We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 2 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 3 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 4 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 5 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 6 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 7 VRBO Neighborhood
- 8 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 9 Barcelona extension
- 10 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 11 Enjoying England for a year!
- 12 Madrid city centre?
- 13 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 14 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 15 Ireland driving itinerary
- 16 Europe itinerary
- 17 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 18 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 19 French Riviera
- 20 Southern Italy
- 21 Trip Report: Hungary & Romania, May-June 2005. Re-posted to eliminate errors.
- 22 England in a week - what's realistic
- 23 Visiting St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- 24 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 25 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice