I blame Bono.
Ten years ago, an eon, really – before marriage, mortgage, little boys – my boyfriend and I slouched on a futon in a drafty garden "apartment" in Paris' 4th, swilling $2 Bordeaux from juice glasses and listening to Beautiful Day for the 5th time in 2 days on the same radio station, estimating that given the time actually spent in said apartment between sightseeing etc. they must be hitting Replay before the last chord. Psychological programming, bells with salivation, I associate the song with Paris, and the only worthwhile station in my area slid it into rotation a few months back, just in time to nose around for our annual Every Child Left Behind getaway.
Ah, but budgetary straitjackets, nosediving Dollars, and the realization that neither my arse nor my amygdala thinks that crappy backpacker beds in sketchy 'hood hotels are romantic (anymore) meant that other options had to be explored; someplace new, less spendy, and within relatively easy reach in case my folks sent up a flare or two.
I threw in the earplugs and threw down the Visa. Bye-bye Bono and Bordeaux, hello Budapest.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U.S) YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:844:669:7811 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 3 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 4 Happy birthday ATM
- 5 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 6 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 7 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 8 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 9 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 10 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 11 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 12 BG/SLBC/MTN/DLC/LC FOR LEASE AND PURCHACE
- 13 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 14 B&Bs in Pisa, Parma & Bologna, Hotel in Milan
- 15 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 16 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 17 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 18 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 19 Spain - day driver advice
- 20 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 21 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 22 London with Teens Trip Report
- 23 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 24 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 25 Lake Como AREA questions
I blame Bono.