I blame Bono.
Ten years ago, an eon, really – before marriage, mortgage, little boys – my boyfriend and I slouched on a futon in a drafty garden "apartment" in Paris' 4th, swilling $2 Bordeaux from juice glasses and listening to Beautiful Day for the 5th time in 2 days on the same radio station, estimating that given the time actually spent in said apartment between sightseeing etc. they must be hitting Replay before the last chord. Psychological programming, bells with salivation, I associate the song with Paris, and the only worthwhile station in my area slid it into rotation a few months back, just in time to nose around for our annual Every Child Left Behind getaway.
Ah, but budgetary straitjackets, nosediving Dollars, and the realization that neither my arse nor my amygdala thinks that crappy backpacker beds in sketchy 'hood hotels are romantic (anymore) meant that other options had to be explored; someplace new, less spendy, and within relatively easy reach in case my folks sent up a flare or two.
I threw in the earplugs and threw down the Visa. Bye-bye Bono and Bordeaux, hello Budapest.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Cooking Secrets
- 2 Get Ultimate Fun with England Escorts in the Bedroom
- 3 Travel vs. Babies
- 4 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 5 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 6 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 7 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 8 Italy - rental car damages query
- 9 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 10 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 11 Flights between Rome, Paris, London- I have questions!
- 12 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 13 20 Days in Europe
- 14 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 15 10 days in Ireland! Ready? Shoot.
- 16 Farmhouse stay in Ireland?
- 17 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 18 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 19 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 20 Trip summary: London, England, July 2016
- 21 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 22 Verona and Lake Garda
- 23 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 24 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 25 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
I blame Bono.