I’m a solo, active, off-the-beaten-path, first time Europe traveler looking to experience the nature and culture of Europe!
My work is sending me to Elspeet, Netherlands to run a retreat for a week September 6-11th. From Elspeet my current plan is to head to Amsterdam for two days, take the train to Paris for two days and fly from Paris to end in Nice for 2 1/2 days before flying out at 6 am Saturday morning September 19th back to Minnesota.
Also I am a jewelry designer and I am hoping to find some vintage/old jewelry and beads at markets my new designs. This is the priority of my trip! Anything like this in the Netherlands? Paris? Nice? In between? What's your advice?? Where should I go for local markets and antiques? Are there any good bead stores, shops craft places in these locations? Are here better countries for this?
I am planning on flying out of Nice because I want to enjoy at least one day doing mostly nothing but relaxing and designing on the beach and Nice seems to be the closest to Paris. Thoughts?
Any thing helps!! Thank you for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 2 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 3 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 4 Scotland - We're Here!
- 5 Paris for children
- 6 IWM
- 7 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 8 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 9 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 10 Guided Vatican Tours
- 11 Avoid Europcar!
- 12 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 13 Anyone travel with to Europe with ISE when they were in college?
- 14 Couscous
- 15 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 16 Train / Calabria
- 17 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 18 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 19 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 20 London in Winter Report
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 22 16 days in France and Italy
- 23 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 24 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 25 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?