We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
my first time 2-week Turkey trip plan
- 1 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 2 Don't slight Bruges
- 3 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 4 Moonliner bus question - can you help please?
- 5 BULGARIA/GOLDEN SANDS/BALKAN HOLIDAYS
- 6 Golden Sands Bulgaria online guide
- 7 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 8 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 9 American Citizen Buying a Home in Spain
- 10 Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
- 11 Rome's night of the museums 18 May 2013
- 12 Travel in Spain
- 13 When is the best time to buy train tickets/where?
- 14 Germany: From the Mosel to Munich - A Detailed Trip Report
- 15 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 16 Gothenburg or Aarhus?
- 17 Seems to me this forum is a lot less active than in years past....
- 18 Lucerne where to stay
- 19 Torun and Zamosc similar?
- 20 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 21 I Need To Vent!
- 22 France: CDG to Beaune
- 23 Athens licensed tour guide
- 24 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 25 Transportation from Landshut to Munich Airport?