We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 2 Travel guide paris
- 3 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Go To Paris
- 4 My Topic Titlelast minute stupid question
- 5 Airport Strikes in Spain
- 6 Best city in Europe to visit during winter
- 7 London
- 8 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 9 Touring Rome
- 10 Calling on all Alps hiking experts for some advice
- 11 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 12 Basque region and/or Galicia?
- 13 Cornwall and Germany
- 14 Northern Wales Itinerary Review
- 15 Florence: a piece of precious, magical art in its own right
- 16 Where can I find the best steak in London?
- 17 honeymoon eats and drinks
- 18 England/Scotland in January?
- 19 First visit to Paris, 6 days
- 20 first time to Europe: London Paris & ?
- 21 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 22 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 23 lodging in/near madrid
- 24 October trip to St. Petersburg, Tallinn and Helsinki?
- 25 November Eastern Europe Trip