We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 2 Italy
- 3 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 4 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 5 Drive from Munich to Prague to Budapest to Vienna and return to Munich
- 6 Florence to Pisa Round Trip
- 7 Utrecht plus ?? beginning of July with family
- 8 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 9 Rain forecast Provence next Sunday and Monday. Any suggestions?
- 10 Lake Como - basta!
- 11 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 12 France to stop making foie grois
- 13 Arriving Athens at night
- 14 Stay in Sorrento, Positano or Amalfi?
- 15 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 16 European travel, what to see?
- 17 Athens airport
- 18 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 19 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 20 please revew provence agenda
- 21 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 22 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 23 Scenic route from Montepuciano to Siena
- 24 Provence and Amalfi Small Town bases
- 25 Trip Report: Family4travels to Barcelona and Morocco: tapas, Gaudi, tents & tangines