We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 2 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 3 Lon term Car Hire Guide for Italy
- 4 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 5 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 6 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 7 Public Transport information App/Website
- 8 London with kids
- 9 First Time Europe Trip
- 10 Spain, Madrid, 2 nights w/car
- 11 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 12 Luxury Apartment Rentals in Rome
- 13 Tenerife - Best attractions
- 14 10 day trip - very initial thinking
- 15 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 16 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 17 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 18 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 19 Loans 15,000 kr. and you have them about 45. minutes
- 20 Croatia travel ideas
- 21 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995
- 22 River Boat Cruise
- 23 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 24 Hotel advice
- 25 Southern Spain or Sicily in early to mid March