We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
my first time 2-week Turkey trip plan
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 2 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 3 VISA question
- 4 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 5 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 6 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 7 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 8 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 9 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 10 France,Spain,Italy
- 11 Which european city?
- 12 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 13 Schengen Visa Rules
- 14 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 15 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 16 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 17 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 18 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 19 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 20 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 21 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 22 Scotland November 2015
- 23 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 24 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 25 All Set To Go!!