Today is a national holiday in France and everything is closed. We needed to top up our fuel before returning our rental car in Toulouse and during our drive from north of Sarlat we had seen no gas stations with human presence to take cash or swipe a US credit card. Finally, before getting on the A68 near Gaillac, we decided to try our card in a fuel pump behind the Leclerc store near exit 9 and it worked! It even asked us if we wanted to continue in French or change to English. No PIN was required. Maybe there's some hope out there for us card-challenged Americans. I was so happy and the gazole was cheap - 1.299/L.
My US Bank FlexPerks Visa with Chip worked in Leclerc Fuel Pump Today!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 2 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 3 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 4 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 7 Street food in Turkey
- 8 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 9 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 10 Valencia Fallas GTG March 17th 1 pm Hotel Melia Plaza
- 11 Itinerary Help!
- 12 Toulouse and beyond -
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 One week in Venice - trips
- 15 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 16 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 17 Scotland
- 18 9 days in turkey
- 19 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 20 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 21 UK for 12 days !
- 22 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 24 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 25 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014