I'm needing some assistance please on our Italy itinerary for this August! We will be arriving from Zermatt, Switzerland. I have a plan but wondered if I could get some insight on if this is a good route to take, or is there a better way?? I have done a lot of research and have a good idea of what we want to see, so I'm more after logistic advice and whether the plan works or if there is a better option in terms of how to travel to places and also the order I am seeing them. The only things that are fixed are the following:
* We are entering Italy from Zermatt. We have confirmed accommodation here so this can't be changed
*We are ending our Italy journey in Rome as we have a flight to Split Croatia from here.
This is the plan so far!
Day 1: Travelling from Zermatt----------Lake Como. Staying in Argegno. Via train it seems to be over a 7hr journey.... so therefore I wonder what the roads are like to drive ourselves between these places instead? Driving seems to be more like a 3-3.5hr journey not including any stops we wish to make. We have parking at our accommodation at Argegno, so would just be after advice on whether it is best to drive or deal with the transfers and take trains & Busses.
Day 2 & 3: Argegno and exploring other towns around Lake Como:
Day 4: Travelling via car from Argegno-------------La Spezia (Cinque Terra Coast) = 3.5hrs. Staying somewhere on the coast where there is parking available
Day 5: Exploring up and down the Cinque Terra Coast either via car or train? Can anyone tell me the best way to explore this region as we will have a car but can park it at our accommodation and then take trains to where we need to go if this is a lot easier.
Day 6: Driving from La Spezia------------------to somewhere around Tuscany
On this day we were planning an easy going drive exploring the small towns close to Florence. How are the roads from the coast to these areas? Would this be the best way to see a few towns, stopping where we wish, or should we leave the car at La Spezia and take a train direct to 1 or 2 towns?
Also I'm after any tips on somewhere nice to stay overnight in this region before heading to Florence the next day!
Day 7: Drive (Or train) from our accommodation to Florence & drop off the car on the way f we still have this.
Day 8 & 9: Florence
Day 10: Take the train from Florence-------------Venice in the morning.
Day 11: Venice
Day 12: Train from Venice-------Rome
Day 13, 14 & 15: Rome
Day 16: Flying out to Split from Italy.
We are both in our early 30's. Quite happy to fly around like this to see what we can as this will be our first and only trip to Europe before Kiddies! We have done plenty of road trips overseas, and are ok travelling large distances when needed. My hubby is also a very good driver, and has mastered driving on the opposite side of the road (to us in Australia!) so I'm confident we will be ok.
I look forward to your responses and am flexible in changing the order of places around if this works better!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 2 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 3 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 4 www.adal.ml 아찔한 달리기 구의오피 구의건마 구의휴게텔 구의마사지 구의키스방
- 5 제주도오피 아찔한달리기 제주도건마 www.adal.ml 제주도휴게텔 제주도마사지
- 6 아달 www.adal.ml 신논현오피 신논현건마 신논현휴게텔 신논현마사지
- 7 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 8 시흥오피 아찔한 달리기 시흥건마 www.adal.ml 시흥휴게텔 시흥마사지 시흥키스방
- 9 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 10 www.adal.ml 아달 상봉오피 상봉건마 상봉휴게텔 상봉마사지 상봉키스방
- 11 목동오피 아찔한 달리기 목동건마 www.adal.ml 목동휴게텔 목동마사지 목동키스방
- 12 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
- 13 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 14 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 15 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 16 "Never Mind"
- 17 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 18 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 19 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 20 Nafplio to Hydra
- 21 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 22 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 23 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 24 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 25 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?