What better place to relive my Swiss moments than here? Yes, it's been over two years since I was in Switzerland, but now is a good time to recapture my most memorable moments! So, here they are:
1. Waking up before sunrise and seeing the Matterhorn in all of its splendid glory (not an exaggeration).
2. Cable car ride in Zermatt with colorful sun flowers blooming down below, and cows closing in on our cable car.
3. The "powder blue" alpine water streams all over the place.
4. The stark contrast between the dark green forest, pristine blue skies, and snow capped mountain.
5. Horse and buggy ride through the lush forest and hearing faint cow bells (music to my ears) off in the distance.
6. Engaging with a local Swiss man who wanted to practice his English (which was a heck of a lot better than my German).
7. Peering through the windows of the little chocolate shops, and eventually succumbing to buying and devouring chocolates.
8. Looking out my window in St. Moritz and watching black and white goats parade through the streets.
9. Seeing an 80 year old gentleman hang glide off a Swiss mountain.
10. Snow tubing in the middle of summer, then drinking Swiss hot chocolate afterwards.
11. Being pulled on stage to yodel (cheesy, yet memorable).
12. Walking through the mountain with the mighty Truemmelbach Waterfalls thundering next to me.
13. Dining with friends and sampling each other's fondue.
14. Experiencing a mountain train.
15. Did I mention the chocolate? Oh yeah-there's the chocolate.
Ah...yes. A wonderful trip indeed. Up next, France. I can't wait to see what delights she will bring.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 2 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 3 Itinerary help
- 4 Cash machines ATM
- 5 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 6 YIKES!
- 7 ideas for four days in Reykjavic
- 8 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 9 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 10 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 11 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 12 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 13 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 14 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 15 Charming areas to explore in London
- 16 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 17 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 17 days Slovenia croatia
- 19 Is Mittenwald a good base for outdoor activities, etc?
- 20 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 21 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 22 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 23 Swiss Pass
- 24 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 25 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums