We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant recommendations Athens
- 2 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 3 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 4 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 5 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 6 Travel help laundary
- 7 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 8 Almafi Coast Vs. French Riviera
- 9 Bruges to Brussels Central
- 10 Itinerary for 3 weeks in Italy
- 11 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 12 Is credit card rental car insurance worth it??
- 13 Croatia to Italy last week in September through October (Bernina Express?)
- 14 Getting to Cinque Terre from Croatia
- 15 Train to Sorrento
- 16 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 17 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 18 6 nights in Dublin
- 19 Kerry /Dingle Bus Tour
- 20 Trip Report: Ghent, Normandy and Brittany
- 21 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 22 Puglia and Matera
- 23 Going to Istanbul for 3 days
- 24 Help with 1 week in Normandy / Loire Valley
- 25 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015