We are mid-aged couple, love photography, enjoy new experience with different culture and moderate hiking for scenic views, travel with low-moderate budget at moderate pace.
I’m planning a trip to Turkey in late May:
flight to Istanbul 3 nights
flight to Izmir, rent a car to explore Pamukkale and its neighbors 4-5 nights
stay in Cesme 2-3 nights
flight back to Istanbul 3 nights then flight home.
I thought of going to Goreme, but thinking of the long exhausting bus ride or flight + bus, I tend to cut it off so be less stressful while explore more around Aegean coast and Istanbul.
My questions are:
1. Is my plan efficient overall (sightseeing, time, cost)?
2. Is driving convenient or better off by taking a bus from site to site?
3. What should I be aware of if driving around Pamukkale and Aegean coastal area? (I only did driving in Southern Germany in Europe)
4. Which scenic or unique local site I must not miss in this trip?
Your tips and recommendations are greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 2 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 3 First Trip to Europe!
- 4 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 5 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 6 Paris Under Seige...
- 7 Rue des Rosiers
- 8 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 9 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 10 Scotland Trip
- 11 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 12 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 13 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 14 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 15 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 16 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 17 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 18 visa appointment experience
- 19 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 20 Which Heathrow Airport Car Service Would You Use?
- 21 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 22 4 week trip Turkey
- 23 Holiday in Austria
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 25 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise