I’m a solo, active, off-the-beaten-path, first time Europe traveler looking to experience the nature and culture of Europe!
My work is sending me to Elspeet, Netherlands to run a retreat for a week September 6-11th. From Elspeet my current plan is to head to Amsterdam for two days, take the train to Paris for two days and fly from Paris to end in Nice for 2 1/2 days before flying out at 6 am Saturday morning September 19th back to Minnesota.
Also I am a jewelry designer and I am hoping to find some vintage/old jewelry and beads at markets my new designs. This is the priority of my trip! Anything like this in the Netherlands? Paris? Nice? In between? What's your advice?? Where should I go for local markets and antiques? Are there any good bead stores, shops craft places in these locations? Are here better countries for this?
I am planning on flying out of Nice because I want to enjoy at least one day doing mostly nothing but relaxing and designing on the beach and Nice seems to be the closest to Paris. Thoughts?
Any thing helps!! Thank you for your time!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days itinerary for France
- 2 Italy
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 5 Bernina Express mid-March
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 8 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 9 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 10 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 11 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 12 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 13 Ireland travel passport question
- 14 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 15 where to stay in London?
- 16 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 17 vienna
- 18 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 19 Questions about Polish sights
- 20 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 21 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 22 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 23 Juangfrau / mt
- 24 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 25 Switzerland