We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 2 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 3 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 6 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 7 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 8 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 9 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 10 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 11 Corsica experts: Where should I spend an extra night?
- 12 8 Days in Corsica--Not Enough!
- 13 Italy by car
- 14 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 15 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 16 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 17 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 18 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 19 T Mobile Does it Again
- 20 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 21 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 22 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 23 Seville Itinerary
- 24 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 25 Dolomites October 14-18