I’m a solo, active, off-the-beaten-path, first time Europe traveler looking to experience the nature and culture of Europe!
My work is sending me to Elspeet, Netherlands to run a retreat for a week September 6-11th. From Elspeet my current plan is to head to Amsterdam for two days, take the train to Paris for two days and fly from Paris to end in Nice for 2 1/2 days before flying out at 6 am Saturday morning September 19th back to Minnesota.
Also I am a jewelry designer and I am hoping to find some vintage/old jewelry and beads at markets my new designs. This is the priority of my trip! Anything like this in the Netherlands? Paris? Nice? In between? What's your advice?? Where should I go for local markets and antiques? Are there any good bead stores, shops craft places in these locations? Are here better countries for this?
I am planning on flying out of Nice because I want to enjoy at least one day doing mostly nothing but relaxing and designing on the beach and Nice seems to be the closest to Paris. Thoughts?
Any thing helps!! Thank you for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 2 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Athens
- 5 Spain in July
- 6 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 7 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 8 10 days in Paris and......
- 9 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 10 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 11 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 12 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 13 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 14 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 We're here!
- 18 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 19 Budapest & Prague
- 20 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 21 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 22 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 23 driving from ancona to rome
- 24 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 25 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!