We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
my first time 2-week Turkey trip plan
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 2 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 3 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 4 4-6 weeks
- 5 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 6 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 7 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 8 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 9 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 10 Eiffel tower tickets
- 11 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 12 Venice Banning Fodors
- 13 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 14 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 15 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 16 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 17 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 18 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 19 France, Italy and Greec
- 20 How to pay tolls in Portugal when there is no toll booth
- 21 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 22 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 23 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 24 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 25 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)