We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 2 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 3 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 4 Drinks in Spain
- 5 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 6 Gelato course in Rome?
- 7 Ali
- 8 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 9 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 10 Too much for one day?
- 11 Travel WiFi - France
- 12 Norfolk base
- 13 Lipari to Capri??
- 14 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 15 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 16 Iceland Trip report
- 17 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 18 12 days europe
- 19 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 20 Spain Itinerary Help
- 21 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 22 RFID Protection
- 23 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 24 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 25 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris