I’m a solo, active, off-the-beaten-path, first time Europe traveler looking to experience the nature and culture of Europe!
My work is sending me to Elspeet, Netherlands to run a retreat for a week September 6-11th. From Elspeet my current plan is to head to Amsterdam for two days, take the train to Paris for two days and fly from Paris to end in Nice for 2 1/2 days before flying out at 6 am Saturday morning September 19th back to Minnesota.
Also I am a jewelry designer and I am hoping to find some vintage/old jewelry and beads at markets my new designs. This is the priority of my trip! Anything like this in the Netherlands? Paris? Nice? In between? What's your advice?? Where should I go for local markets and antiques? Are there any good bead stores, shops craft places in these locations? Are here better countries for this?
I am planning on flying out of Nice because I want to enjoy at least one day doing mostly nothing but relaxing and designing on the beach and Nice seems to be the closest to Paris. Thoughts?
Any thing helps!! Thank you for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 2 Safety in Rome
- 3 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 4 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 5 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 6 Europe First Timers
- 7 Greek Village
- 8 Crete Holiday
- 9 Athens Help
- 10 One free day in Barcelona
- 11 Apartment Montreux area
- 12 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 15 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 16 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 17 base in brussels
- 18 Seeking reasonable itinerary for 16 days
- 19 Rome or Venice first
- 20 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 21 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 22 Berlin
- 23 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 24 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 25 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam