We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Final Four
- 2 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 3 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 4 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 5 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 6 Help with basic itinerary
- 7 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 8 Visit to Engand
- 9 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 10 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 11 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 12 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 13 Cornwall UK
- 14 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 15 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 16 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 17 Short Trip to Paris
- 18 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 19 Alhambra ticket confusions
- 20 Cinqueterre
- 21 Parking in Girona
- 22 1 week in andalusia in early June - suggestions please
- 23 Denmark-UBER has left the building.
- 24 SNCF - low price for summer
- 25 Seeking advice on apt rental