We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 2 Engadine Valley help
- 3 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 4 Tuscany 6 nights
- 5 Ireland travel passport question
- 6 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 7 French restaurants
- 8 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 9 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 10 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 11 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 12 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 13 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 14 Planning a European Trip
- 15 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 16 France & Italy, May or June
- 17 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 18 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 19 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 20 San Sebastian
- 21 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 22 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 23 Lisbon trip report
- 24 restaurants in Marais district
- 25 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?