For those of you that remember me, I am happy to say I made it across the UK border. The officer gave me a hard time, but I was prepared with my bank statements, letter from my flat agency, and nothing to declare, such as finding work. He didn't look too happy while he was stamping my passport of approval. but whatever, I won the battle and there was nothing he could do about it . Anyway, did you know that it can cost 55 quid for a 20-30 min cab ride?? Geez! The cab driver dropped me off at the agency (which actually exists), and they gave me my keys for my flat. So HAHA my apartment is REAL The only thing I don't like about it, is the fact that it's hard for me to open the front door. I had to ask 3 different people to help me out and open it for me. I'm not very good with keys Everyone is so polite here, and I was surprised to find so many cars driving about when it's a small village. My other problem is that I don't have a cellphone. Also does anyone know any cheap internet/broadband out there? No rude comments please.
My travel update!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 2 Lavender Fields
- 3 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 4 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 5 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 6 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 7 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 8 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 9 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 10 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 11 Munich
- 12 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 13 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 14 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 15 Domus Aurea (Rome) -- still closed?
- 16 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 17 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 18 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 19 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 20 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 21 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 22 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 23 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 24 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 25 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome