I’m a solo, active, off-the-beaten-path, first time Europe traveler looking to experience the nature and culture of Europe!
My work is sending me to Elspeet, Netherlands to run a retreat for a week September 6-11th. From Elspeet my current plan is to head to Amsterdam for two days, take the train to Paris for two days and fly from Paris to end in Nice for 2 1/2 days before flying out at 6 am Saturday morning September 19th back to Minnesota.
Also I am a jewelry designer and I am hoping to find some vintage/old jewelry and beads at markets my new designs. This is the priority of my trip! Anything like this in the Netherlands? Paris? Nice? In between? What's your advice?? Where should I go for local markets and antiques? Are there any good bead stores, shops craft places in these locations? Are here better countries for this?
I am planning on flying out of Nice because I want to enjoy at least one day doing mostly nothing but relaxing and designing on the beach and Nice seems to be the closest to Paris. Thoughts?
Any thing helps!! Thank you for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague itinerary advice
- 2 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 3 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 4 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 5 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 6 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 7 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 8 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 9 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 10 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 11 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 12 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 13 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 14 Self drive tour companies
- 15 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 16 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 Italian lakes
- 19 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 20 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 21 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 22 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 23 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 24 10 day Italy
- 25 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof