We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
my first time 2-week Turkey trip plan
- 1 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 2 Recommended apartment rental in Verona?
- 3 Ryan Air
- 4 A full week in The Netherlands
- 5 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 6 Albania for Beginners
- 7 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 8 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 9 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 10 Chambermaid tipping
- 11 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 12 Has Anyone Used Rome Sweet Home?
- 13 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 14 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 15 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 16 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 17 London for Christmas
- 18 Russian Tour Operators for Independent Travelers
- 19 Istanbul hotels
- 20 1st time to Italy...Cinque Terre, Florence and which Tuscan hill town?
- 21 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 22 south eastern europe by train and walking
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Family European winter holiday
- 25 TROMSO - 70 years old