We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 2 Ronda Wine/biking
- 3 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 4 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 5 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 6 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 7 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 8 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 11 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 12 Italy bus or train
- 13 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 14 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 15 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 16 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 17 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 18 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 19 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 20 Praiano
- 21 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 22 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 23 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 24 Travelling through Europe by RV in May 2017
- 25 Versailles & musical fountains: Touristy or Magical? Skip it or Don't Miss?