We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U.S) VERIZON Password Reset CONTACT 1:800:540:6830 VERIZON Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Day in Capri
- 3 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 6 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 7 First visit to London
- 8 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 9 Rome hotel
- 10 Villa in Italy
- 11 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 12 Help me make this possible!
- 13 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 14 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 15 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 16 One night in the Dolomites
- 17 Vatican tour
- 18 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 19 Places to stop/stay?
- 20 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 21 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 22 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 23 Route Information
- 24 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 25 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?