What better place to relive my Swiss moments than here? Yes, it's been over two years since I was in Switzerland, but now is a good time to recapture my most memorable moments! So, here they are:
1. Waking up before sunrise and seeing the Matterhorn in all of its splendid glory (not an exaggeration).
2. Cable car ride in Zermatt with colorful sun flowers blooming down below, and cows closing in on our cable car.
3. The "powder blue" alpine water streams all over the place.
4. The stark contrast between the dark green forest, pristine blue skies, and snow capped mountain.
5. Horse and buggy ride through the lush forest and hearing faint cow bells (music to my ears) off in the distance.
6. Engaging with a local Swiss man who wanted to practice his English (which was a heck of a lot better than my German).
7. Peering through the windows of the little chocolate shops, and eventually succumbing to buying and devouring chocolates.
8. Looking out my window in St. Moritz and watching black and white goats parade through the streets.
9. Seeing an 80 year old gentleman hang glide off a Swiss mountain.
10. Snow tubing in the middle of summer, then drinking Swiss hot chocolate afterwards.
11. Being pulled on stage to yodel (cheesy, yet memorable).
12. Walking through the mountain with the mighty Truemmelbach Waterfalls thundering next to me.
13. Dining with friends and sampling each other's fondue.
14. Experiencing a mountain train.
15. Did I mention the chocolate? Oh yeah-there's the chocolate.
Ah...yes. A wonderful trip indeed. Up next, France. I can't wait to see what delights she will bring.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 2 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 3 London vacation rental agency
- 4 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 5 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 6 Trains in Italy
- 7 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 8 Borghese Gallery Question
- 9 Sim Card
- 10 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 11 Airline to Rome
- 12 Finland around Christmas time?
- 13 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 16 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 17 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 18 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 19 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 20 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 21 Transport for local Venice travel
- 22 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 23 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 24 SE ITALY
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each