We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
my first time 2-week Turkey trip plan
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London hotel
- 2 Europe in 21 days
- 3 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 4 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 5 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 6 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 7 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 8 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 9 Hotel in Venice
- 10 hotels in Seville
- 11 London tube
- 12 7 days in Greece
- 13 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 14 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 15 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 16 Tours For Young Professionals Other Than Contiki
- 17 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 18 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 19 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 20 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 21 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 22 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 23 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 24 Berlin/Prague Itinerary Too Much, Too Little?
- 25 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba