For those of you that remember me, I am happy to say I made it across the UK border. The officer gave me a hard time, but I was prepared with my bank statements, letter from my flat agency, and nothing to declare, such as finding work. He didn't look too happy while he was stamping my passport of approval. but whatever, I won the battle and there was nothing he could do about it . Anyway, did you know that it can cost 55 quid for a 20-30 min cab ride?? Geez! The cab driver dropped me off at the agency (which actually exists), and they gave me my keys for my flat. So HAHA my apartment is REAL The only thing I don't like about it, is the fact that it's hard for me to open the front door. I had to ask 3 different people to help me out and open it for me. I'm not very good with keys Everyone is so polite here, and I was surprised to find so many cars driving about when it's a small village. My other problem is that I don't have a cellphone. Also does anyone know any cheap internet/broadband out there? No rude comments please.
My travel update!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid: City Views
- 2 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 3 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 4 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 5 London Itinerary (4 Days)
- 6 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 7 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 8 Gifts from the States for European Hosts
- 9 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 10 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 11 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 12 How to make this adventure work?
- 13 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 14 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 15 dining in Brussels
- 16 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 17 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 18 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 19 using airbnb for the first time...
- 20 My Turkey Trip Had Ups and Downs
- 21 plug adapters ITALY
- 22 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 23 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 24 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 25 How much luggage?????