We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cinque Terre
- 2 Barcelona sites: attire
- 3 Barcelona Itinerary
- 4 London(ish) calling. 33C at 10:00am!
- 5 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 6 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 7 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 8 Referendum in Greece
- 9 Travel tips for Budapest-July 2016
- 10 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 11 Paris Visite pass
- 12 Girona to Torla-where to stay along the way
- 13 Driving Itinerary in Austria Advice Please
- 14 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 15 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 16 Lisbon
- 17 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 18 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 19 short trip klon to koblenz
- 20 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 21 Switzeraland Iternary
- 22 barcelona
- 23 Amsterdam & Paris in peak season
- 24 Train Travel in Germany
- 25 Castle Hunters on HGTV - anyone watch?