We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
my first time 2-week Turkey trip plan
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 2 So that is why German hotels have such expensive WIFI
- 3 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 4 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 5 Taormina Sicily
- 6 Venice/Rome/Florence/London
- 7 Portugal in January
- 8 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 9 choosing seats at La Scala
- 10 Please help! 3weeks Europe Holiday Itinerary holiday
- 11 What is the best way to get to Frankfurt from Pozieres
- 12 Day trips from Lisbon
- 13 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 14 Paris and where else?
- 15 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 16 Dolomites - Where to stay!
- 17 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 18 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 19 Activ holiday in Andalusia
- 20 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 21 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 22 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 23 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 24 Italian Lakes
- 25 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS