We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
my first time 2-week Turkey trip plan
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 2 Is Easter week 2015 too early for Keukenhof garden?
- 3 12 days in italy help
- 4 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 5 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 6 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 7 Mont St. Michele?
- 8 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 9 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 10 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation
- 11 Holy Week in Seville 2015
- 12 11 day trip Switzerland & France please help for Itinerary
- 13 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 14 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 15 North side of Thun Lake Switzerland as a lodging base
- 16 Stay in Venice
- 17 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 18 Our first trip to Europe
- 19 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 20 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 21 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 22 Athens and which islands?
- 23 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 24 London 2-for-1: Using an "unused" Train Ticket
- 25 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?