near exit 9 and it worked! It even asked us if we wanted to continue in French or change to English. No PIN was required. Maybe there's some hope out there for us card-challenged Americans. I was so happy and the gazole was cheap - 1.299/L.
My US Bank FlexPerks Visa with Chip worked in Leclerc Fuel Pump Today!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 2 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 3 Help - road trip from Munich to Bruges
- 4 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 5 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 6 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 7 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 8 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 9 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 10 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 11 biking in France
- 12 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 13 South of France - recommendations please!
- 14 Leaving for Paris in three weeks, what are the must "book ahead" sights?
- 15 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 16 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 17 Sienna at night
- 18 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 19 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 20 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 21 Siena Favorites?
- 22 Flying Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy to London
- 23 Help with France itinerary
- 24 Terrorism in Europe
- 25 Planning a trip to Northern Italy/Lake Como