Today is a national holiday in France and everything is closed. We needed to top up our fuel before returning our rental car in Toulouse and during our drive from north of Sarlat we had seen no gas stations with human presence to take cash or swipe a US credit card. Finally, before getting on the A68 near Gaillac, we decided to try our card in a fuel pump behind the Leclerc store near exit 9 and it worked! It even asked us if we wanted to continue in French or change to English. No PIN was required. Maybe there's some hope out there for us card-challenged Americans. I was so happy and the gazole was cheap - 1.299/L.
My US Bank FlexPerks Visa with Chip worked in Leclerc Fuel Pump Today!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 2 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 3 UK passport renewal from O'seas.
- 4 DayTrips from Madrid vs. Overnight
- 5 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 6 Trip to Cornwall with senior - logistics assistance please?
- 7 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 8 First time in Europe-France and Italy or just France?
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Barcelona and San Sebastian
- 10 Copies of passports & credit cars
- 11 Travel in Ireland in July 2015
- 12 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 13 Two Twentysomethings in Central Europe ITINERARY
- 14 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 15 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 16 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 17 Arctic Circle in December
- 18 Catalonia
- 19 Affordable language lessons/homestays in France?
- 20 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 21 Macarons!
- 22 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 23 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 24 7 days in Portugal-itinerary help
- 25 Sammezzano update