Today is a national holiday in France and everything is closed. We needed to top up our fuel before returning our rental car in Toulouse and during our drive from north of Sarlat we had seen no gas stations with human presence to take cash or swipe a US credit card. Finally, before getting on the A68 near Gaillac, we decided to try our card in a fuel pump behind the Leclerc store near exit 9 and it worked! It even asked us if we wanted to continue in French or change to English. No PIN was required. Maybe there's some hope out there for us card-challenged Americans. I was so happy and the gazole was cheap - 1.299/L.
My US Bank FlexPerks Visa with Chip worked in Leclerc Fuel Pump Today!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 3 Sardinia in early May
- 4 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 5 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 6 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 7 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 8 Venice; recommendations
- 9 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 10 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 11 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 12 Pre-Trip Jitters!
- 13 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 14 Restaurant recommendation for Milan
- 15 Bad Experience with Argus Car Hire Insurance offered by them
- 16 Baby cot
- 17 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 18 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 19 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 20 Hey Fodor's
- 21 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 22 Two-city, two-week vacation in late Oct
- 23 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 24 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 25 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece