I am planning an interrail europe trip with family (5 of us) from beginning of august. We are planning on getting 15 days continuous pass. My plan so far is below:
Day 1: London --> Paris --> Berlin (no stop in paris)
Day 2: Berlin
Day 3: Berlin --> Munich
Day 4: Munich --> Zurich
Day 5: Zurich
Day 6: Zurich --> Bern
Day 7: Train travel in switz
Day 8: Bern --> Zurich --> Rome (no stop in zurich)
Day 9: Rome
Day 10: Rome --> Venice
Day 11: Venice --> Milan --> Barcelona (no stop in milan)
Day 12: Barcelona
Day 13: Barcelona --> Madrid
Day 14: Madrid --> Paris
Day 15: Paris
Day 16: Paris
Day 17: Paris --> London
I will be using pass for first 15 days. Any suggestions to this plan? The problem I am coming across is that most of these trains require reservations. Some are reasonable prices but the one's in spain and spain to paris are super expensive. I know this is a lot of travel but hopefully its doable.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 2 travel fan 220v?
- 3 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 4 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 5 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 6 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 7 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 8 Guide in Russia
- 9 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 10 WWI Battlefields
- 11 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 12 Visiting Zurich
- 13 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 14 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 15 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 16 Switzerland
- 17 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 18 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 19 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 20 Zadar or Sibenik
- 21 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 22 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 23 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 24 Rent a Car?
- 25 Whistle stop family road trip