We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
my first time 2-week Turkey trip plan
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague for a week?
- 2 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 3 SFO - CDG RT$769 ! Jump on it
- 4 Marry in Venice travel to Florence, Rome, AC, Naples
- 5 Tight Transfer at Gatwick
- 6 Passport stamp in the UK
- 7 England, Scotland and Ireland Self-guided Tours
- 8 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 9 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 10 What's your suggestion ????
- 11 Germany and Switzerland
- 12 Best london location to stay?
- 13 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 14 Ireland itinerary and accommodations advice?
- 15 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 16 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 17 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 18 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 19 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 20 Three 3 Day weekends in Ireland!
- 21 Sleeper Coaches Tickets from Krakow to Budapest -- Cheap Sparnight fares
- 22 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 23 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 24 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 25 Paris Accomodation, Which District