I blame Bono.
Ten years ago, an eon, really – before marriage, mortgage, little boys – my boyfriend and I slouched on a futon in a drafty garden "apartment" in Paris' 4th, swilling $2 Bordeaux from juice glasses and listening to Beautiful Day for the 5th time in 2 days on the same radio station, estimating that given the time actually spent in said apartment between sightseeing etc. they must be hitting Replay before the last chord. Psychological programming, bells with salivation, I associate the song with Paris, and the only worthwhile station in my area slid it into rotation a few months back, just in time to nose around for our annual Every Child Left Behind getaway.
Ah, but budgetary straitjackets, nosediving Dollars, and the realization that neither my arse nor my amygdala thinks that crappy backpacker beds in sketchy 'hood hotels are romantic (anymore) meant that other options had to be explored; someplace new, less spendy, and within relatively easy reach in case my folks sent up a flare or two.
I threw in the earplugs and threw down the Visa. Bye-bye Bono and Bordeaux, hello Budapest.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 2 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 3 I'm back.....
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Where to stop between Dijon & the Loire Valley (Chinon)?
- 6 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 7 6 Aussies escape to France - Paris, Provence & Dordogne
- 8 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 9 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 10 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 11 Need Ireland Itinerary Help
- 12 Switzerland itinerary help
- 13 Slovania & Croatia
- 14 Asian food and shopping in Dublin ????
- 15 5 days in Provence
- 16 Parking in Italy
- 17 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 18 Another Alhambra Ticket Question
- 19 1 week in Malaga
- 20 Lisbon hotel: Tivoli or Bairro Alto hotels?
- 21 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 22 Looking for a apartment recommendation for Dijon
- 23 Transportation in Bologna
- 24 Amsterdam vs. France
- 25 Where to stay in Dijon, France
I blame Bono.