I blame Bono.
Ten years ago, an eon, really – before marriage, mortgage, little boys – my boyfriend and I slouched on a futon in a drafty garden "apartment" in Paris' 4th, swilling $2 Bordeaux from juice glasses and listening to Beautiful Day for the 5th time in 2 days on the same radio station, estimating that given the time actually spent in said apartment between sightseeing etc. they must be hitting Replay before the last chord. Psychological programming, bells with salivation, I associate the song with Paris, and the only worthwhile station in my area slid it into rotation a few months back, just in time to nose around for our annual Every Child Left Behind getaway.
Ah, but budgetary straitjackets, nosediving Dollars, and the realization that neither my arse nor my amygdala thinks that crappy backpacker beds in sketchy 'hood hotels are romantic (anymore) meant that other options had to be explored; someplace new, less spendy, and within relatively easy reach in case my folks sent up a flare or two.
I threw in the earplugs and threw down the Visa. Bye-bye Bono and Bordeaux, hello Budapest.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노게임사이트•• 艺━┫＼【 WLD333.cℴm 】＼┣━••艺 카지노게임사이트
- 2 Germany
- 3 tipping
- 4 Madrid Spain Hotels near Prado Museum
- 5 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 6 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 7 London Paris
- 8 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 9 Vienna sights and tickets to sights in Prague and Budapest
- 10 Amalfi vs Tuscany
- 11 Where to go? Iceland vs Czech Republic?
- 12 Italy Itinerary for 8 days
- 13 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 14 Scotland: Summer Days in Skye
- 15 Visiting Cornwall without a car?
- 16 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 17 The DCC scam is spreading
- 18 What clothes?
- 19 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 20 Rome at Christmas
- 21 CDG airport, 2 tickets
- 22 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 23 The One Trip to Rule Them All
- 24 10 full days in Italy, creating an itinerary based on interests
- 25 4 Country Itinerary
I blame Bono.